• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WindsorPlaya

Draper to Toronto For Allison?

Rate this topic

what if we traded draper to ottawa for redden , only if redden was to sign an extension .....would anyone oppose this ?

i can see it happening cause ottawa might lose redden for nothing at the end of the season and getting draper and a guy who can do what he does on the penalty kill and shut down oppositions stars might make them jump on it

and detroit well they need a defencemen and having redden say for the next 4 years would be a tremendous upgrade for us

we can somehow get rid of lang and ozzie and hopefully land a martin biron and the salary would be covered

plus we'd still have maltby/franzen/zetterberg/cleary to kill penalties and maltby to get other team stars under their skin

Edited by wingsfan27

what if we traded draper to ottawa for redden , only if redden was to sign an extension .....would anyone oppose this ?

Draper's value is so little compared to his salary. There's no way the Senators would make such a trade.

the guys value is so much more then the goals and points he gets

hes probably gonna make team canada over stars like bertuzzi and others

and ottawa risks to lose redden at the end of the season for nothing, and itll be extra money they save to assure getting chara signed

kinda makes sense to me

Edited by wingsfan27

I may be fixated on points but from your username it certainly looks like you are fixated on Draper's nut sack.

WindsorPlaya, this comment was completely uncalled for. I have not been insulting to you in any way in my responses. I have not said you were crazy for this idea as some others have in this thread. Yet you singled me out for a crass comment when all I have done is argued my point of view as rationally as I could. If you don't agree with me, fine. We can agree to disagree. But making comments like that are completely unnecessary. If you're tired of stating your case in a well-mannered fashion, fine. We'll just stop this conversation.

I may be fixated on points but from your username it certainly looks like you are fixated on Draper's nut sack.

WindsorPlaya, this comment was completely uncalled for. I have not been insulting to you in any way in my responses. I have not said you were crazy for this idea as some others have in this thread. Yet you singled me out for a crass comment when all I have done is argued my point of view as rationally as I could. If you don't agree with me, fine. We can agree to disagree. But making comments like that are completely unnecessary. If you're tired of stating your case in a well-mannered fashion, fine. We'll just stop this conversation.

Seconded. These kinds of comments have no place on the boards.

peace

There is no way Holland is going to trade Draper, and it would make no sense whatsoever to trade him either. Draper is probably the BEST defensive-forward in the NHL right now. Yes, Draper could bring in some good defenseman if we traded him, but that defenseman could not pick up the slack that we lose trading Draper. I also know that you all say that Franzen and Cleary can pick up Draper's slack, but they can't. Maltby and Draper are one of the best or could be the best defensive-forward pairs in the NHL right now. Trading Draper who be a huge mistake for the wings if they do it. I veto the idea of trading Draper.

Draper is probably the BEST defensive-forward in the NHL right now.

Maltby and Draper are one of the best or could be the best defensive-forward pairs in the NHL right now.

Probably? Could be?

He is, they are.

ph34r.gif

Point being I'm wrong, or are you just fixing my little mistakes that I made in the last second.

I was just saying he IS the best defensive forward. I mean, he was recognized for it. (See FREAKIN' SELKE AWARD WINNER!)

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just chimeing in with my opinion.

Don't worry about it man. You're defenitly one of my favorite members already. You seem to know your hockey really well, and I respect/appreciate that.

Again, don't sweat it dude. Sorry if I came off a little offensive.

Guest shanny14

LOL that has rang a bell but i have heard that a couple times from you.. everyone must be your favorite.

But as far as draper goes... well hes not going anywhere! I dont forsee him as captain just yet. I dont even want to talk captain until i hear steve Yzerman say that he is hanging up the skates.

I dont know i just feel that it is out of respect for stevie that I wont talk about it. thats all i have to say on the whole draper/ captain subject!

But any hoo, draper is vital to this team. he can bring in a goal when it is needed. as seen from past games! Kris draper is definitely a keeper. good skating ability... hes really fast! and ya gotta love him!! Go Drapey!

Edited by shanny14

First of all I want to get an explaination to why we need more offence. We have a whole line up that can score. Aside from the Grind Line we have 3 line of players that are more than capable to put up 5 goals a night. Drapers point production has gone down this year for simple reasons. He is playing alot more PK this year and alot less EV minutes then last season. Not to mention his right hand man McCarty is gone.

All this trade does is add in another Handicap parking space at the Joe because Allison will get injuried in no time.

We don't really need more offense. We have enough. And if they play on the top of their games like tonight, then they'll do just fine. We have great offensive scoring talent. If we need anything, it would be just a little more physicality on defense.

For me, its the fact that he can't hit the broad side of a barn! I have never seen a hockey player with that many breakaways miss the net so often.

well well this is so funny that you were proven right last night against the blue jackets which i always new that he is like that its just funnier now hehe.gif

later, dats>.

The trade idea doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyways, like some of us have said already. Anyways, hasn't Allison been bumbed out for a while now?

Why trade basically the best defensive forward in the game for an old washed up forward.

We all know Holland pretty well for what he does, and we all know that he wouldn't do something as stupid as this.