• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Lang believes Fisch will retire..

Rate this topic

It talks about Lang being one of Jiri's closest friend's and that soon he may announce he'll retire if nothing is found out.

Also the Wings "father trip" that has been taking place this week will be aired on January 7th. It's gonna be a special that will be shown on CBC.

The Fischer thing is quite depressing. I hope to God he doesn't retire. sad.gif but whatever is best for him. Life is so much more important.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde...9760.xml&coll=1

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Pretty obvious during the press conference. No reason to risk it, hes made enough money to retire a happy/healthy man. Hes getting a wife soon and kids will be coming soon also. What more can he ask for?

It was up to Fischer whether he wanted to say it or not during his PC. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to say "I'm going to have to retire." Maybe he couldn't muster it.

But, the fact is, he is retired. Until and if he is able to play again.

It's only a matter of time before Fish makes that announcement. Firstly, what team wants to take the chance of one of their players "carking it" in front of the fans? I was at the Lions game when Reggie Brown got hurt and it was one of the most sickening feelings I've ever had.

Who will insure the guy with a known heart problem? And is it worth it? Not to mention the emotional toll it's taken on the rest of the Wings team. Sure, the fans can kind of push it off to the side but, don't you think Fish's team mates think about it all the time? They may be pros but, they're human, too.

I feel for him. He brought tears to MY eyes when he broke down. Part of that is the emotion of what he had been through but, also, someone who has had a heart attack can be very emotional afterward. Something to do with hormones that the body releases after such an event.

I wish him the best.

ShannyB

I hope the Wings organization keeps him on in some capacity. It would only be right.

As for not insuring a guy with a heart problem, though...wasn't Mario Lemieux just found to also have a heart problem? He's obviously still insured... unsure.gif

Mario didnt collapse on the bench during a game and need to be defibbed.

I hope with all my heart that they figure out whats wrong. Thank god he was lucky that he came back when defibbed. Remember that young swimmer had the same thing happen the same day(?) and she didn't make it and she was 15!

He is 25 years old and whether he plays hockey or not isn't the issue. He needs to be able to live and be an old gray haired man without the worry that he could be going up stairs or sitting in front of the TV and oops end of the road.

I have no doubt if they can fix it and he can play WITHOUT ANY ISSUE they will if not then there are other avenues for him perhaps scouting, asst coaching in the minors etc. But none of those options are available should he have another massive attack.

Does it suck for him and us who enjoy watching the Wings heck yes but what would be worse is the Wings wearing little black patches with a number 2 on them.

If you traspose the two names in the topic.... hehe.gif

And actually, the father-son thang is gonna be part of Hockey Day in Canada - that 13 hour or so Canadian luv fest about hockey. It's been entertaining from time-to-time just to watch Grapes almost wipeou on some frozen pond somewhere. But frankly, I can only take so much of the human interets stories that eminate each year from the banks of nowhere:

'Lil Claude started skating out on the pond when he was 3YO. As he grew, his father would drive him to the rinks at 3AM....' But I still will put it on as background noise - some of the stuff is fun - and you cant beat all the Canadian teams playing each other on this day.

Pretty obvious during the press conference. No reason to risk it, hes made enough money to retire a happy/healthy man. Hes getting a wife soon and kids will be coming soon also. What more can he ask for?

You are right, he has won the Stanley cup and the world cup awell, it is sad but he has had a successful career even though it may be cut short.

First off, Fischer sooner or later is going to have to retire - EVERYONE is. Duh. And i'm not gonna say my opinion on this but all I want to say is that it really annoys me that people are saying "this is what is best/right for Fischer" Do you know Fischer? No. None of us do. So to say retiring(or really anything) is best/right for him is just stupid, IMO.

We don't know what those test shows. We don't know what Fischer is feeling or going through. All we can do is look at stats of similier things and look at him at the press conference. Is the thought of retiring going through his mind? Most likely. Is it high up there? Most likely considering the odds of finding out what happened BUT that does not give us the right to say THIS is what is best for him because we don't know what is best for him.

My mom was working the other day during the press conference and was talking with the other nurses and they were all saying he should retire and my mom was like "would you tell a patient that came in here, from the same thing, the same age, the same shape, that he couldn't drive again? Or that he couldn't do what he loved again? No. They would ahve to make that decision based on how they feel about the whole thing. This happened once, it's not our place to tell him what he should and shouldnt do, and what is right and wrong for him. He has to figure it out and should not stop living and doing what he loves because of something that happened once"

Another team may not sign him. BUT if she stays in shape and come a couple of years down the line and NOTHING has happened since and he passes all the tests, someone would sign him. No one is going to sign him right now, nor do I think he would even THINK about it, but Fischer IMO is not going to give up on his life and dream, this soon. He's going to do whatever he can to play again. He knows that Hockey is not the most important thing anymore but he still loves it.

Okay.. so maybe i stated my opinion on this hehe and sorry for rambling btu it just bugs me.

Very sad. I was looking forward to Jiri having a long career with the Wings - he's only 25 - wow. sad.gif

I don't see how he could play with himself, his teammates, and his opponents knowing he could drop onto the ice at any second during any game. It's not worth it - but it's ultimately his decision. It would be cool if he could do something with the Wings org. though.

did he retire?

Wow, I thought this was a new thread...then I saw the date of the original posts. lol

Anyway, as far as I know, Fisch has not officially retired, but for all intents and purposes he is done. No team is going to take a chance on him, regardless of how badly he wants to play - he hasn't played in almost two years, he has to wear a defibrillator vest 24/7 (except when he's bathing), the docs still can't figure out what went wrong...I'm sure the desire and passion are still there but if he hasn't already, Fisch is going to have to admit his playing career is over.

Perhaps the Wings will hire him as a scout or something.