• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Trade Idea..

Rate this topic

I don't know if Washington would even want to take Lang back. They really have no reason to; they're just as bad a team as when they traded him to us. The Caps are no doubt tentative to take on big contracts again, after that failed experiment of theirs a couple years back.

I don't know if Washington would even want to take Lang back. They really have no reason to; they're just as bad a team as when they traded him to us. The Caps are no doubt tentative to take on big contracts again, after that failed experiment of theirs a couple years back.

He'd help them showcase Ovechkin to ticket buyers. Ovechkin outclasses everyone else they have by a wide margin and Lang has enough skill to hang with him in the offensive zone. Ovechkin has Chris Clark on his wing. He needs real help.

peace

He'd help them showcase Ovechkin to ticket buyers.  Ovechkin outclasses everyone else they have by a wide margin and Lang has enough skill to hang with him in the offensive zone.  Ovechkin has Chris Clark on his wing.  He needs real help.

peace

Ovechkin could clearly use better linemates, but, as shown by the fact that Washington did next-to-nothing in the off-season, the Caps seem weary to take on any big contracts again. And Lang was a failed experiment anyway, though he played awfully well for them, he wasn't able to help make them a winning team; it'd be like us reacquiring Cujo. I don't know that Washington management wants to degrade themselves by crawling on their hands and knees back to Robert Lang.

It's not that I don't like this deal, I'd love Witt here and Clark would be sweet on the third line, but I just don't know if the Capitals would go along with it.