• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

howard

Rate this topic

We should just start a thread with each player to discuss trading 'cause its a business, every players is inline for the trading block parade...its just a matter of time.

I'd do it. I don't like Howard right now. Sure, he's young and needs time to develop, but he's not a suitable back-up for Ozzie while Legace is injured, not at all. I mean, this guy is letting in shots from litterally 4 feet away. Come on. Being a goalie myself, I know that you HAVE to make that save. It's just unacceptable.

Yes, but like you said, he needs time to develope, and this IS his first year in the league. It's not as easy as you think going from college to the NHL. And yes, he shouldn't let in short shot goals, but it happens all of the time, so get used to it. You need to give Howard more of a chance. No goalie is God like. And also, you can't tell me that people have scored short 4 ft. goals on you quite a few times.

I'd do it. I don't like Howard right now. Sure, he's young and needs time to develop, but he's not a suitable back-up for Ozzie while Legace is injured, not at all. I mean, this guy is letting in shots from litterally 4 feet away. Come on. Being a goalie myself, I know that you HAVE to make that save. It's just unacceptable.

So send him to the AHL to develop and bring up a guy that isn't in our plans to be the backup until Manny heals himself.

peace

So send him to the AHL to develop and bring up a guy that isn't in our plans to be the backup until Manny heals himself.

peace

A name would be nice? rolleyes.gif

MacDonald, MacIntyre, Jim-bob floating around the AHL that doesn't have an NHL contract, whoever.

peace

But they are yet to do that. Why would they call up Howard if they didn't think he was better than MacIntyre or MacDonald?

Even worse idea.

Yeah, but unlike Howard, there is very little chance that one of either MacIntyre or MacDonald will be a starting goalie one day. I think most people project MacDonald as being a back-up due to his steady, yet unspectacular play, so I don't think we should be as concerned about their development as we should about Jimmy's.

But they are yet to do that. Why would they call up Howard if they didn't think he was better than MacIntyre or MacDonald?

Even worse idea.

Of course they believe Howard is better. That's why he should be in the AHL. It does Jimmy and the Wings no good to be lit up in the NHL when he's not good enough yet. Goalies take a looong time to develop and right now Jimmy is in over his head.

peace

He may be over his head, but he has no choice. Until Legace gets better, he has no choice but to stay up here. Anyways, he does get to see some NHL action early in his carrer. The only way he goes back to Grand Rapids is when Legace comes back.

Maybe we should trade Howard for some draft picks and call you up.

I don't think trading any goaltender right now is worth anything. Not even a marginal defenseman or a draft pick of any kind. We've all been talking about it, and know that the defense could use some help. But the goaltending is in that realm of the circle as well. Howard could use some more experience, but again, it would be so much better if it was in Grand Rapids than up here in Detroit for now. But that won't happen till Legace gets back into the line-up. But in reality, there is no reason for the Wings to trade any goaltender that we have, and it won't happen in the near future.

Maybe we should trade Howard for some draft picks and call you up.

There's an idea.

FatCat: Well of course our goaltending is doing great, that's why we have been losing as of late. We DO need starting goalie, that's a fact. Heck, a goalie coach to teach Legace how to use his glove, and a back-up would be nice.

With a new cap, and trading as hard as it is now, what do you expect Holland to do this year before March Red-Wing? Most goaltenders have huge contracts, and it makes it hard for trades. Plus, a few have gone on waivers, but Holland's never even made a try to contact them. Legace will still be under contract next season, but Osgood won't. I think the wings will have to ride the season out with Legace and Osgood, and we can go fetch for somebody next off-season.

Legace could use his glove if he's not using it, but hopefully that'll come with time. Hopefully. I really don't care that he doesn't use it. I care more about our goaltenders stopping shots.

howard for ryan miller? both young both god like. i just like miller more, and so did the sabres until he got hurt. thoughts?

O'boy did I LMAO when I saw this. Like NN said give the boy time. Put him in the AHL for the rest of the season as there Starting goalie. He could very well develop into the next Patrick Roy YES I SAID IT. cool.gif This kid is freaking awesome he did well up in the NHL but I rather see him starting in the AHL and develop faster and better. Patrick Roy in the making. cool.gif

We DO need starting goalie, that's a fact. Heck, a goalie coach to teach Legace how to use his glove, and a back-up would be nice.

I have always been nice on this site, but this is one of the stupidest comments I have heard. Do you even know Legace's strengths? You should go read a bit of what actual goalie experts were saying about him in the 03-04 season when he was starting for the Wings. "One of the fastest gloves in the NHL". I would look it up and cite it for you, but making you take the time is a favor since you would have to stop posting idiotic critiques and therefore save some face.

-Sam

I have always been nice on this site, but this is one of the stupidest comments I have heard. Do you even know Legace's strengths? You should go read a bit of what actual goalie experts were saying about him in the 03-04 season when he was starting for the Wings. "One of the fastest gloves in the NHL". I would look it up and cite it for you, but making you take the time is a favor since you would have to stop posting idiotic critiques and therefore save some face.

-Sam

They may say that, but when you actually watch a game, like I do, you can see that his glove hand isn't that great. How can you call yourself a hockey fan if you base all your opinions on what other people have said?

FatCat: I seem to recall the 'Nucks or the Caps putting a goalie on waivers that could have performed better than Ozzie, and I felt like calling up Holland and letting him know. I still don't see why Kenny demands on waiting on Osgood. He's old, and past his prime.

I would look it up and cite it for you, but making you take the time is a favor since you would have to stop posting idiotic critiques and therefore save some face.

This part really spoke to me. Thanks for pointing out my wrongs, and let me never make the Almighty Sam angry again.

End of sarcasm.

Dude, it's a forum, does it look to you like I care what you think?

Guest shanny14

oppinions are oppinions and every one has one.. all i can say is IT must be that certain parties that are involved must have indicated weak points. I guess they cant talk for themselves and need a clone to continue to stick up for them!

Edited by shanny14

Hey,

I would just like to apologize. It was stupid of me to think that Darren Pang might have better insight to a goalie's strengths and weaknesses than red_wing.

My fault. Please continue to bash our players. I thought you didn't know what you're talking about, but now that I realize that you are a retired NHL goalie, I am embarrassed.

When Barnes addresses a weakness, it is usually legit, so I have no problem with it.

Red-Wing and Idaho Winger: Both of you cut it out now. We don't need this on the forum. This is exactly why this forum is so god damn hard to post anything, because people B!^$h back and forth with each other. Red-Wing, you're fine, and ignore what people say. Idaho Winger, leave him alone. If you don't like what he says, write it down on paper, and post it on a wall in your room or something. Everybody in this forum has an opinion, and has every right to say it. This was meant to be a friendly forum, but sadly enough, it's not totally that way. If people on this cite don't agree, then keep it to yourselve's. Comment's of 2 year olds are not needed on this forum. Cut it out NOW. I'm sick of reading people bicker back and forth. Everybody, including me, needs to take a deep breath, and let people say what they want to say.

I'm sorry that I've singled you two out, and Red-Wing so soon, but just so everyone knows, I'm at fault too. I've done some arguing too on this forum. I'm just sick and tried or reading this everyday I long on. You two are fine Red-Wing and Idaho Winger, and I'm sorry for singleing you two out, but it's so everyone knows that it needs to stop NOW.