37 replies to this topic

#21 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

Hahahaha, guess.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#22 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Heaton @ December 15, 2005 - 09:03PM)
I really expected the same results, I guess it's because I take on the "big boys" during the arguments and there's stronger posters who take the pessimistic view over the optimistic view so people automaticlly think that I'm some homer who doesn't really know anything. It's cool though, I know I'm not completely clueless!

I may be wrong on occasions, but I feel I contriubte more than most.

Don't worry Heaton. I think you do a good job argueing for the optimistic side. You always backup your view with real arguments and you stick to the hockey related stuff.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#23 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:41 AM

eh, I don't know....I think if the name is recognizable to most LGW posters, then they've made enough intelligent posts to survive.

I'm not revealing who I voted for but let's just say my selection has a nasty habit of assuming his opinion is the only one that makes any sense, so you can make a perfectly reasoned and well-thought-out argument that contradicts what he thinks everyone thinks, so all you get back is something like "wow blink.gif "

the other problem is that all these selections use decent grammar and proper spelling most of the time.....so even if I think they're stupid-wrong, at least I respect the opinion. Agree or disagree, I find it hard to take anyone seriously who types without any thought to the actual English language. OK, so I sound like a total twerp, but that's better than a post that says "OZBAD SUX". Nobody on that list, for example, ever tried to pass "tooken" off as a real word, as in "Howard was tooken out of the game early."
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#24 MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Now With Staingard

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (fightfan24 @ December 15, 2005 - 07:03PM)
Can I do a write in vote for my ex wife? laugh.gif

laugh.gif

LMAO

#25 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:20 PM

Jamie!
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#26 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:40 PM

I'm not totally sure what everyone here thinks of me since I typically have very opinionated posts.

I usually have some sort of fact to back up what I say, but I tend to go too far at times.

Anyway, I am still sorta learning the rules and ettiquete(sp?) of a message board, so i hope i get better with time
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#27 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) @ December 17, 2005 - 05:40PM)
I'm not totally sure what everyone here thinks of me since I typically have very opinionated posts.

I usually have some sort of fact to back up what I say, but I tend to go too far at times.

Anyway, I am still sorta learning the rules and ettiquete(sp?) of a message board, so i hope i get better with time

Im sure its nothin to worry about. smile.gif
"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#28 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:57 PM

This poll is hilarious!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#29 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:17 AM

Funny poll laugh.gif
Go Blue!!!

#30 twins1729

twins1729

Slash Queens

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:37 AM

Me, I suck at arguements. I fight the lonely battle here for gays to be treated fairly.

#31 hockeyman3099

hockeyman3099

Trade it all for Ovechkin

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

and i fight the battle for them not to be ^^^^

#32 CelticWing34

CelticWing34

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (redwinggirlz @ February 4, 2006 - 05:37AM)
Me, I suck at arguements. I fight the lonely battle here for gays to be treated fairly.

Don't worry, I'm with you smile.gif
B! E! L! L! I! S! S! I! M! O! What does that spell? Bellissimo! And what does it mean? Sooo beautiful!

user posted image

#33 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (hockeyman3099 @ February 6, 2006 - 03:15PM)
and i fight the battle for them not to be ^^^^

you are a sack of s**t bud.....

Sorry for the "personal attacks" that are not supposed to be part of this thread, but I am no *** rights activist in any way, and I was offended by Hockeyman's post.

f**king grow up, or better yet, go post somewhere else like Calgarypuck.com
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#34 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) @ February 6, 2006 - 11:12PM)
f**king grow up, or better yet, go post somewhere else like Calgarypuck.com

Why even bother respond to him about that? It's better to just ignore it, and don't bash calgarypuck, they have a very good website with excellent posters. www.coloradoavalanche.com would be better for him.
Moral victories are for losers.

#35 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:21 AM

I voted for myself wink.gif

Edited by Barnes52, 07 February 2006 - 09:22 AM.

#36 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (redwinggirlz @ February 4, 2006 - 05:37AM)

Gays aren't treated fairly here? How the heck would I even know if someone was *** unless they told me?

Anyway, I vote for anyone who gets involved in Legace vs. Osgood debates. Those people are just looking for pointless argument.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#37 WesternWing

WesternWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

Son of a Wing

dumbest poll ever

ha ha
not !!!!!!!!

Edited by WesternWing, 28 February 2006 - 11:07 AM.

#38 HASEKdaDOMINATRO

HASEKdaDOMINATRO

Hail To The Victors.

• Silver Booster
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (heals_3000 @ December 15, 2005 - 08:31AM)
GillyFo thumbup.gif

I think I miss that guy thumbup.gif / thumbdown.gif ??
I've often been asked in the years since Lake Placid what was the best moment for me. Well, it was here - the sight of 20 young men of such differing backgrounds now standing as one. Young men willing to sacrifice so much of themselves all for an unknown. A few years later, the U.S. began using professional athletes at the Games - Dream Teams. I always found that term ironic because now that we have Dream Teams, we seldom ever get to dream. But on one weekend, as America and the world watched, a group of remarkable young men gave the nation what it needed most - a chance, for one night, not only to dream, but a chance, once again, to believe.
--Herb Brooks
Coach of the 1980 USA Olympic Men's Hockey Team, the Miracle on Ice