Rate this topic

ok before yelling at me, this is a hypothetical trade. answer these questions

1) would vancouver accept it?

2) would the wings offer it?

3) who would benefit more and why?

red wings trade: brendan shannahan, chris osgood, and hudler

for

vancouver: todd bertuzzi

canucks need a solid tender, maybe osgood just needs a change of scenery to get er goin again. i know what people will say, but why trade shanny now? he's doing amazing! look at then numbers folks 18g 16a 37p 36 years old.

bertuzzi 9g 18a 27p 31 years old. shanny isn't going to get any better than this, next season he will stop putting up good numbers. bertuzzi has al ot more time left, plust is a great power forward. both arent afraid to drop the gloves.

what do you guys think?

I heard a rumor... and granted, it was just a rumor... that Vancouver wanted to trade Cloutier, Bertuzzi, and a pick to Florida for Luongo.

I can't see Bertuzzi being worth Shanahan, Osgood, and Hudler if he'd be part of a package for Luongo...

Yeah right, throw Shanny away when he has found his scoring touch again, get rid of young and promising prospect and throw in most-of-the-season-hated Osgood, who is on fire right now compared to earlier results and who has playoff experience giving nice backup for Legace for only 900K. No bloody way, Bertuzzi is good but not that good. Pull out Jovo and Morrison and Näslund with whom Bert is used to and he is in trouble right away. After all the next time he could go to jail for manslaugher, if his nerves fail again. We don't need once again 32+ aging forwards. And I hate the way Detroit is parting with it's prospects. It has to stop someday, so I say no way. Bertuzzi is too risky, but if it would be let's say Lang and Mowers for Bertuzzi, then it would be much better. Only I don't know what is the free cap space in Vancouver and how big is Bertuzzi's contract.

Even though they are not in the Central Division, would this not still have repurcussions come playoff time? I don't think the Canucks would want Bertuzzi lighting them up come playoff time donning the Winged Wheel.