• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

Just Wondering

Rate this topic

what it would take for the wings to get Alexandre Giroux and Chad Wiseman from the Rangers? I was talking to a guy who lives in Hartford and gets to see the Wolves play. He was telling me these 2 just look great out there. I was wondering if Hudler, Kopecky and a 2nd rounder in 06 would do it. Thoughts?

Dunno, but that sounds like severe overpayment for guys that have been stuck in the AHL for five years.

peace

How is this an overpayment? Hudler will probably spend 5 years in the AHL, and Kopecky already has. The Wings need some hard working North American players for the future. It doesnt matter how long they have been in the A. If they look good now, thats what matters. They both have a point per game, and both have respectable size. Guys like Maltby, Holmstrom, and Draper wont be around forever. I would take this deal in a second. Our future line up would look something like this. That is a pretty solid and balanced forward corpse if you ask me.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Grigorenko

Filppula-McGrath-Williams

Wiseman-Giroux-Jamtin

Abdelkader-Franzen-Bootland

How is this an overpayment? Hudler will probably spend 5 years in the AHL, and Kopecky already has. The Wings need some hard working North American players for the future. It doesnt matter how long they have been in the A. If they look good now, thats what matters. They both have a point per game, and both have respectable size. Guys like Maltby, Holmstrom, and Draper wont be around forever. I would take this deal in a second. Our future line up would look something like this. That is a pretty solid and balanced forward corpse if you ask me.

Wiseman-Giroux-Jamtin

And Hudler has a significantly higher PPG and Kopecky is scoring fine and is bigger than the two big boys being brought in. Not to mention it's just piss poor resource manangement to pawn off three 2nd rounders for a 7th and an 8th. Giroux and Wiseman have next to no upside. Hudler and Kopecky do. Then there's that 2nd round pick.

peace

Wiseman-Giroux-Jamtin

And Hudler has a significantly higher PPG and Kopecky is scoring fine and is bigger than the two big boys being brought in. Not to mention it's just piss poor resource manangement to pawn off three 2nd rounders for a 7th and an 8th. Giroux and Wiseman have next to no upside. Hudler and Kopecky do. Then there's that 2nd round pick.

peace

Hudler has also shown he is worthless in the NHL. I love the guys on here who think Hudler is the second coming of Christ. Yes, it's exciting that a midget out of the Czech Republic has put up some nice numbers in significanly less physical league. Ignorant fans look at statistics. Have you seen him play in Grand Rapids? If we're looking at stats, why dont we call up good old Eric Manlow and put him on the first line. Hudler is not something this team needs, get it through your head. Kopecky is good, but he does'nt make use of his size enough. He has aslo proven to be inconsistent.... What kind of logic is basing players on when they were drafted? nevermind your probably right, the Leafs wouldnt trade Antropov and Aki Berg for Dats and Z because that would entail trading two 1st round picks for a 6th and 7th. How stupid of me. yowza.gif

You call a guy who is a) 5'8,cool.gif defensive liability, c)a poor attitude d)pointless in his 4 NHL games this year, e)a Hobbit look a like, one with upside??? lol... I know you love this guy’s hair, but come on. It’s okay sometimes to go with a non-undersized European player.

Hudler has also shown he is worthless in the NHL. I love the guys on here who think Hudler is the second coming of Christ. Yes, it's exciting that a midget out of the Czech Republic has put up some nice numbers in significanly less physical league. Ignorant fans look at statistics. Have you seen him play in Grand Rapids? If we're looking at stats, why dont we call up good old Eric Manlow and put him on the first line. Hudler is not something this team needs, get it through your head. Kopecky is good, but he does'nt make use of his size enough. He has aslo proven to be inconsistent.... What kind of logic is basing players on when they were drafted? nevermind your probably right, the Leafs wouldnt trade Antropov and Aki Berg for Dats and Z because that would entail trading two 1st round picks for a 6th and 7th. How stupid of me. yowza.gif

I've seen him play and he has more talent and better vision than most guys on the Wings. All he needs is an honest chance to adjust to the increased speed of the NHL. The glory boy Filppula (who I like) had himself a nice two shift game after such high praise after the Florida game. Odd that.

I can guarantee you that there are Rangers fans just waiting for the chance to unload Giroux and Wiseman.

Dats and Z have proven themselves as NHLers. The Wolf Pack pack not so much. And before you say that Kopecky and Hudler haven't proven themselves to be NHLers either, they at least have proven themselves to be better AHLers (Kopecky is borderline but he's coming around). The additional 2nd rounder is just stupid.

peace

You call a guy who is a) 5'8,cool.gif defensive liability, c)a poor attitude d)pointless in his 4 NHL games this year, e)a Hobbit look a like, one with upside??? lol... I know you love this guy’s hair, but come on. It’s okay sometimes to go with a non-undersized European player.

Yes. He has skill to spare.

peace

I can guarantee you that there are Rangers fans just waiting for the chance to unload Giroux and Wiseman.

I totally respectuflly disagree. Giroux and Wiseman have loads more upside that Hudler on any giving day. If you ask an Pro Scout whose game is better overall they would definetly go with the above. You said 5 years in the AHL? Lets go with that, for the 5 years that the players have been there they've been productive, they've been dominate and they have contiuned to improve there game and show promise.

Kopocky? Ha.

Hudler. Only after Babs called him out. Please.

I rather have someone whose commited towards the team, than someone who gives their all when they feel like it suits them.

Edited by Seth

I totally respectuflly disagree. Giroux and Wiseman have loads more upside that Hudler on any giving day. If you ask an Pro Scout whose game is better overall they would definetly go with the above. You said 5 years in the AHL? Lets go with that, for the 5 years that the players have been there they've been productive, they've been dominate and they have contiuned to improve there game and show promise.

Kopocky? Ha.

Hudler. Only after Babs called him out. Please.

I rather have someone whose commited towards the team, than someone who gives their all when they feel like it suits them.

Hudler has the upside of an NHL all-star. Giroux and Wiseman... not so much so I respectfully disagree. wink.gif Will he reach that potential? I don't know, but I'm more than happy to wait and find out. Had Datsyuk come to North America at 19 and been placed in the AHL you'd have run him out of town by 2000. With as much skill as Hudler has you have to be patient.

The Wings are using the same approach with Kopecky.

Hudler was an AHL all-star at 19 before Babcock ever came around, no? I could be mistaken but I'm fairly certain he was.

They're European. Of course they're selfish and not committed to the team.

peace

And how the hell were you able to somehow think to fit that Hudler and hockey go with Christ and religion? You may not want to say those things dude, because you never know who you'll offend. Your analogy is stupid in my opionion anyways, but I see your point.