• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1914

Alamo Bowl-Michigan vs Nebraska

Rate this topic

Are you nuts? The Buckeyes are loathed all across America. Michigan has fans all over the world. In fact, Buckeye fans are so obnoxious there is a backlash of Michigan fans in my area. I notice no one has touched the list of crimes committed by Ohio State football players. I am sure they won't. Says a lot about the character of the Ohio State University and its fans. They wouldn't care if their players killed someone as long as they won games. That is the difference. I have standards. I am not optimistic about Michigan next year, but never count them out. They will have all year to prepare for their schedule next year. Who knows? One thing for sure, I may have issues with their performance on the field, but I won't be checking on their lives on Court TV. I had a person joke to me today that they hoped the terrorists kill that female journalist because she is from Ann Arbor. Buckeyes are scum! See you next year in Columbus.

Edited by cobra commander

Do Michigan fans wonder why they're hated by everyone?

And Michigan isnt winning a lot these days, so I hope your stomach holds up.

I know a lot more people who hate Ohio State than Michigan. And in Virginia there aren't many Michigan fans so it's not rivalry bias.

They wouldn't care if their players killed someone as long as they won games. That is the difference. I have standards.

get off your high horse already. ohio state is not a perfect school, but neither is michigan. And besides, all of these comments have no effect in the actual GAME.

Do Michigan fans wonder why they're hated by everyone?

And Michigan isnt winning a lot these days, so I hope your stomach holds up.

I know a lot more people who hate Ohio State than Michigan. And in Virginia there aren't many Michigan fans so it's not rivalry bias.

I dont know about the part about there not being a lot of Michigan fans in Virginia. In Northern Virginia I've noticed a ton considering the geography. I went to Nationals game last summer wearing an AJ Hawk. I had no idea that the whole day I'd be hearing "Go Bucks!" and "Go Blue!". Not just a few times, but at least 20 times.

As for you Cobra Commander, you are the epitome of the elitist Michigan fan. You think you're better than me and every other non-Wolverine simply because of the colors you wear. You dont know the first thing about me, only that I go to Ohio State, and we're both diehard Red Wings fans for the love of god. Take your hate out on the Jackets-lovers.

You think you're better than me and every other non-Wolverine simply because of the colors you wear.

Wrong. I think your football program is full of people of rather low character with the rap sheet to prove it. I will say it again, if Michigan had a rap sheet like that...........I would be disgusted. Character matters at Michigan. You say you still go to OSU, then you are too young to remember when Gary Moeller got drunk at a restaurant (by my house at the time!) and made an ass of himself and got arrested. He was GONE Despite his stellar record. Same with Steve Fisher. This mentality of "it doesn't matter" because we win, is not acceptable to me. Try living in Michigan for awhile with your buckeye colors. It won't be as bad for you as it is for me in Ohio trust me. I repeat, I had someone tell me they hoped that lady in Iraq is killed because she is from Ann Arbor. A Notre Dame fan I talked to today went to the Fiesta Bowl and wore his Irish colors and had obsenities said to him and cups thrown at him in front of his young son. I am just sick of it, no matter what the score is.

dont know the first thing about me

Of course not! Never said I do. As for the wings, that's interesting. How did you get to be a fan? I take abuse in Ohio for that too!

Character matters at Michigan.

I have two words for you. Ed. Martin.

As far as why Michigan has a lot of fans in other states. Simple. The Weasels attract bandwagon fans like no other team out there. Of course, most of those fans are inbred mouth-breathers who spend most of the day drinking Busch Lite, workin' down at the cement factory, and dreaming about the day when they can upgrade to a double wide. 99% of them couldn't get into Michigan, and 99.9% of them couldn't find ***** Town...err...Ann Arbor on a map if their life depended on it. I especially love it when these fans try to look down at State fans. I may have gone to a land grant school, but that's more than you ever did.

Of course, the other option is dealing with the snotty, elitist, pompous jackasses who actually did go to UM. I don't actually know which fan is worse to deal with.

This should get some people fired up sly.gif

Edited by BlakChamber

I love that a michigan fan can't take the time to start their own "michigan vs ohio state smackoff thread" on a normal thread and has to start it on the alamo bowl thread.

Edited by timothy1997

I love that a michigan fan can't take the time to start their own "michigan vs ohio state smackoff thread" on a normal thread and has to start it on the alamo bowl thread.

And if he started a new thread you'd be saying "did you really have to start a whole new thread for this?"

in any case, I have very little experience with OSU fans. Lucky me. Mostly my experience is with MSU fans who think Michigan and MSU were founded for the sole purpose of playing basketball, but only after 1989. But don't be jealous cause Michigan attracts fans and MSU doesn't biggrin.gif I suspect there are more than quite a few out there like me, who grew up a diehard fan and for one reason or another, chose another school to go to. "you didn't even go to school there" is something I've heard a couple times. No, but I've never played for the Wings either, but there you go.

Basketball is the one sport that State has consistantly been better than Michigan in.

Michigan can have their elitist fans, and their trailer-park fans. I sure as hell don't want either them.

Now if only Michael Moore would stop wearing that MSU hat laugh.gif

Of course not! Never said I do. As for the wings, that's interesting. How did you get to be a fan? I take abuse in Ohio for that too!

I actually remember the Gary Moeller thing by the way.

I grew up a mile south of the Michigan border in BFE Northwest Ohio. My dad and my older brother are diehard Michigan and Detroit sports fans. I guess they just passed it on to me, except the maize and blue fever. Besides that, I was a hockey fan long before the Jackets were a team.

I'd also like to mention that in Northwest Ohio, there are just as many, and probably more Michigan fans than Ohio State fans. I'm used to the ugliness of this rivalry and how people act. Ohio State fans are not bad people and not all Michigan fans are bad, I guess my dad and brother are ok.

in Northwest Ohio, there are just as many, and probably more Michigan fans than Ohio State fans

Yup. I used to live in Findlay after I lived in west central OHio. Freaked me out to see so many Michigan fans. Why are there Ohioans who become Michigan fans? Is it because there is no alternative if you don't like OSU? Maybe that's it. In Michigan, you can become a Michigan State fan if you want. In Indiana, you can root for IU, Purdue or Notre Dame. That must be it. Ohio only has one Major Conference school.

Edited by cobra commander

Yup. I used to live in Findlay after I lived in west central OHio. Freaked me out to see so many Michigan fans. Why are there Ohioans who become Michigan fans? Is it because there is no alternative if you don't like OSU? Maybe that's it. In Michigan, you can become a Michigan State fan if you want. In Indiana, you can root for IU, Purdue or Notre Dame. That must be it. Ohio only has one Major Conference school.

I forget who they were, but I remember a few Michigan football players who grew up in Ohio and said what spurred them into going to Michigan was hearing, every day, "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" "So you're going to Ohio State, right?" Whereas Michigan has not only the border rivalry, but the in-state one as well, so if rebelling was your motivation, it would only depend on which side you wanted to piss off more.

I can attest to the NW-OH area being a haven for Michigan fans, too... I lived just *north* of the OH/MI for most of my life, went to college for a while at UT and my wife's family lives not too far from Stranahan... so I've been around the area a lot. My wife's family is *all* Michigan fans, save for her father.

That poor, lost soul. laugh.gif