• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EstonianWingsFan#1

Griffins win again, 5 - 2

Rate this topic

Well another win, Hudler top scorer again in AHL, MacLean's gun still on fire and it seems also that his fist in this last game (did anyone see the fight?), Filppula jumped to 10th place in AHL scoring, which means we got 3 Griffins in top 10, Clay Wilson is a surprise defenseman and scores his 6th, Griffins outshot (hope it is a correct word in english) opponents 44 - 26 this time, things look pretty good.

And Griffins have scored 156 goals in 40 games, which is slightly under 4 GPG. Nearest follower has 138, Houston Aeros, who have Westrum and Law as Hudler's pain in the ass on the individual scoring chart.

At least we can be happy standings and scoring this season, the thing is total GAA is 138 and that has been a problem, considering the weakest in the league is Cleveland with total GAA of 141 and the best by WBS Penguins - amazing 58 goals against only. We have some room of development.

Well another win, Hudler top scorer again in AHL, MacLean's gun still on fire and it seems also that his fist in this last game (did anyone see the fight?), Filppula jumped to 10th place in AHL scoring, which means we got 3 Griffins in top 10, Clay Wilson is a surprise defenseman and scores his 6th, Griffins outshot (hope it is a correct word in english) opponents 44 - 26 this time, things look pretty good.

And Griffins have scored 156 goals in 40 games, which is slightly under 4 GPG. Nearest follower has 138, Houston Aeros, who have Westrum and Law as Hudler's pain in the ass on the individual scoring chart.

At least we can be happy standings and scoring this season, the thing is total GAA is 138 and that has been a problem, considering the weakest in the league is Cleveland with total GAA of 141 and the best by WBS Penguins - amazing 58 goals against only. We have some room of development.

Did not see any of the game so any description of the fight is appreciated since I am, well, fightfan, more info please. Thanks!

Yeah I know guys, for me it's quite hard to evaluate Wilson, because I don't have an opportunity to see him on ice. What I meant is that he has done quite well considering from where he jumped to the Griffins. Sometimes unnoticed players need to get ice time in tougher leagues to improve their game. Take Lebda for instance, he was signed as a free agent out of nowhere last season I think. And look at him now, he is a NHL/AHL regular and people are quite happy with his plays so it's funny but that's how things work sometimes. Or Williams who is really showing this season, just that he couldn't show much earlier because lack of icetime, yet his transition to NHL to good scorer has taken much longer than Lebda getting into his role.

Anyway forgive me if my posts doesn't mean any sense sometimes or are questionable, i'm doing my best in this small country in Europe and I have not had an opportunity to see any GR games. In my position I have to rely more on stats, but hey criticism is OK, I'm glad if you can correct me about players and their abilities.

But the fight is interesting for me too, looking at MacLeans penalty minutes he doesn't seem like a fistboy, what really happened and how did he do?

Edited by EstonianWingsFan#1

Filppula was the game's first star. I have no idea why hockeysfuture.com continues to insist he's a future checking line player. He's not. If Val continues to adapt as well to the NA game as he currently is, I see him being a solid two-way presence on the Wings second line in a couple of seasons.

Yeah I know guys, for me it's quite hard to evaluate Wilson, because I don't have an opportunity to see him on ice. What I meant is that he has done quite well considering from where he jumped to the Griffins. Sometimes unnoticed players need to get ice time in tougher leagues to improve their game. Take Lebda for instance, he was signed as a free agent out of nowhere last season I think. And look at him now, he is a NHL/AHL regular and people are quite happy with his plays so it's funny but that's how things work sometimes. Or Williams who is really showing this season, just that he couldn't show much earlier because lack of icetime, yet his transition to NHL to good scorer has taken much longer than Lebda getting into his role.

Anyway forgive me if my posts doesn't mean any sense sometimes or are questionable, i'm doing my best in this small country in Europe and I have not had an opportunity to see any GR games. In my position I have to rely more on stats, but hey criticism is OK, I'm glad if you can correct me about players and their abilities.

But the fight is interesting for me too, looking at MacLeans penalty minutes he doesn't seem like a fistboy, what really happened and how did he do?

Hey, your english is great...better than mine wink.gif Seriously, you make your point very well