• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EstonianWingsFan#1

Tyler Haskins

Rate this topic

I was wondering, has anyone seen this guy live on ice? I've heard that he is not much of an physical presence on ice, but still he is 16th among OHL top scorers.

Currently he has 18+26=44 points in 29 games, in his last game he scored a hat trick. Sounds like a nice prospect for Detroit, even if he lacks some bulk.

Does anyone have more information about how he actually looks in his role in Toronto or is it maybe too early to evaluate him, because this is still his breakthrough season and I should be more patient. Any comments on him or what you think about Haskins??

Yeah but is Datsyuk strong enough? No way, he is packed with skills. Trust me on one thing, he cannot be so weak that he will be dropped due to strength, not to mention decent scoring in OHL. I mean he had 2 assists again last night.

He is already 11th in OHL scoring, he has 18points in 8 games this month. That is impressive, don't forget he was a round 5 pick and also this is his first breakthrough season, who knows what can he do next season.

I'm pretty confident that he can be considered a decent playmaker for the future of Wings. That's scouting. It's not important to get the highest picks (maybe only top10), the important part is to get picks in each round how can suddenly contribute as McGrath was or Haskins now or Kindl suddenly this season, not to mention Zetterberg and Datsyuk were draft picks in between # 180 - 220. That's what really helps the team. Not Sid the Kid, but a selection of talent each year. I can't imagine how many first round or second round picks Wings have traded away durnig the last 10 years. Why are they still one of the leagues top teams? Because of great scouting and decent draft picks in spite of low draft picks.

Anyway, just tried to make my point, I think McGrath, Haskins and Kindl all have a breakthrough season this year. Considering McGrath it's his second year of increase in production. Oh yeah and Helm has been decent too, if we check out his last years achievements.