• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CamNeely08

Datsyuk Offer?

Rate this topic

I have a friend that is a scout for a MAJOR hockey agent, apparently Holland inquired harmlessly about Loungo's status, in reply he got an offer from Keenan for a Loungo & Rostislav Olesz (??) Trade for Datsyuk, Legace & Howard.

I'm not quite sure who the Olesz guy is but I like the trade. Apparently I'm not in charge of the redwings though...

I have a friend that is a scout for a MAJOR hockey agent, apparently Holland inquired harmlessly about Loungo's status, in reply he got an offer from Keenan for a Loungo & Rostislav Olesz (??) Trade for Datsyuk, Legace & Howard.

I'm not quite sure who the Olesz guy is but I like the trade. Apparently I'm not in charge of the redwings though...

hat.gif

Wow, that is one helluva bad idea. (IMO of course)

You just don't get rid of Datsyuk for Luongo period.. I'm in

the same boat and have no clue about Olesz. But you're trading

our #1 netminder, goalie of the future, our "NOW" and "FUTURE" with Pavel..

ick. thumbdown.gif

I'm not quite sure who the Olesz guy is but I like the trade.  Apparently I'm not in charge of the redwings though...

hat.gif

Wow, that is one helluva bad idea. (IMO of course)

You just don't get rid of Datsyuk for Luongo period.. I'm in

the same boat and have no clue about Olesz. But you're trading

our #1 netminder, goalie of the future, our "NOW" and "FUTURE" with Pavel..

ick. thumbdown.gif

Olesz is very talented, but prone to taking games off. He has not yet reached his potential, but he has a TON of potential. I see no reason why Holland would accept that offer. Seems to me that he should focus his attention on acquiring more beef for the blueline, because the elite goalies are much too expensive

I don't know... I think Loungo is the best Goalie in the NHL. However, when I asked where this trade was going I was told that is either still on the table if not already dead... apparently Holland did't like it to much.

I don't know... I think Loungo is the best Goalie in the NHL. However, when I asked where this trade was going I was told that is either still on the table if not already dead... apparently Holland did't like it to much.

I agree Luongo is a gem but he's much too expensive. I'm hoping Holland is asking around about guys like Witt and Souray types.

That sounds odd...

Why would they ask for Legace AND Howard?

Asking for one or the other is reasonable. But Florida already has Jamie McLennan and JM Pelletier. McLennan is a darn good goalie who has never had a real shot at the starting job (sound familiar) and Pelletier is a very good young goalie.

I could see them asking for Howard because he's a great prospect. I could see them asking for Legace because he's had a good year so far.

But if they got both, then Howard would certainly be headed for the AHL, and would have to compete for playing time with Pelletier. Legace would be installed as starter whether Howard was there or not.

It's unlikely it would be just Howard because then Detroit would have three starter-caliber goalies and Florida would traded a top goalie to have a future starter and a potential starter.

Also, Olesz is Florida's top center prospect. As in rated as a future perennial All-Star.

Florida's players have a total 4.184 salary...Datsyuk/Legace combine for 5.026.

One wonders why the Panthers would make that deal--the only justification would be "Luongo is a FA after this year" but so is Legace. Datsyuk would only play a year and a half before beign a free agent. Olesz is several years younger and would have to play seven years in Florida.

Luongo is going to get very pricey very soon.  He turned down a 5 year $25M offer from Keenan during the offseason and then Keenan took Roberto to arbitration to get him under contract.

peace

You think Luongo will get huge bucks?

After some of the busts this year, like Khabibulin, and some $900,000 guys like Joseph playing so well, I'm curious to see what the salaries for goaltenders will be like this year in the "new NHL."

It seemed like in the free agent madness prior to this season, there wasn't a lot of middle ground. They were either bargain basement, or ridiculously overpaid.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

After some of the busts this year, like Khabibulin, and some $900,000 guys like Joseph playing so well, I'm curious to see what the salaries for goaltenders will be like this year in the "new NHL."

It seemed like in the free agent madness prior to this season, there wasn't a lot of middle ground. They were either bargain basement, or ridiculously overpaid.

Yeah. I'm still not sure how or why Khabibulin got as much as he did. Guess it helps being the lone perceived elite tender on the market but I didn't think it would get that crazy (and I laugh considering he's been outplayed by a healthy margin by two sub $1M goalies this year). Luongo is younger and better than Nikolai, and he'll cash in in a year and a half.

peace

It seemed like in the free agent madness prior to this season, there wasn't a lot of middle ground.  They were either bargain basement, or ridiculously overpaid.

Yeah. I'm still not sure how or why Khabibulin got as much as he did. Guess it helps being the lone perceived elite tender on the market but I didn't think it would get that crazy (and I laugh considering he's been outplayed by a healthy margin by two sub $1M goalies this year). Luongo is younger and better than Nikolai, and he'll cash in in a year and a half.

peace

Reigning cup winner might have had something to do with it.

I love the idea of Luongo coming to motown but I dont see the wings dealing for him. If Detriot does happen to get Roberto than it will defintaly be a FA signing next season. My reasoning is simple. Manny Legace is having a tremendous season this year if the wings think he can continue his number then he will be resigned hands down. But if the case happens where Legs doesnt perform down the stretch then you can expect some big cash heading towards Luongo and probably somewhere in and around 4.5 million a season. If that happens where money needs to be found its given right to us. Steve and Chelios are pretty much done for next season unfortunitly and Jiri Fischer's career is in thin air leaving the wings with $4,556,000 which is just enough. Of course that will leave us 3 man short but thats what the draft is for an with this "NEW NHL" we will have to come acustom to making sacrifices at some positions and who knows maybe we the scouts can go out there and do what they did this year by picking up Sammy and Lilja not to mention our rooks Lebda and Johan.

It seemed like in the free agent madness prior to this season, there wasn't a lot of middle ground.  They were either bargain basement, or ridiculously overpaid.

peace

On an unbelievably stacked team. Osgood is a cup winner too, but we all know how that one goes. Though a lot of the Khabi hype came up before the playoffs. $7M is still about $2-3M more than what I would have expected him to make.

peace

peace

On an unbelievably stacked team. Osgood is a cup winner too, but we all know how that one goes. Though a lot of the Khabi hype came up before the playoffs. $7M is still about $2-3M more than what I would have expected him to make.

peace

yes, I agree, more than I was expecting.

But teams looked and saw a Tampa team that in a couple years went from the basement to the Cup, and could point to Khabibulin as the "key acquisition"

if Detroit had lost in 97 with Vernon and then won in 98 with Osgood, Ozzie's stock would be FAR higher.

Wow. I wouldn't even give two of them away.

Datsyuk is a player the Wings have to hold onto for as long as they possibly can, and Howard is someone that I wouldn't want to regret trading away in the future.

I might be fine with Legace.

I'm not good at the trading stuff so I won't even try to suggest anything (even though I already did try).

I'd be unsure about what to think. Luongo is one of the best goalies in the NHL, but the Wings have done fine without a great goalie and star studded offense, and I think it should be kept that way. I say no.

O boy did I just LMAO I call BS. Theres no way that would happen lol.

Well if you made any sense at all, I might believe you. But since you dont, I think you’re full of s**t. Why? 1. Holland wasn’t enquiring about Loungo. Why would be take on a high priced goalie when we he already has a fully capable goalie that is taking in less than a million. 2. You don’t know who Olesz is but you like the deal?!?! Lmao at you. You would make the worlds worst GM if you didn’t know who the player was but liked the deal. So, A Future franchise goalies, leading point getter, and an excellent back up goalie for a high priced Goalie and some guy you don’t know… AHHHHHHHAHAHA So pretty much you went to hockey’s future and saw Florida’s number one prospect so you decided to stir up some s**t!! LMAO at you again. I think we should trade Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Howard for Malkin. I don’t know anything about this Malkin guy but I think I like this trade. Go back to your room and see who you can trade on your NHL 98 for Super Nintendo

I love the idea of Luongo coming to motown but I dont see the wings dealing for him. If Detriot does happen to get Roberto than it will defintaly be a FA signing next season. My reasoning is simple. Manny Legace is having a tremendous season this year if the wings think he can continue his number then he will be resigned hands down. But if the case happens where Legs doesnt perform down the stretch then you can expect some big cash heading towards Luongo and probably somewhere in and around 4.5 million a season. If that happens where money needs to be found its given right to us. Steve and Chelios are pretty much done for next season unfortunitly and Jiri Fischer's career is in thin air leaving the wings with $4,556,000 which is just enough. Of course that will leave us 3 man short but thats what the draft is for an with this "NEW NHL" we will have to come acustom to making sacrifices at some positions and who knows maybe we the scouts can go out there and do what they did this year by picking up Sammy and Lilja not to mention our rooks Lebda and Johan.

You can't just pick draft picks out of your ass and expect them to be able to play at the NHL level. Even if you did, they're not free. You still have to pay a rookie.. lol. 2. You wouldnt do that deal because Legace is having a good season. lol. What about th fact that this so called "offer" involved sending out our top scorer, and future goalie. We have Osgood taking over the #1 position, and all you can say is "oh, i wouldnt do this because of Leagace." rolleyes.gif

NO WAY

Dats for Luongo is not worth it for a couple reasons

1. Let Howard develop so he can be as good as Luongo

2. Luongo is used to 30-40 shots a game. He is as good as he is cause he gets better with more shots a game. If he comes to Detroit he will get max 30 a game and when your used to more and getting less you end up like Joesph in 2003.

Luongo is a goalie that thrives on shots and will not get them in Detroit and will not be as good as he is without the shots

If we were indeed going to deal with Keenan for Luongo. Then why get screwed in the deal? Thank god Holland passed up. It's as lopsided as the U.S. poverty problem.