• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ufcredwingfan

If we're gonna trade Legace then...

Rate this topic

IF AND A BIG IF we are going to trade Legace why not address all of our needs at the same time.

#1 Replacing Ficsher He's having a press conference Monday at 4pm to say something maybe to say he's done for the year or worse.

If Fischer is gonna be done for now then we need to replace him here's how it could work most likely not gonna happen but hear me out. With Fischer out it frees up 1.33 we also have a little more than 1.3 left in cap space. So here's my idea.

Trade:

To Anaheim: a 2nd or 3rnd pick what ever they'll bite on and Mowers 450k we have to dump him.We also have some trade bait with our Griffins players if we would have to sweeten the pot.

To Det: Salei 1.824 and a 5th rnd pick

Anaheim gets to dump some Cap space like they want and gets picks for it.

We on the other hand get a Defenseman we really need who hits, plays good D, can chip in on offence and can fight plus a 5th rnd pick. We have a good track recorded at finding Gems in later rnds.

We now have 1.256 in cap room

So here's were its gonna get messy.

Trade:

To Van: Legace 1.162 Draper 2.128 and Maltby 1.444 I know Draper has a no trade clause but so did Todd Marchant he didn't wave his no trade clause so they waived him we could do the same for Draper. I love the guy but we need to be thinking of the future.

To Det: Bertuzzi 5,269.333 and there 4th and 5th rnd picks.

Van Gets the goalie that they want plus two proven vets who are decent defensively and chip in some times on offence. We Get a power forward who Scores, Hits, and Fights. Plus a 4th and 5th rnd picks the cap room left is now 720,667k

Lines could be as follows when Lang and Kronwall get back.

Bertuzzi Datsyuk Samuelsson

Shanahan Lang Hudler

Williams Zetterberg Yzerman

Cleary Franzen Holmstrom

Lidstrom Schneider

Salei Kronwall

Chelios Lilja

Howard/ Osgood

Until then they could be this.

Bertuzzi Datsyuk Samuelsson

Shanahan Zetterberg Williams

Yzerman Hudler Holmstrom or swap as you see fit

Cleary Franzen Bootland

Lidstrom Schneider

Salei Lebda

Chelios Lilja

Howard/ Osgood

We just addressed our needs. We added the Power Forward who Scores, Hits, and Fights and a Defenseman who is good on D and Hits, Fights, and can chip in on offence. If Bertuzzi likes it here then maybe we can resign him next year since he's a UFA. Hopefully around 4mil a year for like 3 to 4 years. Then Lids will either go back to Sweden or stay here for half the pay he's getting now with the left over cash we could get Chara 4mil for 3 to 4 yrs. Hell next years team could be better than this years team. Yzerman will retire so will Chelios it will be sad to see these two great players retire but its there time to go. I would hate to see them wanna stay for another year and have a bad year then have them leaving on a bad note. With our rookies hopefully they can come up to the NHL next year with lines like this.

Bertuzzi Datsyuk Hudler

Shanahan Lang Filppula

Williams Zetterberg Samuelsson

Cleary Franzen Bootland

Lidstrom Schneider

Chara Kronwall

Salei Fischer/Lebda

Howard/Liv

Thats my opinion peace.

Well, I would like to see a really really ballsy trade sometime soon. And, this would be it, but the problem is, in trading both Draper and Maltby, our PK is lacking in a big way. That also trades away the two important components of our checking line, not to mention two extreme fan favorites for a guy who this town absolutely hates. Not to mention the fact that our players probably also do. Not to say that I wouldn't make the trade, though. Because, I would. If we could get one more proven checking line player, that is, or find a way to not trade either Drapes OR Maltby.

Word,

LDi03

As I said I know he has a no Trade Cluase but if he wont wave it in a trade we could wave him and then Van could pick him off wavers.

we waive draper and most if not all 30 nhl teams are going to want him. It's not going to be like marchant and bjs. Where talking about one of the best pkers in the leauge.

Trade Legace, Hudler and a 2nd to Washington for Witt and a 3rd, then this allows Washington to trade Kolzig to a team like Edmonton or Philly near the trade deadline if they're still undecided in net.

I'd love to see Legace go to Vancouver he would probably be the starter and he would have a way better chance to go the finals as the starter then he would here. Hell here we don't get past the first round. No PK and with Salei we stay on the PK most of the game which cuts Stevies time to about 2 minutes a game so we might as well dump his ass too. Not to mention the fact that Bertuzzi takes bad penalties so we would be 2 men down most a game I just hate watching that.And of course an Osgood injury would make the starter Howard and the back up either MacDonald or MacIntyer. That should get us far in a playoff run this year. Bertuzzi would be a great fit here for about 10 minutes until Holland could on the phone and make a deal on him.

Edited by BringDMacBack

Trade Legace, Hudler and a 2nd to Washington for Witt and a 3rd, then this allows Washington to trade Kolzig to a team like Edmonton or Philly near the trade deadline if they're still undecided in net.

That's massive overpayment for a player in the last year of his contract that has gone on the record asking to be traded to a competitive team. Leave Hudler and the 2nd out of it and disregard the 3rd coming in. You're making htis trade way to complicated. Either a pick or a player for Witt but not a player, prospect, and a pick for Witt and a pick.

peace

That's massive overpayment for a player in the last year of his contract that has gone on the record asking to be traded to a competitive team. Leave Hudler and the 2nd out of it and disregard the 3rd coming in. You're making htis trade way to complicated. Either a pick or a player for Witt but not a player, prospect, and a pick for Witt and a pick.

peace

I thought so too, I said earlier that anything over a 2nd for Witt was an overpayment, but RyanBarnes! was very convinced that there's a ton of teams going after him willing to pay a ton more. So I tweaked it... a lot.

Guest youssp9

I would never trade Legace. How about this trade:

To Ducks:

Mowers-RW

Blatak-D

3rd round draft pick

To Wings:

Salei-D

Hedstrom

Right off the bat the starter of this thread messed up. Address all the needs of this team in one trade, fine. Where is your answer to our lack of power forward? Real replacements for our already sub-par prospects you want to trade? and lastly how are your going to replace Draper and Maltby for Brutuzzi? Hmmmm not going to happen while Chelly is here. This trade reeks total lack of thought.

I thought so too, I said earlier that anything over a 2nd for Witt was an overpayment, but RyanBarnes! was very convinced that there's a ton of teams going after him willing to pay a ton more. So I tweaked it... a lot.

Witt probably is going to garner a lot of attention. All we can do is hope McPhee likes Holland. Maybe Witt is allowed some sort of input on where he's going as well. Not sure where he'd prefer to go but the Wings are among the more competitive teams out there looking for defensive help.

If we get outbid, we get outbid, but we can't afford to give up too much for a true rental unless we can agree to a contract extension prior to the deal.

peace

Manny to LA, who would you like from LA to make this happen?

LA has some great players but none of them would fit our needs here. You guys are in the same boat we are when it comes to an ageing defence.

If the Wings traded two of my favs for a convict, I think I would have to find another team to cheer for. I can't cheer for Bertuzzi to win the cup, and I hope others are with me.

I'm With You. I wouldnt want that criminal on my favorite team for anything.

peace

I don't think a pick alone will do it. I can see Toronto shipping either Stajan, Wellwood or possibly Colaiacovo and a pick to Washington for Witt if need be.

That's massive overpayment for a player in the last year of his contract that has gone on the record asking to be traded to a competitive team.  Leave Hudler and the 2nd out of it and disregard the 3rd coming in.  You're making htis trade way to complicated.  Either a pick or a player for Witt but not a player, prospect, and a pick for Witt and a pick.

peace

I don't think a pick alone will do it. I can see Toronto shipping either Stajan, Wellwood or possibly Colaiacovo and a pick to Washington for Witt if need be.

That's why Hudler, Legace and possibly Derek Meech should do it....we can ask for Witt and a pick