• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

toby91_ca

Donald MacLean

Rate this topic

How closely does everyone follow the Griffins? I haven't seen any of their games this year, but have heard a few on the radio.

How is MacLean doing? I know he had a horrible start to the season (I believe he was coming off of an injury sustained during the Wings camp). He seems to be coming on really strong as of late.

He's an old high school friend of mine, but I haven't seen him since the summer.

I was thinking about creating a topic about MacLean's changed performance about a week ago. I also noticed, just that if we had had this topic then, we would have here too many negative replies.

I am really optimistic, but look at the facts, Hudler had a tremendous start, then he disappeared, Filppula-Kopecky and Bootland stepped up, now they are also doing nothing special, maybe just Filppula. The Griffins look like a wheel of fortune, you never know who will be next to produce. I'll say let's just wait a little longer.

I was thinking about creating a topic about MacLean's changed performance about a week ago. I also noticed, just that if we had had this topic then, we would have here too many negative replies.

I am really optimistic, but look at the facts, Hudler had a tremendous start, then he disappeared, Filppula-Kopecky and Bootland stepped up, now they are also doing nothing special, maybe just Filppula. The Griffins look like a wheel of fortune, you never know who will be next to produce. I'll say let's just wait a little longer.

I disagree about Bootland, he's been consistent but has always brought his physical game

The "call ups" sort of messed with Hoodlum and Flapjack's mojo. They'll get back in sync.

peace

Maclean has a history of blowing the doors off the AHL, to only lay a huge egg in the NHL.  Some guys can never make the transition, he's one of them so far.

Heck, If he keeps it going in the AHL, we'll keep him.... rolleyes.gif

Maclean has a history of blowing the doors off the AHL, to only lay a huge egg in the NHL. Some guys can never make the transition, he's one of them so far.

If you ask me, he has a history of not really getting a chance to play in the NHL

Wings have to sign him to a professional contract before he'll end up in Detroit. Plus the Wings have guys in line in case of injury. You'll see Flippula, Hudler or Bootland up here first.

He was signed to a contract by the Wings, not the Griffins.

Also, just an FYI, I think he has his scoring streak up to 17 or 18 games now.

MacLean continues his dominance. He has 40 goals now, I think #2 in the AHL has 33.

He still trails Hudler in pts for the Griffins, but ignorning the month of October (when Donald was recovering from injury), MacLean has 39 goals and 58 points compared to Hudler's 14 goals and 50 points. Also, Hudler has been a star of the game in 2 games, while MacLean has been a star in 10.

MacLean has 33 goals in his last 35 games and 39 goals in his last 45. Not sure what is going on this year (maybe he is playing with playmakers). He normally has no problem scoring, but his assists are usually 50% more than his goals vs. this year when his goals are far higher than assists.

The only problem if Mac gets the call, is that he wouldn't necessarily be put on the scoring lines with the Wings. A role on a checking line isn't what would suit him. Jiri got the chance earlier this season and didn't put any numbers on the board, and he got icetime on the top 2 lines which isn't what Maclean would get.

Don won't be in Detroit.

I would like to know why they wouldn't give him a chance. He has a big frame, good shot and seems to have a knack for scoring. Maybe if he was Swedish?? Jokes aside, they eagerly gave Sammuelsson a shot and he had yet to prove himself in the NHL. Why not give this guy a chance too? He'd be cheap and you gotta think he could be of more value than Mowers is currently.

If I was GM I would have no problem what-so-ever sending down Mowers, call up Maclean. Then rotate him with whomever doesn't bring it every night. That is the only problem Ive had with Babs and Kenny so far. The lack of using GR has a resouce. Leba would have been fine but they brought in Woolley. Fischer went down so Leba came back...Luckily our team has been doing a pretty soild job avoiding the injuriy bug. But come playoff time, it happens. Those call ups might not fully be ready. I dunno just my 2 cents.

Look, It's not about the numbers in the AHL. Some of the most prolific scorers in the league will never wear an NHL jersey. It's all about size, speed, age and hype. Here are the top 3 scorers on my Houston Aeros:

Law - 34G - 54A

Westrum - 30G - 56A

O'Sullivan - 39G - 33A

These guys are AHL lifers. They will not make it in the NHL.

Yet, the Aeros have sent 6 players to the Wild this year. They just aren't the big number guys.

Now this guy is going to be the man:

Roman Voloshenko - 28G - 18A - not the greatest numbers, but he is 18 years old and plays like Datsycks brother, only bigger. Now THAT will get him into the NHL.

O'Sullivan - 39G - 33A

Patrick O'Sullivan is an AHL lifer? He just turned 21 and is the AHL's leading rookie scorer. He'll be with the Wild for good before too long.

peace

O'Sullivan - 39G - 33A 

Patrick O'Sullivan is an AHL lifer? He just turned 21 and is the AHL's leading rookie scorer. He'll be with the Wild for good before too long.

peace

Doh! Thanks Norrisnick. I was way off base lumping O'Sullivan with the others. Thanks for reminding me. The guy I sat next to at the last Aeros game raved about this guy. I totally forgot about that.

"For 40 minutes Tuesday night at Toyota Center, it was the Patrick O'Sullivan Show.

The rookie winger dominated, scoring three goals in the first two periods and leading the Aeros to a 5-4 shootout win over the Chicago Wolves.

Up 4-2 going into the second intermission, the Aeros had all the momentum they would need.

Then O'Sullivan, who has 20 goals in his past 21 games, completed the hat trick with just 0.7 seconds left in the period.

He's now the first player in team history to record three hat tricks in one season."