• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EstonianWingsFan#1

Kolasau starting to move the mountains

Rate this topic

Interesting information who hasn't heard yet:

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/stor...pectsWatch.html

I love those aggressive slav defencemen who can also score, especially when they play for us in the future. Belarus is getting better year by year, which means international competitions get more even in strength. Youngsters like Kostitsyn brothers and Kolasau are just a few samples. Just like Switzerland has improved alot during last 5 years and so on..

Hopefully he's still got bulking up to do. Got lots of time to do it. 187 pounds is a little skinny for a 6'4" hockey player. Wouldn't want to impede his skating too much, but he ought to be north of 200. Otherwise his ability to plaster other 17-year-olds isn't going to translate over to the bigs.

U know, considering what I have heard, even though he could use some more bulk, he still looks very strong on ice. I haven't seen him myself, but I have read some articles that say he looks tougher on ice than considering just his weight and height. I don't know but if things go well, this one's maybe going to be our Chara, maybe a little less point production but ...

U know, considering what I have heard, even though he could use some more bulk, he still looks very strong on ice. I haven't seen him myself, but I have read some articles that say he looks tougher on ice than considering just his weight and height. I don't know but if things go well, this one's maybe going to be our Chara, maybe a little less point production but ...

He's still up against teenagers. Easy to look tough at 6'4" against 17-year-olds. The hitting helps, though. But...get a 6'4", 187 lb. guy on the NHL ice and he'll be awfully skinny-looking. He's still young though. Got lots of time to fill out his frame.

How do you pronounce his name?

Kolasau, but exactly as written. It's hard to say, I live next to Russia and close to Belarus, I know how they pronounce but I guess say as you like. Many names are different in NHL, lets say Fedorov is actually Fjodorov, Gonchar is Gontšar, with long R like Gontšarrrr (you don't have that special š letter in english) and so on, it's hard to even explain, it would be easier in words than in letters.

Anyway yeah he is young, yes it's easier to push youngsters around when you're 6'4 but maybe in the future other youngsters are 6'1 and he is 6'7. People can grow up to age of 22. So who knows. And bulk is more up to him so let's see. What makes me happy is that he is ready to throw his body around, many players lack that wish even if the have the size.

Is there any chance Kolasu goes to a college in the U.S. next year? I read somewhere that he still has amateur status.

Also, Johan Ryno is going to MSU-Mankato next year, if foreign players come over here to go to college does the two year rule not apply?

Kolasau, but exactly as written. It's hard to say, I live next to Russia and close to Belarus, I know how they pronounce but I guess say as you like. Many names are different in NHL, lets say Fedorov is actually Fjodorov, Gonchar is Gontšar, with long R like Gontšarrrr (you don't have that special š letter in english) and so on, it's hard to even explain, it would be easier in words than in letters.

Anyway yeah he is young, yes it's easier to push youngsters around when you're 6'4 but maybe in the future other youngsters are 6'1 and he is 6'7. People can grow up to age of 22. So who knows. And bulk is more up to him so let's see. What makes me happy is that he is ready to throw his body around, many players lack that wish even if the have the size.

KOL-a-sow, then? What about his first name? That's the tricky one. I've heard some people say it's just Sergei like Sergei Fedorov, is that right?

KOL-a-sow, then? What about his first name? That's the tricky one. I've heard some people say it's just Sergei like Sergei Fedorov, is that right?

A lot of Belarussians adopt the Russian spelling when they come over to NA. I believe with the Roughriders he's going as Sergei Kolosov as opposed to Siarhei Kolasau.

peace

If he doesn't get signed I might start having doubts about this organization.

He'll get signed. It was the Wings that arranged his placement with Cedar Rapids of the USHL. There was some other sort of hangup the year before with him getting stuck in Belarus when he wanted to be playing in Russia or something like that, so they made sure he got a spot in a North American league. I'm not sure if they tried one of the Canadian Junior leagues, but something tells me they did but it didn't work out? I'll have to look into it.

peace

Before this season, I was starting to get concerned that we would never bring Kolasau over to America and that he may not develop to his full potential.

His ability to lay big hits and use his size has never been in question, it has always just been a matter of getting him here and letting him develop and fill out his big frame, so hopefully that will continue to happen as he gets older. I'm really liking the look of that video, and if can get bigger and play like that on a consistent basis, then he and Kindl may make a hell of a good defensive pairing for the next decade or more.