• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WindsorPlaya

Jovo,Chara or Redden?

Rate this topic

I have a really strong belief that either Chara, Jovo or Redden will be in a Wings uniform next year. Question is which one...who would you take and who do you think the Wings will make the strongest push for? Is there a possiblilty of landing two of them and what do you think they will fetch on the open market?

IMO, its Chara or Jovo I would love to see. Jovo being a local boy from Windsor, ON (across the river from Detroit for those who are not familiar with the area) I think has the strongest chance of coming home.

Jovo.... yowza.gif He can hit, move the puck and can keep the peace-if you get my drift, just ask Deadmarsh wink.gif . Perfect mix of physical play and finesse. Chara and Redden will stay in Ontario, but don't forget Witt either

If Lidstrom leaves, I so want Redden. The guy is smooth and steady, just like Nick. Personally, I wouldn't mind Jovanovski at all, but the problem is, he is awfully overrated and will likely be able to get up near five or six million, and that's just too much for a player I consider to be a number 2 defenceman. Chara is almost certainly going to get near league maximum.

Most definitely Redden. That guy is finesse on D. Smart with the puck, great passes, great shot, mobile, pretty good skater. He can be physical when he wants to be as well. He's got some size, strength on him. If he'd use it more it be great. But yeah..I'd definitely pick him over Jovo and Chara. Ed, and Zdeno are great too, but I think Wade would fit best into the Wings system.

Guest shanny14

I really love Redden... hes awesome player... as HC3033 said he is a finesse player... and is very awesome puck handler... and as i say size and strength are always a plus on Defense!!!!!

Lucky enough to see all the Senators game.. did you happen to see

the 4th forward out there last night? Redden? Wow, 2G 2A. But I don't

think we need that type of offensive D-man right now.

Imagine Chara and Lidstrom on Line 1 D. Geez.

Chara's offense is coming around lately too. I've always thought his point shots were rockets, and hardly ever miss the net, but lately he's been skating down on the rush VERY well.

Kind of funny seeing that humongous beast skating in on goal.. but he would be the guy whom Hatcher SHOULD have been here.

(not comparing the two.. please don't flame on me)

i'd take chara since the man is a beast--one of the most physically punishing d-men out there. he'd be a greater physical force on the blueline than anyone the wings have had in the last 5 years.

i don't think we'll get any of the three. the cost would be justifiably too steep for chara and redden, and i think jovocop will command prohibitively more than he's worth.