• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EstonianWingsFan#1

Swedish prospects

Rate this topic

I don't know how much anyone can follow swedish prospects, but as long as we have Hakan the Scout, it might be a good link to search sometimes. As you probably cannot understand swedish, on this site you can read in english. Just search a player and thats it. Current stats and everything included.

www.eliteprospects.com

I also wanted to say, that there might be some doubs when we mention Löfberg, our 2005 3rd pick. He's a great player, he is on tryout with Djurgarden (means Zoo in english) laugh.gif and he has only 1 goal in 28 games. But... not much icetime, he's young also and he is in SEL (Swedish top league) only because he looks more mature that many others. In Djurgarden junior team he is doing great 6+2=8 in 6 games and it was maybe too early to put him to SEL league. Patience is the key word here. Many people on swedish sites and news say he's really good.

But you can have a look yourself, hope it's interesting enough to create a topic.

God I really hope Ryno and Lofberg pan out. More so than Liv, Howard and Crosby. I really really really want these guys to emerge as the next Zetts/Forsberg's for this team. Would that not be sick?

I can only say one thing, whatever we may think on the draftday, Hakan has proved to us, he can find gems out of dirt. Wasn't Zetterberg 216th pick or something and for example Datsyuk 181th or something like that. Dunno if Hakan had anything to do with Datsyuk but still at least as long as we are drafting swedes, we have to trust some choices we maybe find weird, because isn't it all about drafting future all-stars in some 5th or 6th or 7th round as an addition to first and second round picks? To be honest, when talking about swedish prospects, I am the most exited about Ryno (looking at him makes me wanna call him a Rhino, maybe we will in the future who knows).

God I really hope Ryno and Lofberg pan out. More so than Liv, Howard and Crosby. I really really really want these guys to emerge as the next Zetts/Forsberg's for this team. Would that not be sick?

Me too, but I am certainly not holding my breath on these guys.

All three of Detroit's Swedish prospects made the WJHC's this year. Now we have a chance to see what they're made of.

I believe Axelsson did, but I don't think Lofberg (who we selected in the third round this year) made the team.

I believe Axelsson did, but I don't think Lofberg (who we selected in the third round this year) made the team.

I think your right, Lofberg didn't make it.

they made the official team roster or the tryouts ??

if its official can someone post a link ?

Here's a link to something that might help you: Team Sweden U20 Roster

I dono, looks to me like they have too many of each position, so I guess this is just a list of tryouts.

Man, that Ryno is way bigger than anyone in that offence. He's the tallest person on the team, and one of the heavier guys too. We sure could use a guy that big upfront on the Wings. I guess Johan is a real worker too.

A Swedish poster over at HFBoards just confirmed Ritola, Axelsson, and Ryno as being on the final roster.

He even picked Ryno as one of the players to watch for when asked who besides Bergfors ought to make an impact. Referred to him as a "6'5 monster with very good offensive skills." WOOO!! biggrin.gif

peace

cool thanks for the info , im really hoping to catch all the sweden games to watch these guys in action and im hoping ryno and ritola are like in the top 10 in scoring in the tournament and axelson is a nice defensive player

also looking forward to seeing kindl , to bad we dont have anymore players in the tournament lol

if theres anyone else im missing besides those four please let me know , but i believe those are the only 4 we have in the tournament

i was really excited about seeing the wings 3 swede prospects so i went to tsn to check out the schedule and i got really shafted lol , what a dissapointment, my only hope is if they make it past the opening round

at the bottom the is the schedule for those in of you in canada

DECEMBER

Tuesday, Dec. 20 Canada vs. Czech Republic (Exhibition) 10:30pm 7:30pm

Thursday, Dec. 22 Canada vs. Russia (Exhibition) 10pm 7pm

Friday, Dec. 23 World Junior Hockey Preview Show 7pm 4pm

Monday, Dec. 26 Canada vs. Finland 6:30pm 3:30pm

USA vs. Norway (only) 11pm 8pm

Tuesday, Dec. 27 USA vs. Norway 1pm 10am

Wednesday, Dec. 28 Canada vs. Switzerland 6:30pm 3:30pm

USA vs. Finland (only) 11pm 8pm

Thursday, Dec. 29 USA vs. Finland 1pm 10am

Canada vs. Norway 6:30pm 3:30pm