• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Weight to Philly?

Rate this topic

Guest youssp9

I dont think weight would be traded out of St. Louis considering that he is their best player.

i don't understand the rationale behind the move. primeau is their leader and has become a really solid defensive forward.

weight is meh to meh+ defensively; he is mainly a playmaking center. the flyers already have a nice glut of offensive centers: forsberg, carter, and richards. though weight is at this point better than the latter two, the loss of the captain and selke-caliber player is not worth the luxury of another scoring center.

furthermore, i don't know why even the blues would take a guy currently out with concussions.

i don't understand the rationale behind the move. primeau is their leader and has become a really solid defensive forward.

weight is meh to meh+ defensively; he is mainly a playmaking center. the flyers already have a nice glut of offensive centers: forsberg, carter, and richards. though weight is at this point better than the latter two, the loss of the captain and selke-caliber player is not worth the luxury of another scoring center.

furthermore, i don't know why even the blues would take a guy currently out with concussions.

If Primeau is out for the year. the Flyers can replace his salary (they wouldn't be trading him). Weight is on the last year of his contract. He'd just be holding Keith's spot until the offseason.

Side note... what would happen if Keith recovers for the playoffs, ala Forsberg from '01-'02, since the players don't get paychecks at that point? Would he and Weight be allowed to both play?

peace

Side note... what would happen if Keith recovers for the playoffs, ala Forsberg from '01-'02, since the players don't get paychecks at that point? Would he and Weight be allowed to both play?

Interesting. I would assume (ha-ha) that there would be some sort of eligibility clause written into the CBA to prevent players from being "stockpiled" on IR, if that were the case, in order to pad a roster come playoff time.

Very interesting, indeed. Would be nice to get that full copy of the new CBA online before it expires, wouldn't it?

If Primeau is out for the year. the Flyers can replace his salary (they wouldn't be trading him). Weight is on the last year of his contract. He'd just be holding Keith's spot until the offseason.

how long is primeau gone for? i don't recall hearing any expected date of return. i'm curious to know when he'd be back.

the point about trade v. ir-substitute is a good point. i didn't read the article, i just made the not-too-good assumption that it was a trade.

another general point on this trade: the flyers offense is their strength right now; it's their defense that needs fixed. weight seems superfluous. hopefully pitkanen will return healthy and resume his incredible season, thereby significantly bolstering the flyers' d.

If Primeau is out for the year. the Flyers can replace his salary (they wouldn't be trading him).  Weight is on the last year of his contract.  He'd just be holding Keith's spot until the offseason.

how long is primeau gone for? i don't recall hearing any expected date of return. i'm curious to know when he'd be back.

the point about trade v. ir-substitute is a good point. i didn't read the article, i just made the not-too-good assumption that it was a trade.

another general point on this trade: the flyers offense is their strength right now; it's their defense that needs fixed. weight seems superfluous. hopefully pitkanen will return healthy and resume his incredible season, thereby significantly bolstering the flyers' d.

He may be done for good....