Seriously though, I really liked it when Bootland was up in the '03 season
Moral victories are for losers.

#22 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Hatcher#2 @ January 5, 2006 - 01:02PM)
He wasn't signed to put points on the board, he was signed to hit and protect his team mates and take some of the slack off of Bootland and Amadio.

What's the matter with finding someone who can do both? Every enforcer type the Griffins have tried in the last few years look like they should play in a beer league, not the AHL. I'm not looking for someone who is going to lead the team in scoring, just someone who can chip in a point every couple of games.

#23 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Icer @ January 5, 2006 - 05:04PM)
What's the matter with finding someone who can do both? Every enforcer type the Griffins have tried in the last few years look like they should play in a beer league, not the AHL. I'm not looking for someone who is going to lead the team in scoring, just someone who can chip in a point every couple of games.

Thats fair enough and thats why i was hoping that the Wings would have signed Robin BigSnake this year to play in Grand Rapids, but the Griffs are the leading team in offence in the Ahl this year so they don't need more people to put points on the board, they needed a solid stay at home D-man and thats why they went out and signed Jorde.

Edited by Hatcher#2, 05 January 2006 - 04:53 PM.

"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#24 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Icer @ January 5, 2006 - 05:04PM)

You don't find those guys among free agents. You'd have to draft a guy like that and Kenny is too busy drafting long shot players in Europe to waste a pick on someone like that.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#25 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ January 5, 2006 - 05:57PM)
You don't find those guys among free agents. You'd have to draft a guy like that and Kenny is too busy drafting long shot players in Europe to waste a pick on someone like that.

long shot guys like dats and zetts.

#26 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ January 5, 2006 - 08:33PM)

I knew someone would say that, but there's been a lot of players with even less probability to make it. He could have had a more diversified drafting strategy for sure.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#27 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ January 5, 2006 - 08:33PM)

2 out of how many? When you draft every team and league in Europe, you're bound to hit on a few...why not diversify your draft stragedy so that....perish the thought, you can develop and power forward. Looks like Bootland and Ellis may be just that, but Holland will find a way to cut them loose

Edited by Barnes52, 05 January 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#28 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ January 5, 2006 - 11:05PM)
2 out of how many? When you draft every team and league in Europe, you're bound to hit on a few...why not diversify your draft stragedy so that....perish the thought, you can develop and power forward. Looks like Bootland and Ellis may be just that, but Holland will find a way to cut them loose

Tragically but true... I'll never understand it...