• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Daryl Bootland

Rate this topic

What does a guy need to do to get called up around here? Proof positive that Holland has a thing against guys who are gritty, unless they're from Europe.

37 games 9 goals 14 assts 172 PIM's

Plays on the power play and penalty kill, and is their physical presence.

I know, I guess it's my daily indirect shots at getting rid of Mowers to free up some things. Like a clogged sink or colon, Holland needs to send some guys packing, actually more like just Mowers for now.

What does a guy need to do to get called up around here? Proof positive that Holland has a thing against guys who are gritty, unless they're from Europe.

37 games 9 goals 14 assts 172 PIM's

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I had no clue Booter had been doing that well...Holland is really starting to piss me off now, its like he actually thinks Mowers can help the team.........please somebody take the blinders off him before we have another disapointing playoffs...... mad.gif

What does a guy need to do to get called up around here?  Proof positive that Holland has a thing against guys who are gritty, unless they're from Europe. 

37 games 9 goals 14 assts  172 PIM's

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I had no clue Booter had been doing that well...Holland is really starting to piss me off now, its like he actually thinks Mowers can help the team.........please somebody take the blinders off him before we have another disapointing playoffs...... mad.gif

Maybe he thinks Bootland is better off developing this season by getting time in Grand Rapids than not playing at all in Detroit?

What does a guy need to do to get called up around here?  Proof positive that Holland has a thing against guys who are gritty, unless they're from Europe. 

37 games 9 goals 14 assts   172 PIM's

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he thinks Bootland is better off developing this season by getting time in Grand Rapids than not playing at all in Detroit?

Let's see, the guy has developed into a physical force, and is providing the physical presence this team sorely lacks. Get rid of Mowers, and give Bootland his minutes..what a friggin joke

Oh goodie, now we know that we'll be seeing a lot of Mowers until Yzerman comes back. dry.gif

Anyway, Bootland is 24 now. He's never going to become an offensive force for us, and could not possibly learn anything more in GR. He's really buckled down and improved greatly on his overall play from last season. Daryl is an effective penalty-killer for the Griffins, and has played a solid physical game all season.

And if not Bootland, why not Ellis? Nobody on the Wings works harder than this guy, and he's played well beyond his capabilities to try and make Detroit's roster. If not this year, I sure hope guys like Bootland and Ellis get a chance next season.

Well, I didn't really think the article was praising Mowers as much as it was saying that he needs to start playing better. I think his time may end unless he starts playing up to the level Babcock wants him at.

Well, I didn't really think the article was praising Mowers as much as it was saying that he needs to start playing better.  I think his time may end unless he starts playing up to the level Babcock wants him at.

I re-read the article, and you may be correct. Originally I had seen it as Babcock trying to get Mowers to play a bigger role on the team, and carrying over what he had done in practice into game situations. Sadly, I doubt Mowers is going anywhere, because Holland seems to have attachments to all of his players. Unless of course they're prospects, in which case he hands them out like candy.