• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

10 teams scouts at the wings/pens game

Rate this topic

Watching the game tonite they said that 10 teams had reps scouting. Now there either here for the pens or for us. Chances are good there for the pens but i wonder who'd we try and move? Legace didn't play and he's been the topic of most of our trade rumors. Who then? osgood looked real freaking sharp but we'd be a fool to trade him when he gets going. He may suck when he's warming up but when he ketches fire he'll hold you in a game. It's no secret we need D, and we have centers to spare. Maybe they where looking at hudler? Who knows,...

The Wings have been extremely conservative with their trades the past couple years. I expect them to pick up a low-priced defensemen - possibly at the deadline, hopefully sooner - and that's about it. It would be nice to see Kenny swing a trade, though. There hasn't been any trading excitement around the Wings since the Schneider deal.

The Wings have been extremely conservative with their trades the past couple years. I expect them to pick up a low-priced defensemen - possibly at the deadline, hopefully sooner - and that's about it. It would be nice to see Kenny swing a trade, though. There hasn't been any trading excitement around the Wings since the Schneider deal.

What about picking up the leading scorer last season?

peace

You realize that teams regularly send their scouts to evaluate their competition, right? Just because there's a scout at the game, doesn't mean that there's a definitely trade in the works.

Just look at Dave Lewis' new job description with the Wings (from DetroitRedWings.com)

In his new capacity with the team, Lewis will be responsible for providing insight to evaluate talent and consider player personnel decisions. He will be called upon to scout select teams at the NHL and AHL level and provide key information to the Wings coaching and management staffs regarding potential trade and free agent acquisitions or preparing for upcoming opponents.

Could a trade be in the works? Possibly. But scouts at a game doesn't signify imminent roster moves ahead...

I have confirmed who 7 of the 10 reps were with…. Chicago, Florida, Philly, St.Louis, Tampa, Jersey, and Buffalo. At first I suspected that most of the scouts were there to evaluate the teams, but now I’m wondering why so many Eastern conference teams were there to watch an out of conference team, and a last place team in an outer division (excluding Philly). I am especially interested in Tampa’s presence. There is no one on Pittsburg I could see them being interested in. As speculated previously, they might be interested in Legace, but he, of course, wasn’t playing tonight. It could be possible, like theman said, they were scouting Hudler. It will be interesting to see if anything happens in the next little while.

I have confirmed who 7 of the 10 reps were with…. Chicago, Florida, Philly, St.Louis, Tampa, Jersey, and Buffalo. At first I suspected that most of the scouts were there to evaluate the teams, but now I’m wondering why so many Eastern conference teams were there to watch an out of conference team, and a last place team in an outer division (excluding Philly). I am especially interested in Tampa’s presence. There is no one on Pittsburg I could see them being interested in. As speculated previously, they might be interested in Legace, but he, of course, wasn’t playing tonight. It could be possible, like theman said, they were scouting Hudler. It will be interesting to see if anything happens in the next little while.

Buffalo is the only one that really stands out as a "here to scout the Wings for a trade" sort of thing.

Chicago and St. Louis have both played Detroit several times.

Jersey has also played Detroit.

Tampa, Florida, and Philly will play Detroit later this year.

Buffalo will not face Detroit this season. Buffalo has already played Pittsburgh.

A last place team that picked up a lot in payroll to start the season could be viewed as a big seller (especially with their money problems). They have a lot of parts that I'm sure they'd love to be rid of *cough*Gonchar*cough*.

peace

A last place team that picked up a lot in payroll to start the season could be viewed as a big seller (especially with their money problems). They have a lot of parts that I'm sure they'd love to be rid of *cough*Gonchar*cough*.

peace

I would have to agree with you there.

peace

poor guy,...i bet when he signed with pitts of the summer the last thing going through his mind was,...."i wonder if i'm going to miss washington" bet he does now.