• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (CamNeely08 @ December 27, 2005 - 02:42PM)
I have a friend that is a scout for a MAJOR hockey agent, apparently Holland inquired harmlessly about Loungo's status, in reply he got an offer from Keenan for a Loungo & Rostislav Olesz (??) Trade for Datsyuk, Legace & Howard.

I'm not quite sure who the Olesz guy is but I like the trade. Apparently I'm not in charge of the redwings though...

Well if you made any sense at all, I might believe you. But since you dont, I think you’re full of s**t. Why? 1. Holland wasn’t enquiring about Loungo. Why would be take on a high priced goalie when we he already has a fully capable goalie that is taking in less than a million. 2. You don’t know who Olesz is but you like the deal?!?! Lmao at you. You would make the worlds worst GM if you didn’t know who the player was but liked the deal. So, A Future franchise goalies, leading point getter, and an excellent back up goalie for a high priced Goalie and some guy you don’t know… AHHHHHHHAHAHA So pretty much you went to hockey’s future and saw Florida’s number one prospect so you decided to stir up some s**t!! LMAO at you again. I think we should trade Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Howard for Malkin. I don’t know anything about this Malkin guy but I think I like this trade. Go back to your room and see who you can trade on your NHL 98 for Super Nintendo

#22 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (dreadthered @ December 27, 2005 - 07:12PM)
I love the idea of Luongo coming to motown but I dont see the wings dealing for him. If Detriot does happen to get Roberto than it will defintaly be a FA signing next season. My reasoning is simple. Manny Legace is having a tremendous season this year if the wings think he can continue his number then he will be resigned hands down. But if the case happens where Legs doesnt perform down the stretch then you can expect some big cash heading towards Luongo and probably somewhere in and around 4.5 million a season. If that happens where money needs to be found its given right to us. Steve and Chelios are pretty much done for next season unfortunitly and Jiri Fischer's career is in thin air leaving the wings with $4,556,000 which is just enough. Of course that will leave us 3 man short but thats what the draft is for an with this "NEW NHL" we will have to come acustom to making sacrifices at some positions and who knows maybe we the scouts can go out there and do what they did this year by picking up Sammy and Lilja not to mention our rooks Lebda and Johan.

You can't just pick draft picks out of your ass and expect them to be able to play at the NHL level. Even if you did, they're not free. You still have to pay a rookie.. lol. 2. You wouldnt do that deal because Legace is having a good season. lol. What about th fact that this so called "offer" involved sending out our top scorer, and future goalie. We have Osgood taking over the #1 position, and all you can say is "oh, i wouldnt do this because of Leagace." rolleyes.gif

#23 croaker

croaker

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

THere are only a couple of players league wide I would consider taking in trade for Datsyuk. Ovechkin, Crosby, Heatley. Notice hte youth theme. And NO goalie would be equivalent value.

#24 STICK

STICK

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:28 PM

NO WAY

Dats for Luongo is not worth it for a couple reasons

1. Let Howard develop so he can be as good as Luongo
2. Luongo is used to 30-40 shots a game. He is as good as he is cause he gets better with more shots a game. If he comes to Detroit he will get max 30 a game and when your used to more and getting less you end up like Joesph in 2003.

Luongo is a goalie that thrives on shots and will not get them in Detroit and will not be as good as he is without the shots

#25 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

If we were indeed going to deal with Keenan for Luongo. Then why get screwed in the deal? Thank god Holland passed up. It's as lopsided as the U.S. poverty problem.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#26 Stevie Y Datsyuk

Stevie Y Datsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

I liked that last post by Seth.
Red Wings win with one second left in OT...thanks to Pavel Datsyuk