• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shredded Red

Wings trade rumor out of Boston.

Rate this topic

A friend of mine in Boston says the Bruins are trying to move Murray and the word there is the B's are in talks with Detroit about a trade involving Lang and possibley Holmstrom for Murray and possibley Boynton.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The Wings are very deep at center, and of all our centers Lang will most likely be the one to go at some point. Because it's doubtful that we'd ship away our youth (Williams, Dats, Zetts, Hudler) or our potential future team captain (Draper). Although I think everyone would hate to see Homer go he would fit in rather well in Boston (I still don't think we should trade him)

Boston lacks experience at center now that Thornton is gone. Detroit is looking for a good young tough D-man and Boynton, although currently on IR, fits that perfectly. Boston is also pretty deep at D so they could spare him.

The only issue is I'm not sure how all of this would fit under the cap unless we sent along some players like Mowers and Rivers (possibley for draft picks.)

<I may be wrong, but I believe Holland tried to sign Murray as a FA awhile back as well>

Doubt it.. where did your friend hear this from? if he heard anything he didnt hear Holmstroms name, I can assure you of that. But since we're trading with Boston lets do this...

Rob Lang

Jiri Hudler

Miroslav Blatak

2nd round in 06

Glen Murray

Patrice Bergeron

Hal Gill

rolleyes.gif

I'd do Lang and Holmstrom for Murray and Boynton in a heartbeat. It would take care of a lot of issues. Zetterberg could finally play centre. Murray adds size and goalscoring touch upfront. Boynton adds size and toughness on defense. Murray has a huge contract though.

Doubt it.. where did your friend hear this from? if he heard anything he didnt hear Holmstroms name, I can assure you of that. But since we're trading with Boston lets do this...

Rob Lang

Jiri Hudler

Miroslav Blatak

2nd round in 06

Glen Murray

Patrice Bergeron

Hal Gill

rolleyes.gif

glen murray AND the youngstr bergeron for that ?

keep dreaming

A friend of mine in Boston says the Bruins are trying to move Murray and the word there is the B's are in talks with Detroit about a trade involving Lang and possibley Holmstrom for Murray and possibley Boynton.

This actually makes a lot of sense.  The Wings are very deep at center, and of all our centers Lang will most likely be the one to go at some point.  Because it's doubtful that we'd ship away our youth (Williams, Dats, Zetts, Hudler) or our potential future team captain (Draper).  Although I think everyone would hate to see Homer go he would fit in rather well in Boston (I still don't think we should trade him)

Boston lacks experience at center now that Thornton is gone.  Detroit is looking for a good young tough D-man and Boynton, although currently on IR, fits that perfectly.  Boston is also pretty deep at D so they could spare him.

The only issue is I'm not sure how all of this would fit under the cap unless we sent along some players like Mowers and Rivers (possibley for draft picks.)

<I may be wrong, but I believe Holland tried to sign Murray as a FA awhile back as well>

I'd take that trade. It would provide us with a big winger and a good defenseman, both of which we need, and would free up a permanent spot at center for Hank.

Sure, I'd hate to see Homer go, but someone else can stand in front of the net on the PP and that's really the only thing he does exceptionally well. No one would probably do it quite as well as him, but that role is replacable.

I don't think cap would be an issue. We'd be ditching $5.168 million and taking on $5.9 million but we have a little wiggle room because of Fischer's salary. The math would be tight but I think it would be possible.

Edited by Grind Line 33

He said he heard it on sports talk radio there. He knows Lang isn't partucularly a favorite of mine, or his, so I have a hard time thinking he's messing around.

I'd hate to see homer go too, and I don't think his skill in front of the net is replaceable. I don't think there's another player like him in front of the net in the entire league. But a fair trade is a fair trade and the Wings would have to give up someone worthwhile to get those two players.

With this rumor involving Boston anything is possible, but the fact that we haven't heard anything about it here is confusing...but interesting to me.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The Wings are very deep at center, and of all our centers Lang will most likely be the one to go at some point. Because it's doubtful that we'd ship away our youth (Williams, Dats, Zetts, Hudler) or our potential future team captain (Draper). Although I think everyone would hate to see Homer go he would fit in rather well in Boston (I still don't think we should trade him)

Boston lacks experience at center now that Thornton is gone. Detroit is looking for a good young tough D-man and Boynton, although currently on IR, fits that perfectly. Boston is also pretty deep at D so they could spare him.

I don't doubt you its just that well....this deal blows it the worst ways. Im a fan of Murray's game and would love to have him and Boynton here. But for that price no thanks.

Rob Lang

Jiri Hudler

Miroslav Blatak

2nd round in 06

Glen Murray

Patrice Bergeron

Hal Gill 

rolleyes.gif

keep dreaming

I will. Every night I dream that i come on this board and I see a "Hudler traded" thread!! biggrin.gif

Rob Lang

Jiri Hudler

Miroslav Blatak

2nd round in 06

Glen Murray

Patrice Bergeron

Hal Gill 

rolleyes.gif

keep dreaming

I will. Every night I dream that i come on this board and I see a "Hudler traded" thread!! biggrin.gif

Just in time to be replaced by McGrath, eh?

peace

i question murray's ability to play up to expectation without joe thorton. I'm sure a playmaker like dats or zets could still feed him the puck and i really like nick boyton but homer is kennie's boy. He's not going anywhere.

I'd do Lang and Holmstrom for Murray and Boynton in a heartbeat. It would take care of a lot of issues. Zetterberg could finally play centre. Murray adds size and goalscoring touch upfront. Boynton adds size and toughness on defense. Murray has a huge contract though.

I agree. I'm likin that trade.

It doesn't quite fit cap-wise.  Murray and Boynton combine for around $6m and Lang and Homer combine for just over $5m.

peace

Yeah but if you figure in Fischers salary it works out fine.

I'm not sure it works like that. From everything I've seen we can replace Fischer with a guy with an equal or lesser salary and the new player's salary won't count against the cap. I've never heard/read that we get the cap space back to use as we please.

peace

It doesn't quite fit cap-wise.  Murray and Boynton combine for around $6m and Lang and Homer combine for just over $5m.

peace

Yeah but if you figure in Fischers salary it works out fine.

I'm not sure it works like that. From everything I've seen we can replace Fischer with a guy with an equal or lesser salary and the new player's salary won't count against the cap. I've never heard/read that we get the cap space back to use as we please.

peace

Oh right, i didn't know that. Your right then it doesn't work end of story.

wouldn't it work out if we lost some players like Mowers or Rivers?

Boston news is reporting that Murray has "asked" to be traded.

A second team that is involved in the Murray trade rumors is Anahiem.

Possibley Murray for Sykora?

I'd still rather bring him here.

I'd do it also.

Murray + Boynton = 5.9 million.

Lang + Holmström + retiring Fischer = 6.9 million.

So we would get room for one extra million at the total budget.

Shanahan-Datsyuk-Murray

Samuelsson-Zetterberg-Williams

Maltby-Draper-Yzerman

Cleary-Franzen-Mowers

(Filppula/Hudler)

Lidström-Boynton

Kronwall-Schneider

Woolley-Chelios

(Rivers, Lebda)

Legace

(Osgood, Howard)

Looks very ***** nice for me.

interesting deal....but alas Holmström isn't going anywhere. He'll finish his career here and rightfully so, he has earned it. On a small side note: isn't he having a hell of a season, for his standards? Ive been pretty impressed.

Edited by Seth

The Boston Herald suggests the Bruins might not be done dealing, mentioning big names Sergei Samsonov, Glen Murray and Andrew Raycroft as those possibly on the block, even going so far as to wonder whether Murray, upset about the Joe Thornton trade, requested a deal.  For his part, Murray says no request has been made.  The Herald mentions Anaheim as a possible trade partner.

Glen Murray is a very interesting propostion. There would be no way he would come here though with his salary.

Yes, Holland did try to sign Murray, there was spectulation he was minutes away from a deal. Although I love Holmstrom, Boynton is a great D-man, one thing we seem to be lacking at this point in time. I'd do it. Murray could play the PP that we are missing Holmstrom on. Of course, he wouldn't stand infront on 100 M/H slapshots like Tomas does, but it works.

The only problem would be the money. Could Boston not keep some of Murray's contract? That would help us out, and with Thornton gone, the B's could afford it.

No, Boston can't take and pay off some of Murray's contract if he's traded here. Most of those contracts are in the MLB. I would like Murray here too, but the price may be too much if we could get him here. I didn't hear about the Murray think of asking for a trade, but if he did, we'll see where he ends up. I think the teams good now, they just got to start playing the way they've always played. They've been in a somewhat slump since the Fischer incident, and I can't blame them, but they need to get back on track.