• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TNBT

Ducks/Wings trade

Rate this topic

As a big fan of the EA Sports NHL range, I've taken the first opportunity to get a Red Wings dynasty set up. The first thing I did when I got my team up and running was to look for ways to solve our problems with toughness up front, and I got the Ducks to agree to this deal:

MIGHTY DUCKS TRADE:

Ilya Bryzgalov

Todd Fedoruk

RED WINGS TRADE:

Chris Osgood

Marc Lamothe

So my question to you is would you do that trade if you were the Red Wings? I obviously did, as it was a great chance to add some toughness to the 3rd or 4th line, and seeing as how the good people at EA Sports decided that neither Jimmy Howard, Drew MacIntyre nor Joey MacDonald deserved to be in the game, I needed to nab myself a young goalie to take over in the future. I gave up Osgood and Lamothe (who was the only goalie on the roster after Legace and Osgood), but Legace and Bryzgalov should be able to hold down the fort for the season, and I may add another cheap goalie in the off-season, either through a trade, signing or the draft.

rolleyes.gif

riiiight, because the Ducks would absolutely do that.

The trade is'nt as lopsided as you think. Chistov isn’t in a Ducks uniform for a reason. It would be a gamble both ways, and I realize it wouldn’t happen, but I would appreciate it if you didn’t use your witty sarcasm to make it seem as though I have no idea what I’m talking about. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif your going to have problems with your vision one day. All you do is roll your eyes at everyone elses comments.

As a big fan of the EA Sports NHL range, I've taken the first opportunity to get a Red Wings dynasty set up. The first thing I did when I got my team up and running was to look for ways to solve our problems with toughness up front, and I got the Ducks to agree to this deal:

MIGHTY DUCKS TRADE:

Ilya Bryzgalov

Todd Fedoruk

RED WINGS TRADE:

Chris Osgood

Marc Lamothe

So my question to you is would you do that trade if you were the Red Wings? I obviously did, as it was a great chance to add some toughness to the 3rd or 4th line, and seeing as how the good people at EA Sports decided that neither Jimmy Howard, Drew MacIntyre nor Joey MacDonald deserved to be in the game, I needed to nab myself a young goalie to take over in the future. I gave up Osgood and Lamothe (who was the only goalie on the roster after Legace and Osgood), but Legace and Bryzgalov should be able to hold down the fort for the season, and I may add another cheap goalie in the off-season, either through a trade, signing or the draft.

First off just because the trade works in nhl 2006 doesn't mean that it will work in real life! Its a game and only a game not something to judge if trades will work....

You know, I seem to recall asking WOULD you do that trade if you were the Red Wings?

I'm not suggesting that this trade would work or should even be proposed in real life (which it couldn't be because we don't have Lamothe anymore), nor did I suggest that because it worked on NHL 2006 then it would work in real life.

I was just asking, that IF you were the GM of the Wings, and you had the opportunity to do this trade, WOULD you do it?

Guest youssp9

How about this one:

To Mighty Ducks:

Lilja-D

Maclean-LW

3rd Round Pick

To Redwings:

Salei-D

Hedstrom-RW

I'd do that trade if I was the Wings GM. I'm not sure the Ducks would though.

Hedstrom is looking like becoming a solid checking-line player for them, whereas MacLean is a borderline 4th liner. Lilja is, well, Lilja, and Salei is worth a lot more. We may have to bump the pick up to a 2nd rounder or something.

Guest youssp9
I'd do that trade if I was the Wings GM. I'm not sure the Ducks would though.

Hedstrom is looking like becoming a solid checking-line player for them, whereas MacLean is a borderline 4th liner. Lilja is, well, Lilja, and Salei is worth a lot more. We may have to bump the pick up to a 2nd rounder or something.

I think I might do my trade in my dynasty in NHL 06.

youssp9 : Stop being an ass. You are the best clear example of why this cite is so god damn hard to post anything. You come up with an idea, TNBT comments, and you f---king bash him. Why? I don't give a crap if I get kicked off this cite or suspended for a little time. I'm sick and tired for coming home from work, and reading comments that jerks like you make. Now go ahead, bash me. I don't care. All it shows is how ignorant you are, and don't reply to me that you were GOOFING around with TNBT. If you don't like what he says, or you just had a bad day, keep it to yourself.

And one other thing, don't reply by saying "okay mother," because than I will start parenting you.

Look dude, I'm very sorry for what I said, and it was totally not called for at all. I really pissed me off that you would do that, when you put post something, and someone comments, and then you bash them. Now I'm no different okay. Reall, I'm not. I've done some arguing too on this cite, and I'm not happy about it, because's it's not worth it or right at all. Now don't get to excited, and start sending me hate letters here okay. I went to far in what I said, and I'm truely sorry. I hope that you understand what I'm trying to stop on this whole forum. And again, I'm sorry that I said that so meanly.

Guest youssp9

Look dude, I'm very sorry for what I said, and it was totally not called for at all. I really pissed me off that you would do that, when you put post something, and someone comments, and then you bash them. Now I'm no different okay. Reall, I'm not. I've done some arguing too on this cite, and I'm not happy about it, because's it's not worth it or right at all. Now don't get to excited, and start sending me hate letters here okay. I went to far in what I said, and I'm truely sorry. I hope that you understand what I'm trying to stop on this whole forum. And again, I'm sorry that I said that so meanly.

When did I bash him? huh.gif Where? All I said was: how about this Trade, and then I said I am going to do that trade in my dynasty for nhl 06. Where is the bashing in that? I didnt say anything bad. I just said that I liked my trade idea. When I post a trade Idea I like for other people to say wheather they think it is good or bad. So he said that he would do it but he wasnt sure if the ducks would do it, and then he gave reasons. There was nothing wrong with that. I repsonded by saying ok I think I am going to do that trade in my dynasty in nhl 06. Where was the bashing in that comment. Please tell me fatcat6. You might have misunderstood me. I didnt even mean(if i did) to bash him in no way.

Edited by youssp9

There's no reason or explanation for what I said, and the part you highlighted, was not correct either. And in all fairness, you're right, you didn't do any of that. And again, I'm very sorry. I did misread your statement, and that's totally my fault, and it was wrong of me to post what I did.

Now, if you accept my apoligies, cool, and if not, understandable.

One more comment though. Whenever you have time (and I don't know if you've done this), go out and rent ESPN 2K6 for hockey, because I played it, and I feel that it's a totally much better game than NHL 2006, in my opinion. It just seems more realistic, and that's what I like in sports games. Just a thought that you may like to try if you haven't.

Guest youssp9
There's no reason or explanation for what I said, and the part you highlighted, was not correct either. And in all fairness, you're right, you didn't do any of that. And again, I'm very sorry. I did misread your statement, and that's totally my fault, and it was wrong of me to post what I did.

Now, if you accept my apoligies, cool, and if not, understandable.

One more comment though. Whenever you have time (and I don't know if you've done this), go out and rent ESPN 2K6 for hockey, because I played it, and I feel that it's a totally much better game than NHL 2006, in my opinion. It just seems more realistic, and that's what I like in sports games. Just a thought that you may like to try if you haven't.

I accept your apology and thank you for an explanation. I have never played with NHL 2k6 , and thanks for the tip. Even though I love NHL 06 and it is sweet but I have never played NHL 2k6 so I guess I cant compare them. I will probably go and rent NHL 2k6.

Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Happy New Year.

MIGHTY DUCKS TRADE:

Ilya Bryzgalov

Todd Fedoruk

RED WINGS TRADE:

Chris Osgood

Marc Lamothe

In a heartbeat in real likfe and a video game

I can see that working in a game, but in real life, that's not possible.

Lamothe isn't with the Wings anymore, and from what I can recall right now, he's not with any team, but I could be wrong on that.

That trade in the game would be good, and I'd do it too. Though, I wouldn't of thought it up on my own. The computer would have to offer that to me.