• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

Not another Rumor

Rate this topic

Just an honest question what would you guys and gals think of the wings trading with the Ducks for the following:

Petr Sykora and Ruslan Salei?

I know Petr has a pretty big contract but if the deal leans on the Ducks Holland could prolly get the Quakers to eat some of their contracts.

Edited by Seth

well think about it

in Petr Sykora we'd get a Czech to pair up with Lang. A player who can take LW or RW well. Be it he ain't no bruiser at least he's no tiny tim and even for a euro he's playing soild 26 PIMs in 25 games. Also the dude can produce.

with Ruslan Salei the wings would land a D man who can battle, eenforce yet be responisble on D, yet not slouch on point making, play a top 4 D man game. Overall he's got a great defensive mind.

now here comes the fantasy dreamin part. In my mind if this trade were to go down I would have the Ducks through down a prospect or 2. How would I get then to do it? Throw them Hudler, Miroslav Blatak, Ozzie?, and a soild round draft pick 2nd or 3rd and 4th.

Well Heaton, if you think about the way things have looked with the Wings now, and Seth's general question, you'd be able to see what he may be thinking. Red Wings scoring has been good, but there a lot of people thinking that they could use more, therefore, more offensive help. Petr Sykora has damn good skills, and would be a great player for the Wings. He's got a nice touch and shot to help the scoring catagory for any team. What he also means by bringing up Ruslan Salei is Salei is a good size defenseman that doesn't take s%*t from anybody, and is a tough guy to play against, and could take the place and fill the void of missing Fischer. That's what Seth is probably thinking, but that's the connection I get, and it's like Seth said, a general question.

I'm not dogging your idea at all. I like what you're thinking. Those two wouldn't look bad at all in a Winged wheel. But your idea won't fly, because there are to many people that take offense to fantasy trades on this forum that would hate a prospect to go, even though it's only an idea.

well think about it

in Petr Sykora we'd get a Czech to pair up with Lang. A player who can take LW or RW well. Be it he ain't no bruiser at least he's no tiny tim and even for a euro he's playing soild 26 PIMs in 25 games. Also the dude can produce.

with Ruslan Salei the wings would land a D man who can battle, eenforce yet be responisble on D, yet not slouch on point making, play a top 4 D man game. Overall he's got a great defensive mind.

now here comes the fantasy dreamin part. In my mind if this trade were to go down I would have the Ducks through down a prospect or 2. How would I get then to do it? Throw them Hudler, Miroslav Blatak, Ozzie?, and a soild round draft pick 2nd or 3rd and 4th.

Salei definatly address our need for a hard hitting physical D man. when this guy plays like he's possesed he's deadly.

Sykora is a great player, his salary is not though. Don't know the exact figure but i think it's in the 3 mil. mark.

no your defintetly right Petr's contract is up there but again if the deal is sweet enough then they'll eat some of it. Im thinking (crazy as it is) somewhere in the half to 2/3rds ballpark. That would make this a hell of a bargain for this organization and team.

Can teams still 'eat' salary under this CBA? I was under the impression that wasn't allowed... only official way I know to do it is to waive someone, then call them back up. For pickups off of re-entry waivers, the losing team pays 1/2 salary... but I can't imagine either of these guys would survive 2 waiver drafts. tongue.gif

Teams can't eat salary in a trade under the new CBA. Also Sykora wouldn't be a Czech to pair with Lang because Lang + ?? would have to be shipped off in order to fit in Peter and Ruslan's contracts under the cap.

peace

Quick question. Lets say this trade did go down would we have the cap space and would you guys roll with it?

1. We'd be way over the cap (bringing in $5M and moving out not quite $2M with your proposal). 2. I don't think Burke would go for it. 3. I don't really like the trade itself.

IMO Lang would have to be the focal point otherwise there is no chance of Sykora coming over (with regards to cap room). We'd also have to move or demote somewhere between $500K and $1M to make it work.

Lang + a pick (3rd or so) might work for those two (provided they're available to be had). Burke would have zero interest in Hudler as he's chock full of young forwards already. Not to mention he's an enforcer/size fanatic.

peace