• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Idaho Winger @ December 19, 2005 - 04:54PM)
I have always been nice on this site, but this is one of the stupidest comments I have heard. Do you even know Legace's strengths? You should go read a bit of what actual goalie experts were saying about him in the 03-04 season when he was starting for the Wings. "One of the fastest gloves in the NHL". I would look it up and cite it for you, but making you take the time is a favor since you would have to stop posting idiotic critiques and therefore save some face.

-Sam

They may say that, but when you actually watch a game, like I do, you can see that his glove hand isn't that great. How can you call yourself a hockey fan if you base all your opinions on what other people have said?

FatCat: I seem to recall the 'Nucks or the Caps putting a goalie on waivers that could have performed better than Ozzie, and I felt like calling up Holland and letting him know. I still don't see why Kenny demands on waiting on Osgood. He's old, and past his prime.

I would look it up and cite it for you, but making you take the time is a favor since you would have to stop posting idiotic critiques and therefore save some face.

This part really spoke to me. Thanks for pointing out my wrongs, and let me never make the Almighty Sam angry again.
End of sarcasm.

Dude, it's a forum, does it look to you like I care what you think?

#22 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:07 PM

oppinions are oppinions and every one has one.. all i can say is IT must be that certain parties that are involved must have indicated weak points. I guess they cant talk for themselves and need a clone to continue to stick up for them!

Edited by shanny14, 19 December 2005 - 06:09 PM.

#23 Idaho Winger

Idaho Winger

Sam

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:46 PM

Hey,
I would just like to apologize. It was stupid of me to think that Darren Pang might have better insight to a goalie's strengths and weaknesses than red_wing.

My fault. Please continue to bash our players. I thought you didn't know what you're talking about, but now that I realize that you are a retired NHL goalie, I am embarrassed.

When Barnes addresses a weakness, it is usually legit, so I have no problem with it.

#24 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:13 AM

Red-Wing and Idaho Winger: Both of you cut it out now. We don't need this on the forum. This is exactly why this forum is so god damn hard to post anything, because people B!^$h back and forth with each other. Red-Wing, you're fine, and ignore what people say. Idaho Winger, leave him alone. If you don't like what he says, write it down on paper, and post it on a wall in your room or something. Everybody in this forum has an opinion, and has every right to say it. This was meant to be a friendly forum, but sadly enough, it's not totally that way. If people on this cite don't agree, then keep it to yourselve's. Comment's of 2 year olds are not needed on this forum. Cut it out NOW. I'm sick of reading people bicker back and forth. Everybody, including me, needs to take a deep breath, and let people say what they want to say.

#25 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:15 AM

I'm sorry that I've singled you two out, and Red-Wing so soon, but just so everyone knows, I'm at fault too. I've done some arguing too on this forum. I'm just sick and tried or reading this everyday I long on. You two are fine Red-Wing and Idaho Winger, and I'm sorry for singleing you two out, but it's so everyone knows that it needs to stop NOW.

#26 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:07 PM

Ok, I still don't think I'm at fault for anything here, but I appologize if I am.

FatCat: You seriously are one of the coolest people here so far, I respect you, and now I shall stop smile.gif

#27 TNBT

TNBT

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:50 AM

Well, you know how the old saying goes...

user posted image

Seriously though, it would be nice to get some discussion and some different points of view on issues around here without the personal insults and sarcastic name-calling all the time. Anywho, I guess we should take it as a sign that we all care a great deal about the team, otherwise we wouldn't give a crap if people bashed our players and things like that.

As for the proposed trade, I'd say no thanks. As far as I'm concerned, Howard has as much talent as any goalie prospect in the NHL, and there is no reason to trade him. The kid just shouldn't be in the NHL at the moment, it's as simple as that. He's not ready yet, and he should be starting in Grand Rapids and getting a season or two of AHL hockey under his belt before we throw him in the deep end and tell him to swim.

The way I look at it is like this: Howard is by far THE best goalie prospect we have, and as such his development is far more important than the development of any other goalie in the system. With that in mind, we should be doing what is best for him first, and then worrying about our other goalies. Sure, it may be better for Joey MacDonald or Drew MacIntrye to be starting in Grand Rapids instead of riding the pine in Detroit, but it's better for Howard to be getting starters minutes in Grand Rapids as well. Howard and his development is far more important to us in the long run that MacDonald is, so Howard ought to be starting in Grand Rapids and MacDonald should be sitting here as our backup. We should do what's best for Howard's career, and then worry about where our other goalies should be later. As far as I'm concerned, Howard should be in Grand Rapids, and any one of MacDonald, MacIntyre or Liv should be on the bench for the Wings.

#28 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:17 PM

I don't remember calling anyone names, but I agree with you.

When's Manny back anyways? The Wings seem to be picking up steam now, but we need, I mean, NEED Manny back.

Off topic: I wonder if Legace's nickname is "Legs" ph34r.gif