No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ufcredwingfan

"DEVS' GOMEZ MAY WIND UP ON THE BLOCK"

Rate this topic

http://www.nypost.com/sports/devils/59069.htm

What do you guys think?

He makes 2.2 This year

I for one wouldn't want him even though he could come cheap. We need a D-man not another scoring center.

I wouldn't mind it though if we traded Draps to another team to get him. YES I KNOW FOR THE 100TH TIME NO TRADE CLAUSE IF HE WONT WAVE THE NO TRADE CLAUSE WE CAN WAVE HIM!!!

I rather have Gomez than Draps. Draps has been a huge bust this season. He's great on the PK kill but that's it and I rather have a guy putting up 60 points a year for same Salary.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/devils/59069.htm

What do you guys think?

He makes 2.2 This year

I for one wouldn't want him even though he could come cheap. We need a D-man not another scoring center.

I wouldn't mind it though if we traded Draps to another team to get him. YES I KNOW FOR THE 100TH TIME NO TRADE CLAUSE IF HE WONT WAVE THE NO TRADE CLAUSE WE CAN WAVE HIM!!!

I rather have Gomez than Draps. Draps has been a huge bust this season. He's great on the PK kill but that's it and I rather have a guy putting up 60 points a year for same Salary.

Do you know what you're saying? You're advocating trading a current Red Wings for another NHL player. I'll take Gomez over Draper also, but I doubt Draper would be willing to go to a team that might not make the playoffs.

Draper for Gomez and not some random AHL'er? Wow a trade that actually makes sense, what a concept!

And for the record Barnes, you really misunderstand when people get freaked out about trading current Red Wings players, don't you think its because you undervalue certain Red Wings players and overvalue other players that you think will make a better impact here? It's not about trading Red Wings players its what we get back, and as for Draper for Gomez? Haha, that would never, ever happen.

Edited by Heaton

Draper for Gomez and not some random AHL'er? Wow a trade that actually makes sense, what a concept!

And for the record Barnes, you really misunderstand when people get freaked out about trading current Red Wings players, don't you think its because you undervalue certain Red Wings players and overvalue other players that you think will make a better impact here? It's not about trading Red Wings players its what we get back, and as for Draper for Gomez? Haha, that would never, ever happen.

When did I ever advocate trading Draper for an AHLer? Never! I said that Detroit should see what kind of market there'd be for Draper but I have never offered him out for any random player. A reigning Selke Trophy winner should be able to fetch us alot

It was a general statement, there's been a few strange posts here where people are fishing around the minor league sites, find someone who has a few goals and assists and have a good stature and all of a sudden its like they've located a diamond in the rough.

Draper could get us a lot, but the Devils have zero use for him.

It's hard to pass up a guy like Gomez, but we don't need him. We are wayyy too deep at center, this would just exacerbate the situation. Barnes, I like your vision for our need for more toughness, but this hurts your ethos man. Gomez is the opposite of what we need. Draper serves a role at least, Gomez wouldn't help out where we need it.

-Sam

Guest youssp9

Pass on gomez, for now. Wait till next offseason when he is a UFA. Besides, I wouldnt want to trade anyone right now.

Edited by youssp9

One more thing. Before the season started, Holland made some comment about waiting for the large class of Free Agents coming out in 06. I think that was part of his strategy in cutting the guys he did. So, I would guess that they are going to try to wait on the trade. Also, remember how trashed the Wings got before the season? As currently tops in their division, you could say that they are over-acheiving. Hard for us fans to see it that way, but it's true. So, why trade for Gomez when ownership would be happy to tussle in the playoffs, and then re-load for a run in 06-07. What do you think?

-Sam

You need to read my post again never did I say trade Draper for Gomez. I said trade draper to a dif team IE not Devils. Then make a trade for Gomez. Picks for him cause there going to need the Cap room. Picks is what I would like for Draper or a player like Witt. I really would like to see the Wings shop Draper who knows what we could get for him. I bet there a lots of teams that would love his services.

Does anyone know how the wavers works? Like who gets first dibs on players.

Draper could get us a lot, but the Devils have zero use for him.

That's correct, they already have John Madden. Who is essentially the exact same player as Draper, except he's a little more expensive and has put up slightly better numbers so far this season.

Sure, I'd take Gomez, but does he really provide much more than one of either Zetterberg, Datsyuk, or Lang? Gomez might be a little tougher than those guys, but it'd be stupidity to acquire him unless Lang was being shipped the other way.

Even though he's from back home I'd pass on Gomez via trade. If Holland really said something about waiting for the free agent market of 06. Then Im with him, but I worrying he won't shop smart for what this organization and team needs. The good news is we got a load of vets who will be done. So it at least be a interesting time to be a Red Wings fan. I'm hoping for Chara or McCabe, but I am very doubtful. Least we know he has to do something to fill the holes.

Why does everyone talk about trading Draper? Drapes is a HUGE, and I mean HUGE part of the Wings.

He kills penalties.

Last year he centerd the best defensive line in the NHL.

This year he centers ONE OF the best defensive lines.

He is a HUGE leader in the locker room.

Most likely captain next year.

Give him time guys. I mean, look who he's playing with. That's why he's not putting up great numbers. If the Wings were to move him up to a line with Shanny or Zetts, he would be flying.

Have faith young Wings fans happy.gif

Or is it because people tend to overrate Red Wings players? I'd say that is just as common.

No use for Gomez in Detroit.

if where going to trade draper (and where not) we better get someone who can hit and be as effective on the pk or were in deep trouble.

Agreed. And the only other person I could think of would be Maltby or Draper's twin brother, Kris Draper.