Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:46 PM

http://www.hockeytra...rticle5971.html

preims out, weight in?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:08 PM

Seems like a leap of speculation rather than a rumor with a basis in actual conversations.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#3 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:11 PM

I dont think weight would be traded out of St. Louis considering that he is their best player.

#4 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 27, 2005 - 08:11PM)
I dont think weight would be traded out of St. Louis considering that he is their best player.

When not fat, I think Keith is their best player.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#5 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 27, 2005 - 08:11PM)

St. Louis needs to do some SERIOUS rebuilding and very often the first step in that is to trade the best you've got.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#6 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:25 PM

I would love to see Doug go to Philly biggrin.gif !

Class O' 89!
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#7 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (hockeycrazy3033 @ December 27, 2005 - 06:20PM)
When not fat, I think Keith is their best player.

Brilliant!

peace

Posted Image

#8 3Hasek9

3Hasek9

Penn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:01 PM

i don't understand the rationale behind the move. primeau is their leader and has become a really solid defensive forward.

weight is meh to meh+ defensively; he is mainly a playmaking center. the flyers already have a nice glut of offensive centers: forsberg, carter, and richards. though weight is at this point better than the latter two, the loss of the captain and selke-caliber player is not worth the luxury of another scoring center.

furthermore, i don't know why even the blues would take a guy currently out with concussions.

#9 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (3Hasek9 @ December 27, 2005 - 09:01PM)
i don't understand the rationale behind the move. primeau is their leader and has become a really solid defensive forward.

weight is meh to meh+ defensively; he is mainly a playmaking center. the flyers already have a nice glut of offensive centers: forsberg, carter, and richards. though weight is at this point better than the latter two, the loss of the captain and selke-caliber player is not worth the luxury of another scoring center.

furthermore, i don't know why even the blues would take a guy currently out with concussions.

If Primeau is out for the year. the Flyers can replace his salary (they wouldn't be trading him). Weight is on the last year of his contract. He'd just be holding Keith's spot until the offseason.

Side note... what would happen if Keith recovers for the playoffs, ala Forsberg from '01-'02, since the players don't get paychecks at that point? Would he and Weight be allowed to both play?

peace

Posted Image

#10 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ December 27, 2005 - 08:29PM)
Brilliant!

peace

wink.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#11 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ December 27, 2005 - 11:57PM)
Side note... what would happen if Keith recovers for the playoffs, ala Forsberg from '01-'02, since the players don't get paychecks at that point? Would he and Weight be allowed to both play?

Interesting. I would assume (ha-ha) that there would be some sort of eligibility clause written into the CBA to prevent players from being "stockpiled" on IR, if that were the case, in order to pad a roster come playoff time.

Very interesting, indeed. Would be nice to get that full copy of the new CBA online before it expires, wouldn't it?

#12 dreadthered

dreadthered

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:40 AM

Who much do these guys make because St.Louis is not going to be gaining salary anytime soon.

#13 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:11 AM

If Weight becomes a Flyer, watch out....meanwhile Holland sits around and continues to admire his shrewd acquistion of Woolley dry.gif and thinks are defense is fine.

#14 3Hasek9

3Hasek9

Penn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

If Primeau is out for the year. the Flyers can replace his salary (they wouldn't be trading him). Weight is on the last year of his contract. He'd just be holding Keith's spot until the offseason.

how long is primeau gone for? i don't recall hearing any expected date of return. i'm curious to know when he'd be back.

the point about trade v. ir-substitute is a good point. i didn't read the article, i just made the not-too-good assumption that it was a trade.

another general point on this trade: the flyers offense is their strength right now; it's their defense that needs fixed. weight seems superfluous. hopefully pitkanen will return healthy and resume his incredible season, thereby significantly bolstering the flyers' d.

#15 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (3Hasek9 @ December 28, 2005 - 02:34PM)
If Primeau is out for the year. the Flyers can replace his salary (they wouldn't be trading him).  Weight is on the last year of his contract.  He'd just be holding Keith's spot until the offseason.

how long is primeau gone for? i don't recall hearing any expected date of return. i'm curious to know when he'd be back.

the point about trade v. ir-substitute is a good point. i didn't read the article, i just made the not-too-good assumption that it was a trade.

another general point on this trade: the flyers offense is their strength right now; it's their defense that needs fixed. weight seems superfluous. hopefully pitkanen will return healthy and resume his incredible season, thereby significantly bolstering the flyers' d.

He may be done for good....