• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:37 AM

Also, Lang will most likely return to the line up! Schneider's out. He's day to day.

http://www.detnews.c.../512200351/1128

Good for Howard to be sent down, and Joey Mac to be brought up. Jimmy needs to play in GR and get some more games in down there.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#2 Kattermole

Kattermole

Missing Ozzie

• Gold Booster
  • 646 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:41 AM

That article makes a bit of mention of the Legace situation:

Steve Yzerman(groin) and Manny Legace(sprained left knee) were on the ice briefly Monday but didn't practice
When Legace returns, the No. 1 job won't be handed to him. As long as Chris Osgood keeps winning, and improving, he'll have the job, just as Legace owned it earlier.
"He'll (Legace) get a start, and if he plays good, he'll continue to play, no different than Ozzie," Babcock said. "Give Ozzie credit, he won a big game for us (at Tampa Bay). Now, it's up to him to keep improving.

Posted Image

#3 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:33 AM

I'm beginning to think that these goalie moves are part of something bigger. I'm thinking they're giving tryouts to GR Goalies to see which ones may be able to take over the backup role so they can trade Legace. Howard, it's clear needs time to develop, but MacDonald was at times dominating last year in the AHL and if not for his back injury would have been competing for a backup spot.

#4 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:42 AM

http://www.letsgowin...pic=32088&st=50

"He sits next to Steve in that locker room for a reason -- because we wanted him to internalize some of those things. Steve was able to will this organization to unbelievable years with the three Stanley Cups, and now it's up to someone else. Z has that kind of will and that work ethic and that passion to be the best. It's going to be his time." -- Coach Mike Babcock

DOPASAPA est. 2006, President