• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

1/8 GDT: Detroit Red Wings Vs. Dallas Stars

Rate this topic

...I'm guessing we lost?

What's the damage?

6-3. Wings were leading 3-0 in the second, then the Stars scored 6 in a row after that.

Holy crap, the Stars scored 6 in a row? Glad I wasn't here, I won't watch the tape then.

...I'm guessing we lost?

What's the damage?

6-3. Wings were leading 3-0 in the second, then the Stars scored 6 in a row after that.

Holy crap, the Stars scored 6 in a row? Glad I wasn't here, I won't watch the tape then.

when i got home i bet my friend seeing it was 3 - 0 that the game would be tied after i saw we had ozzie was in net.(just a hunch tongue.gif ) but no way did i think the wings would just collapse allowing 6 goals. but then again, they allowed the same amount of shots on net as last game roughly and scored 3 goals, also, against a better team than dallas. But then again manny was in net last time. hm, go figure lol. biggrin.gif

I miss espn Hockey night, and NHL tonight on Espn.

Me too!

Bucci, Chicken Parm and Melrose!

Too bad Bucci sold out to SportsCenter.........hey......at least he still brings some hockey "insiders" up at times

And let me guess - it was all Osgood's fault for this loss? laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif

Hypothetically: IF it was, they should have pulled him in the 2nd intermission already. My analysis of the fact that they didn't proves either that

A) Babs is a goalie sadist

or

B ) Babs wanted to send a message to the skaters where he thinks the responsibility lies for the embarassing score.

Either way you can't "blame" Osgood. Not according to my logic. He didnt let the GWG trickle over the goal line in the last 10 seconds of play.

Edited by GuloGulo

And let me guess - it was all Osgood's fault for this loss? laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

Of course not...

He just figured largely into the loss; he faltered and Babcock didn't have the sense to yank him after three goals like the stars did to Turco. The team let a few phantom calls get under their collective skin and shut down.

Guest ontariowingsfan
So guys..

how bout that Lilja?

ain't he just GREAT?!

trying to divert attention from your boy?

Hypothetically: IF it was, they should have pulled him in the 2nd intermission already. My analysis of the fact that they didn't proves either that

or

B ) Babs wanted to send a message to the skaters where he thinks the responsibility lies for the embarassing score.

Either way you can't "blame" Osgood. Not according to my logic. He didnt let the GWG trickle over the goal line in the last 10 seconds of play.

true, but osgood wasnt exactly all on his own seeming how he only had 23 shots to face the whole game. 6 goals in 23 shots is just really sad no matter who you are.

Of course not...

He just figured largely into the loss; he faltered and Babcock didn't have the sense to yank him after three goals like the stars did to Turco. The team let a few phantom calls get under their collective skin and shut down.

I dunno if it's about Bab's sense, it seems more like it's some conviction of his not to pull goalies. He's only done it once, when Howard was blasted to death in Atlanta (with good cause). But he let Osgood play full minutes when he was acting sieve-ish... *shrug*

To me it seems like Babcock isn't that extremely concerned with winning regular season games at any cost? Lethargic or what, I dunno.

true, but osgood wasnt exactly all on his own seeming how he only had 23 shots to face the whole game. 6 goals in 23 shots is just really sad no matter who you are.

Nah when did I say that? I ain't the coach, I was just speculating as to why he wasn't pulled. He was 3 for 18 there for a while, and then it just collapsed. If the 3rd wasn't enough the 4th should have been.

And those are sad ratios. Cujo had 5 of 15 today. Ten saves, but Phoenix were crushing Jackets in every other sense. In this game it wasn't like we had any upper hand in the last 40 minutes, and just "happened" to lose because of Osgood.

or

and he faced 18 of those shots in a 28:44 minute span from the start of the second until he was pulled. That's a rate of 38 shots per 60 minutes.

The Wings only had eleven shots during that same span, which projects to a measly 23 shots.

You tell me why the Wings gave up so many goals. Couldn't have been that the defense just fell apart and there was no offensive pressure to keep the Stars from attacking?

Ozzie was bad. Lebda lost the first one, but the Lehtinen and Boucher goals were pretty soft. After that, it was time to go, but Babcock decided to leave him in so I won't get on him for anything after that: he wasn't on his game and being left in there sure as hell didn't fix anything.

PK was porous, Datsyuk made a moronic turnover (one of those stupid ass plays the opposing blue line--one of those plays that, if he just got the puck in DEEP, we'd never f**king lose), and the D was sleepy after Turco took a seat.

UUUUUGLY! Wings needed a wake up call, though. But this is happened before--I don't think it'll inspire to do s**t, let alone play 60 minutes. What does a guy have to do to motivate this team?!

or

and he faced 18 of those shots in a 28:44 minute span from the start of the second until he was pulled. That's a rate of 38 shots per 60 minutes.

The Wings only had eleven shots during that same span, which projects to a measly 23 shots.

You tell me why the Wings gave up so many goals. Couldn't have been that the defense just fell apart and there was no offensive pressure to keep the Stars from attacking?

Yes, but how many times have the Red Wings put on 18 shots in the first period? I can remember this happening quite a few times, actually. But the score certainly was NEVER 6-0 after that first period.

Wings defense didn't play well, nobody's denying that. And Ozzie had a lot of shots on him before he was pulled, but he played BADLY to let in 6 goals on 23 shots.

Hopefully Manny can keep up his stellar play and the Wings can start winning again. Ozzie will get his chance to redeem himself. My only worry is that Ozzie has had a record (at least this year) of not playing well his first few games back after resting a few. That's not going to bode well for him if Manny stays healthy and Babcock wants to play the hot goaltender...

Hopefully Manny can keep up his stellar play and the Wings can start winning again. Ozzie will get his chance to redeem himself. My only worry is that Ozzie has had a record (at least this year) of not playing well his first few games back after resting a few. That's not going to bode well for him if Manny stays healthy and Babcock wants to play the hot goaltender...

Agreed. Ozzie hasn't played well when he hasn't played for several days or so, and with Babs going to ride Manny now, it's very likely Ozzie won't be sharp for his next start either. He'll have a tough time taking the starting spot from Manny, but he has half a season to do so.

Like I mentioned earlier, Babcock needs to get hardnosed and come through with that threat that if the wings didn't start picking it up he'd make practices longer and harder. Being an athlete, I know that nothing scares me more than long hard practices. The wings need a kick in the pants and what a great way to do it. Lets see if the wings can show up for ALL three periods not just the first or just the last two on Tuesday.

Then don't watch.  Without his 12 wins we'd be good and f**Ked.

peace

Without his *teams 12 wins we'd be good and f***ed.

You forgot the Cardinal rules of Detroit goaltenders, NNick!

1) Manny's wins are because of his great play. Ozzie's wins are because of the team.

2) Manny's losses are because of poor team play. Ozzie's losses are because of his poor play alone.

Amen to that.

It sounds like Dallas exposed all the Wings weaknesses tonight.

1) Not playing a full sixty minutes of hockey.

2) Major defensive problems:

What was Lebda trying to do on the first Dallas goal?

Lehtinen's goal on a one timer wide open from the faceoff dot.

A Dallas player practically sitting on Ozzy's lap untouched on Boucher's goal.

3) Goaltending.

Ozzy should've had a couple of those.

And you'd like him to come up with the huge save on at least one other one.

4) bad turnovers.

Datsyuk giving the puck away at the blueline, then not being able to backcheck fast enough to make up for his mistake.

Total collapse.

I think the Wings will continue to do well in the regular season due to their potent offense and relatively weak division, but nights like this make me fear for the playoffs.

Maybe Lebda was serving as the second goalie knowing that a puck would sooner or later go past Ozzie. Looks like Lebda should have stayed there.

He shouldn't have been there to begin with. He knew it cost the Wings a goal thats why when he was on the bench he kept shaking his head and put it down.