• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hey guys. I've been to the site a few times, but never on the Forums, so I'm glad to be here. Hopefully I can stay.

I am a huge Wings fan, and I love hockey in general. I have some sweet hockey knowledge to add to the fact that I'm totally hot cool.gif. Just kidding, but I do know alot about hockey, and the modern Wings.

Just thought I'd introduce myself!
-red_wing

#2 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:11 PM

Welcome to the board! manny legace is cool!

Attached Files

#3 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

double posty!

Edited by shanny14, 17 December 2005 - 08:20 PM.

#4 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (shanny14 @ December 17, 2005 - 09:11PM)
Welcome to the board! manny legace is cool!

Agreed. And so is Shanny, he's Irish, like me ohmy.gif .

#5 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:43 PM

ya i love shanny... have a little irish myself.biggrin.gif i have yet to meet him.. ya know im going to send you something in a PM its a secret as far as i know.. but between you and me!

#6 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

Sounds good.

I am yet to meet ANY Wings. I live in Canada, so I never get to go anywhere. I've been to 1 Wings game only, the Wings-Flames game 5 of the West Semis last year. It was such an awsome game. Me and 1 other Wings fan in the building (Wearing a Zetts Jersey). Good times cool.gif

#7 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 18, 2005 - 02:45AM)
Sounds good.

I am yet to meet ANY Wings. I live in Canada, so I never get to go anywhere. I've been to 1 Wings game only, the Wings-Flames game 5 of the West Semis last year. It was such an awsome game. Me and 1 other Wings fan in the building (Wearing a Zetts Jersey). Good times cool.gif

Met Holmstrom ( hes awesome), Zetterberge, and of course the Mule! ( Johan Franzen!) that was on november the 20th.. really cool guy! thumbup.gif and i am working on the 12th and 13th autograph! which will be a surprise to me as to who they are... biggrin.gif

Alot of the players are nice.. the only snot i know of is lidstrom. the guy wouldnt give me an autograph!

#8 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (shanny14 @ December 17, 2005 - 09:48PM)
QUOTE (red_wing @ December 18, 2005 - 02:45AM)
Sounds good.

I am yet to meet ANY Wings. I live in Canada, so I never get to go anywhere. I've been to 1 Wings game only, the Wings-Flames game 5 of the West Semis last year. It was such an awsome game. Me and 1 other Wings fan in the building (Wearing a Zetts Jersey). Good times  cool.gif

Met Holmstrom ( hes awesome), Zetterberge, and of course the Mule! ( Johan Franzen!) that was on november the 20th.. really cool guy! thumbup.gif and i am working on the 12th and 13th autograph! which will be a surprise to me as to who they are... biggrin.gif

Alot of the players are nice.. the only snot i know of is lidstrom. the guy wouldnt give me an autograph!

Nov. 20th is my birthday ohmy.gif

Wow, your freakin' lucky tongue.gif

#9 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

LOL im even luckier if you consider the ones people have gotten for me.. i these are the ones i have not met but have autographs to.

Chelios, Shanahan, Hull, Vernon, Bob Rouse('98), scotty bowman, gretzky. im working on getting more..

*edit* : almost forgot the Gadsby and Howe autograph my dad got for me on december the first. my brother saw the two signing and told my dad he had to buy me an autograph! i love that kid... biggrin.gif

Edited by shanny14, 17 December 2005 - 08:58 PM.

#10 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:30 PM

Damn you kids from Michigan tongue.gif

#11 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:31 PM

IM not a kid.. Im 20! LOL.. almost wish iwere a kid still. i could get autographs free!

#12 brit_1102

brit_1102

Franchise...?

• Bronze Booster
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 17, 2005 - 08:59PM)
Hey guys. I've been to the site a few times, but never on the Forums, so I'm glad to be here. Hopefully I can stay.

I am a huge Wings fan, and I love hockey in general. I have some sweet hockey knowledge to add to the fact that I'm totally hot cool.gif. Just kidding, but I do know alot about hockey, and the modern Wings.

Just thought I'd introduce myself!
-red_wing

Welcome to the boards! Your sig caught my eye, I'm a big Manny fan too!

Saw your pic in the member photos thread...you're a cutie! biggrin.gif

Have fun on here...don't take anyone too seriously! thumbup.gif
IPB Image
Thanks Jen!

#13 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (brit_1102 @ December 18, 2005 - 12:12AM)

Welcome to the boards! Your sig caught my eye, I'm a big Manny fan too!

Saw your pic in the member photos thread...you're a cutie! biggrin.gif

Have fun on here...don't take anyone too seriously! thumbup.gif

I think I have my first favorite member blush.gif

tongue.gif Yeah, I've had lots of experience on message boards, and you have to realize that most people are kidding.

Shanny14: Woops, sorry, my bad. tongue.gif

#14 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:55 AM

LOL, ok now my feelings are hurt! *skips a stone*, i see how i rate! Thanks for the kind word tongue.gif ohmy.gif *laughs*

fine be that way! laugh.gif

I can tell u that i consider manny top goaltender though thumbup.gif i have always liked him best!

Hence the trade osgood thread in trades part of this board. i got into a fight with an osgood loyalist... um but we talked things out lol. we have fought for a long time about ozzie. but she knows that there is no harm in it... and its all in just the spirit of the matter. just oppinions !

*Side NOTE:just curious but do you know anything about old time hockey? from what you first posted it doesnt sound like it.. I dunno i like researching wings history.. I love reading about the days of terrible Ted, The HUM line and Gordie Howe, Sid Abel and Alex Delvecchio!*

PS: Manny is my next autograph signing.. im looking for one.... so you better be nice to me laugh.gif !
*thinks im prolly someones favorite!*

*also thinks what a BRAT* *laughs to self*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My new site(other than the wings) : Mandolin's World

Attached Files

Edited by shanny14, 19 December 2005 - 01:19 PM.

#15 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:12 PM

Hey Red Wing, welcome to the clan! biggrin.gif

I have been fortunate to meet some of the guys at camp this year...Jamie Rivers, Robert Lang, Brett Lebda, Jiri Hudler, Jason Williams, Kris Draper, Manny Legace (what a sweetie!), and Tomas Holmstrom (also an absolute sweetie),as well as some of the younger guys who were there...

The object of my affections is definitely Pavel Datsyuk...ask anyone here and they will tell you so. I'm hoping that come January 5th I can finally see him play, and if I'm lucky I will get some photos. Barring that, come May in Fenton and most definitely next September at camp...he isn't getting away from my camera that easily!

18 days and counting! WOO HOOO! yowza.gif

Edited by Kira, 19 December 2005 - 02:14 PM.

Posted Image

#16 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:28 PM

Kira is the pavel nut! lol.. ill cya in fenton!look for me! cause im going 2 that one! ! i dont think there will be a huge crowd! the Franzen one was short.. that was on nov 20th!

so hopefully it wont be too long for pavel. i think im going to get there early! laugh.gif

Attached Files

Edited by shanny14, 19 December 2005 - 02:31 PM.

#17 red_wing

red_wing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the hospitality guys. I'm sure I'll love it here.

Shanny14: I know some old-time hockey. Mostly stuff from the Early 90's and on. I mean, sure I knew about Gordie Howe and all the greats, but modern hockey appeals more to me.

Kira: Is your name pronounced Kee-ra? My sister's name is Keira, pretty crazy. Yeah, Datsyuk is such an amazing player. My favorite hockey picture is still the picture down below. Wow, I wish I could meet ANY Red Wing. When I went to the playoff game, I saw Ray Whitney (My favorite player) with a beard. Let me tell you all first hand, he looks better without the playoff beard scared.gif .

Attached Files

#18 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:48 PM

i mean the old stuff. like the HUM Line the years of coach Jack Adams.

I dunno all eras are enlightening!

#19 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (red_wing @ December 19, 2005 - 05:41PM)
Thanks for the hospitality guys. I'm sure I'll love it here.

Shanny14: I know some old-time hockey. Mostly stuff from the Early 90's and on. I mean, sure I knew about Gordie Howe and all the greats, but modern hockey appeals more to me.

Kira: Is your name pronounced Kee-ra? My sister's name is Keira, pretty crazy. Yeah, Datsyuk is such an amazing player. My favorite hockey picture is still the picture down below. Wow, I wish I could meet ANY Red Wing. When I went to the playoff game, I saw Ray Whitney (My favorite player) with a beard. Let me tell you all first hand, he looks better without the playoff beard scared.gif .

Truth to tell, Kira is actually my dog's name...she was named for the character on Star Trek (blame my hubby - he's the sci-fi buff).

Shanny, I will try like hell to be there - I want to see him...I don't care when and I don't care how he looks...it matters not to me. I just want to see him. And I think the lines will be longer than you think. But it will be worth it no matter what. And I will definitely have a Pasha jersey on - it's just a question of which one...a Wings jersey or one of the Moscow Dynamo ones I have.
Posted Image

#20 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:16 AM

Nice to meet you red_wing! smile.gif I'm this forum's other resident Manny freak (ask the girls lol). Nice to see another one. biggrin.gif

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users