• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Campbell

Brodeur for Legace & Zetterberg

Rate this topic

you'd have to throw in some crack for the Devil's GM to smoke while making that deal.  wink.gif

I think Lou got himself hooked on something with all the CBA negotiations cuz he was definitely on something during the offseason when he signed Rafalski to $4.2M, Malakhov to $3.6M, Mogilny to $3.5M, and McGillis to $2.2M.

peace

Old habits die hard I guess.

laugh.gif

[sarcasim]

We all can see how the New NHL and lack of defense is helping Broduer become the top goalie in the NHL this year. I highly doubt our stellar defense would be able to keep up with him in his drive to the Stanley Cup.

[/sarcasim]

Broduer has been anything but good this season. Coming to our team and our subpar defense would just makes this seasons stats go farther in the dumps. Broduer was good in his prime... but he is no longer in his prime and probably won't be again...Unless he gets a bolstered up Defense in front of him to finish out his career with.

All three of our goalies playing this year have done better than him... Trading for him??? DUH!

Edited by OsGOD

I wouldn't do the deal either, and totally pass on it. Zetterberg is a major part of our future, and to trade him would be totally stupid. Legace I wouldn't want to trade either, but for no really special or main reasons. I rather keep Legace and wait till the off-season, and sign a goaltender that's the best on the market then. If Legace has a year left, he can go back to back-up, and Osgood will be gone after this year anyways. But then, if Legace does have a year or two left here, question is do you want him to be your number one back-up again, or do something with him so Howard can back-up the new goalie, if we do go out and sign one? Brodeur is old, and with the new rules, it just doesn't seem like his time is with him anymore, and that wouldn't do us any good.