• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:30 PM

interesting deal....but alas Holmström isn't going anywhere. He'll finish his career here and rightfully so, he has earned it. On a small side note: isn't he having a hell of a season, for his standards? Ive been pretty impressed.

Edited by Seth, 16 December 2005 - 08:34 PM.

Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#22 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:52 AM

The Boston Herald suggests the Bruins might not be done dealing, mentioning big names Sergei Samsonov, Glen Murray and Andrew Raycroft as those possibly on the block, even going so far as to wonder whether Murray, upset about the Joe Thornton trade, requested a deal.  For his part, Murray says no request has been made.  The Herald mentions Anaheim as a possible trade partner.

Glen Murray is a very interesting propostion. There would be no way he would come here though with his salary.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#23 Magus Relmyn

Magus Relmyn

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:31 PM

I'd do it. You guys need to ditch Lang and a big, physical d-man to replace Jiri.

#24 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

Yes, Holland did try to sign Murray, there was spectulation he was minutes away from a deal. Although I love Holmstrom, Boynton is a great D-man, one thing we seem to be lacking at this point in time. I'd do it. Murray could play the PP that we are missing Holmstrom on. Of course, he wouldn't stand infront on 100 M/H slapshots like Tomas does, but it works.

The only problem would be the money. Could Boston not keep some of Murray's contract? That would help us out, and with Thornton gone, the B's could afford it.

#25 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:51 AM

No, Boston can't take and pay off some of Murray's contract if he's traded here. Most of those contracts are in the MLB. I would like Murray here too, but the price may be too much if we could get him here. I didn't hear about the Murray think of asking for a trade, but if he did, we'll see where he ends up. I think the teams good now, they just got to start playing the way they've always played. They've been in a somewhat slump since the Fischer incident, and I can't blame them, but they need to get back on track.

#26 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (fatcat6 @ December 19, 2005 - 03:51AM)
I didn't hear about the Murray think of asking for a trade, but if he did, we'll see where he ends up.

Yeah, he did request a trade. The only reason he signed an extension last year was to be with Thornton, and as we all know, Joe was traded.

Murray would be a great addition to the Wings, and I'd gladly accept him and Boynton for Holmstrom and Lang. We are super deep at center, and Murray is an upgrade from Holms. I mean, Holmstrom sits in front of the net on the PP, and Murray can shoot on the PP. Perfect cool.gif