• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Fire sale

Rate this topic

Sad sacks like Columbus, Chicago and St Louis are imploding, Chicago got their asses handed to them tonight by Edmonton. I'm thinking that a fire sale will happen in the next month or so, and because Kenny Holland reads this board every day, I thought I'd help him get started on his wish list

Chicago

Mark Bell

Jim Vandermeer

St Louis

Barret Jackman

Matt Walker

Columbus

Adam Foote

These are the guys who could(will) become available when the selling begins....thoughts?

Edited by Barnes52

and because Kenny Holland reads this board every day, I thought I'd help him get started on his wish list

Oh, he does does he?

ohmy.gif

You must be his favorite poster Barnes!! laugh.gif

and because Kenny Holland reads this board every day, I thought I'd help him get started on his wish list

Oh, he does does he?

ohmy.gif

You must be his favorite poster Barnes!! laugh.gif

wink.gif He sent me a private message telling me how he wished he had my trade ideas, but he's just too emotionally attached to his players... biggrin.gif

I'd love to get Mark Bell here, other than that, I don't want an overpaid Foote and I'd like a Veteren defensemen with plenty of playoff experience. Foote fits the bill perfectly, but I don't think he's anywhere near worth what he's being paid anymore. Jackman is a great young defensemen but doesn't have the playoff experience that I'd like to see, but his playoff experience is limited even though he has great skills and still plenty of potential.

By the way, I asked before and don't remember if anyone ever answered, has Holland ever made a trade during the season pre-deadline?

I'd love to get Mark Bell here, other than that, I don't want an overpaid Foote and I'd like a Veteren defensemen with plenty of playoff experience. Foote fits the bill perfectly, but I don't think he's anywhere near worth what he's being paid anymore. Jackman is a great young defensemen but doesn't have the playoff experience that I'd like to see, but his playoff experience is limited even though he has great skills and still plenty of potential.

By the way, I asked before and don't remember if anyone ever answered, has Holland ever made a trade during the season pre-deadline?

Lang was before the deadline. It's been done before

Wasn't Lang like the day before?

Yeah, I remember Lang's trade being like the week before or something. I actually can't recall a trade (of some significance) occuring well before the deadline. I guess the Wings have never been in a whole lot of trouble at any point in the regular season during Kenny's tenure, so he must've never felt the need to make a move.

Woolley was a "for considerations" trade acquisition in November of '02.

Larionov was acquired for Golubovsky just after Christmas of '00. Amazing trade.

That's about it for mid season trades. We've signed a couple guys after the season started Thomas, Sloan (he was plucked off waivers), etc...

peace

Mark Bell needs to be a Wing. slkjkjgkjskgjksdjgs I WISH MR.HOLLAND would go out and try and pursue him. He'd be great on a line with Franzen/Draper hell, he'd fit in any line.

Yeah, there are some people really high on him here. I see you are one.

March 2nd-ish. 40 days before the end of the season (April 18th).

peace

Thansk NN. I was wondering that myself. Didn't know off hand, as was to lazy to look it up.

Mark Bell needs to be a Wing. slkjkjgkjskgjksdjgs I WISH MR.HOLLAND would go out and try and pursue him. He'd be great on a line with Franzen/Draper hell, he'd fit in any line.

Bell is great, but he won't be traded, actually the top 3 guys Barnes posted won't be traded. Foote and Columbus knew what this year would be like, or well, this isn't exactly what he/they thought it'd be like, but its pretty close. He's got the C for a reason, he's not leaving.

Bell is great, but he won't be traded, actually the top 3 guys Barnes posted won't be traded. Foote and Columbus knew what this year would be like, or well, this isn't exactly what he/they thought it'd be like, but its pretty close. He's got the C for a reason, he's not leaving.

How do you know this? Tallon sent word to everyone around the league that his whole roster is up for grabs, some will come easier than others, but Bell can be had

Why would they want to keep starting over? It makes no sense, they have great prospects, and great young players. What does trading Bell accomplish? He's been one of their top 3 best players, all it does is set them back even further.

If they do this every season if each season doesn't start well they'll never get out of 27th place.

But hey, it looks like Tallon is an idiot, so lets trade a 3rd rounder and Mark Mowers for him.

Edited by Heaton

Why would they want to keep starting over? It makes no sense, they have great prospects, and great young players. What does trading Bell accomplish? He's been one of their top 3 best players, all it does is set them back even further.

If they do this every season if each season doesn't start well they'll never get out of 27th place.

But hey, it looks like Tallon is an idiot, so lets trade a 3rd rounder and Mark Mowers for him.

He wants to shake things up. He won't trade Mowers for Bell, but if he can get a Hudler and Williams, he might do it, I'd do it in 2 seconds if I was Kenny

He wants to shake things up. He won't trade Mowers for Bell, but if he can get a Hudler and Williams, he might do it, I'd do it in 2 seconds if I was Kenny

But why would Talon? If Bell is so great and Hudler and Williams not so much, why would they make that trade? Yes, they want to change things up, but I'm guessing they still have some sort of interest in trying to put together a team.

peace