• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

You gonna make biscuits?!

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

I just got one for pre-christmas today and I'm f-ing loving it. Reason I wanted to make this topic is because WiFi on the thing is excellent. MarioKart and Animal Crossing are extremely fun, especially if you're playing with others over the internet.

I was just wondering if anyone on this board had one and those games and we could exchange "friend codes".

#2 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

I got one last Christmas and absolutley loved it, but then in March I saw the Psp and decided to get that and give the DS to my little brother. But yea, he has mario kart and I've played it and its awsome.

#3 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 25, 2005 - 11:47AM)
I got one last Christmas and absolutley loved it, but then in March I saw the Psp and decided to get that and give the DS to my little brother. But yea, he has mario kart and I've played it and its awsome.

You traded the DS for a PSP? Man...

I bought the PSP and I've been quite disappointed. There's such a lack of quality games.

Though it's got some pretty kick ass features.

#4 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:07 PM

I loved my PSP....until I lost it. sad.gif

What a waste of money.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#5 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:41 PM

Got the DS, but I only have one game for it, Super Mario 64. I mainly use it to play all my old GB Advance games.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#6 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (ManiacStan @ December 25, 2005 - 01:56PM)

I bought the PSP and I've been quite disappointed. There's such a lack of quality games.

Well I didnt trade it, its still in the household but in my brothers possision. The Psp to me, was better then the DS becuase its bascially a mini plasma/ipod/dvd/mini computer/video game handheld, and the wide variety of games that the DS just doesnt have. In your Psp collection you should have NBA Live 06, Fifa Soccer, Wipeout Pure, Burnout Legands and ATV offroad fury blazin trails. In your DS collection you should have Mario 64, Mario Kart DS, NFS underground 2, and Animal Crossing and that is about it. The DS only has like 30 games out right now, but the Psp has like 50 out right now, and the Psp came out 5 months later.

Edited by youssp9, 25 December 2005 - 03:52 PM.

#7 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 25, 2005 - 04:50PM)
QUOTE (ManiacStan @ December 25, 2005 - 01:56PM)

Well I didnt trade it, its still in the household but in my brothers possision. The Psp to me, was better then the DS becuase its bascially a mini plasma/ipod/dvd/mini computer/video game handheld, and the wide variety of games that the DS just doesnt have. In your Psp collection you should have NBA Live 06, Fifa Soccer, Wipeout Pure, Burnout Legands and ATV offroad fury blazin trails. In your DS collection you should have Mario 64, Mario Kart DS, NFS underground 2, and Animal Crossing and that is about it. The DS only has like 30 games out right now, but the Psp has like 50 out right now, and the Psp came out 5 months later.

I still disagree with the games.

PSP mostly has sports games and racing games, and I like those games, but you can only handle so much.

But saying that the DS has a wide variety I wouldn't say is true. You have MarioKart, Animal Crossing, Sonic Rush, Super Mario 64, Kirby Canvas Curse, Mario and Luigi 2, everyone's favorite guilty pleasure Nintendogs, WarioWare Touched, Yoshi Touch and Go, and a few more. All quality games in many different styles.

PSP while it's great for sports and racing, the only great games aside that are GTA: Liberty City Stories, Lumines, Twisted Metal, and a whole bunch of ports that are good, but are better played on PS2.

I love my PSP but I get tired of the games pretty quickly, and rarely use it. It's mostly worth it because, yes, it's like a mini plasma TV/MP3 player/movie player/computer in one, and that's what makes it a quality system. As soon as Sony starts pumping out great games for it I'm sure it'll get much better.

And anyway, DS is outselling PSP too.

#8 TheOne

TheOne

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:07 PM

I have one. I have Animal Crossing and Mario Kart DS as well as the Sonic Rush game which is awesome!

#9 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 25, 2005 - 02:07PM)
I loved my PSP....until I lost it. sad.gif

What a waste of money.

Waste of money? I'd say. How do you lose one though?? wink.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users