• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

1/8 GDT: Detroit Red Wings Vs. Dallas Stars

Rate this topic

Ugh, the wings game is on OLN Tuesday isn't it? I don't know whether to consider myself lucky because my college cable doesn't carry OLN, thus saving myself the torture of OLN, or to hate it because then I have a 3 hour date with the radio. Either way, OLN sucks.

Ugh, the wings game is on OLN Tuesday isn't it? I don't know whether to consider myself lucky because my college cable doesn't carry OLN, thus saving myself the torture of OLN, or to hate it because then I have a 3 hour date with the radio. Either way, OLN sucks.

oln sucks.

Let's just say it wasn't his strongest outing.

Yeah,the defense standing around watching the Stars was Ozzy's fault too. rolleyes.gif

Just like NN said:

Then you factor in the rest of the team. We were on fire top to bottom that first month and then the cracks showed up. It's easy to pin it on Osgood but our problems lie deeper than goaltending. The Wings have had a hard time playing 60 full minutes and our team defense isn't close to what it's been in the past.

Most people don't bother to look at everything. They just see a bad goal or bad stats and it's like throwing chum in the warm waters around Australia.

At least NN and a few others have sense and know that the team needs to learn how to play for 60 minutes and don't blame it just on Ozzy when our defense stands and watches the other team.

Edited by tazzer82

Guest Yzerman_is_hockeytown

oln sucks.

I miss espn Hockey night, and NHL tonight on Espn.

Yeah,the defense standing around watching the Stars was Ozzy's fault too. rolleyes.gif

Just like NN said:

Then you factor in the rest of the team. We were on fire top to bottom that first month and then the cracks showed up. It's easy to pin it on Osgood but our problems lie deeper than goaltending. The Wings have had a hard time playing 60 full minutes and our team defense isn't close to what it's been in the past.

Most people don't bother to look at everything. They just see a bad goal or bad stats and it's like throwing chum in the warm waters around Australia.

At least NN and a few others have sense and know that the team needs to learn how to play for 60 minutes and don't blame it just on Ozzy when our defense stands and watches the other team.

Thank you.

Speaking of sucky broadcasts, did you folks in the Detroit area get any kind of Wings post game show tonight? Up north here, they switched right to some other crap on FSN, and I never got to hear what kind of lame excuses Babcock came up with. Usually he sounds like the past ten Lions coaches after these losses, with gems such as, "We just can't do these things if we expect to win games," (usually said right after the Wings have just done those things for the umpteenth time this season.

Question: How many losses did the Wings have in that record setting regular season they had several years ago? I think that was a year they didn't win the cup.

I miss espn Hockey night, and NHL tonight on Espn.

i'm with ya. everytime oln comes back from a comercial break it's choppy for like 5 minutes. i think nhl on oln is really secretly some elementary school class project somewhere in the white frozen wastelands of saskatchewan. ph34r.gif

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

Up north here

Question: How many losses did the Wings have in that record setting regular season they had several years ago? I think that was a year they didn't win the cup.

they were into the mid sixties in wins. i can't remember. where up north?

Up north here

Charlevoix County

Up north here

Charlevoix County

grand traverse county.

Just like NN said:

but the thing i noticed is, theres always the Defense sucks, not ozzies fault rants after his games. when legace plays theres no 6 goals allowed to make excuses for and thats why people prefer him.

Guest Yzerman_is_hockeytown

All seriousness about Lilja, I rather have Quincy in there. Look at it this way, he couldnt do no worse than Lilja is doing. I do not see any upside to Lilja, he is just a pylon out there for other teams to skate around the practice their skating ability.

All seriousness about Lilja, I rather have Quincy in there. Look at it this way, he couldnt do no worse than Lilja is doing. I do not see any upside to Lilja, he is just a pylon out there for other teams to skate around the practice their skating ability.

yep. Man we could use Fischer right now, unfortunately..

Lilja and Rivers to NJ for Malakhov.

oln sucks.

to be honest, i dont really see whats so bad about oln. its hockey on television. is there really a difference in what channel it is? im happy as long as its on. i mean what is it that pisses every body off about it so much? the announcers arnt the greatest, but at least they have some cool stuff like around the league highlights and coverage during the games, and things like that. i think i might be the only one with out beef about oln

OK, let me try my hand at some thoughtful hockey commentary, which is not as much fun as ranting and venting.

1. Ozzy vs. Manny: I consider them to be fairly even. One doesn't make me any more or less comfortable than the other. Ozzy HAS stolen a game or two for us this year. And it's just my gut feeling that the team seems to play a wee bit better for Manny. The only thing I can say with confidence is that whichever goalie loses a game - sucks.

2. The PP: We may be the best in the league at present, but our PP seems to go down the tubes whenever the opponents start putting pressure on the puck carrier. If they stay in their box, we do great, but any pressure at all brings hurried passes and easy clears. Also, for whatever reason, and Datsyuk is the worse culprit, we seem to always have guys in great position giving up shots and passing to shooters who are in terrible position.

3. The PK: We DON'T put pressure on the point men, and so it seems we spend the entire two minutes not being able to clear the puck. Every missed shot bounces right back out to the point man, to start the process all over again.

4. You can always tell when the Wings are playing like crap, because the opponent seems to always be on a 5 on 5 PP, with the WIngs scambling around like Keystone Cops, and when they bring it down the ice, every WIng seems to be double-teamed, indicating a lack of movement without the puck.

Yeah,the defense standing around watching the Stars was Ozzy's fault too.  rolleyes.gif

Just like NN said:

This is what really ticks me off. I dare say one thing about Ozzie and all of a sudden I get a lecture about something I've heard all season. I know the D sucked tonight, I know the Wings choked, I know our PK was weak, and our PP squandered some oppurtunities; but 6 goals on 23 shots is not acceptable any way you look at it. The Wings sucked tonight, and Ozzie was not any better.

If you're sick of Ozzie playing then don't watch him when he's in net. Simple as that. Don't make stupid outrageous comments that aren't true after one freaking game.

I can't NOT watch a wings game... That's just silly. C'mon, man... Look at his stats... The games he does win, he generally doesn't take a lot of shots. Do you REALLY think that he's going to be able to be in any way effective for us in the playoffs by playing as inconsistently as he is? Just look at the games he plays, his style, versus the way Manny plays. The stats speak for themselves. It's not like I'm pulling this stuff out of my ass. The only thing that's stupid and outrageous is the fact that you keep blindly supporting him after Manny makes it clear that he is the better goaltender. And it's not just one freaking game. He's shown his worth to me again and again this year. He's damned lucky to be playing for the Wings where the good play of the people in front of him can pad his crappy stats even a little bit.

Edited by eldios