• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NazMoBert

Post Everytime You Look

Rate this topic

Forty years ago today we went to see Stevie Wonder and the Rolling Stones play at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Returning home, a letter was written, then forwarded on. The following year, a mailing tube arrived with two things inside; this:

winterland.jpg

The other thing was a letter asking that, in lieu of payment strictly for the poster, I send a money order as a contribution to the "Haight Ashbury Medical Centre" in San Francisco, for $10.00. It as a pleasure to do so.

It turns out this poster has become quite valuable, especially since a second printing was done, with an artistic correction made to the original by David Singer, the artist.

Last time I checked, both acts are still with us. As far as the Civic Arena goes, well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMLgIO3IDiU

Last night, onacounta we had nothing better to do, Mrs. BigWillie and myself, joined some friends of ours for a night with The Temptations at Pine Knob. (I'll never call it DTE....) I have to say, for a man of 70, "Big Daddy" still can shake it down. I was expecting it to be more of a review band type of situation, but the group gave the group I saw around 1974-75 a run for their money. All of the energy was still there, maybe more. First class showmen, still to this day. Can't wait for Yes and Procol Harum, to compare shows to their pasts.

Last night, onacounta we had nothing better to do, Mrs. BigWillie and myself, joined some friends of ours for a night with The Temptations at Pine Knob. (I'll never call it DTE....) I have to say, for a man of 70, "Big Daddy" still can shake it down. I was expecting it to be more of a review band type of situation, but the group gave the group I saw around 1974-75 a run for their money. All of the energy was still there, maybe more. First class showmen, still to this day. Can't wait for Yes and Procol Harum, to compare shows to their pasts.

I always call it Pine Knob as well, never liked the name change.

...Really? :shock:

But Fritos are so salty i'm surprised.

Yes, that is why I was checking. Quite surprising considering how salty they taste.

The most recent hydro & water bill arrived yesterday. I've had better news in my hands.

First thing I did was check to see if I missed last months payment. Nope. Apparently, I'm paying for the tree trimming in my community all by myself. Or so it seem from looking at my bill. Ouch. Gonna have to cut back on the bar tab for August.