• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

1/8 GDT: Detroit Red Wings Vs. Dallas Stars

Rate this topic

Another good test for the Wings. This one will be to proove that last week was not some lucky win. The Wings will need to stay disciplined against Dallas. If we win this one we can get 1 point ahead of Philly to be #1 in the NHL, but more importantly, we can go 5 points up on LA for #1 in the West, with 2 games still in hand.

Mike Babcock said that Ozzy will be getting the start tonight, but we all know that he has said that before and it ends up being Manny. Oh well, doesnt matter to me. I am not exactly torn between the two goalies, so I do not care which one plays. As long as they play well.

Wings: 5 (Datsyuk, Holmstrom 2, Zetterberg, Shanahan)

Stars: 2 (Svaboda, Morrow)

Put your money on Ozzy. He played really well against Dallas last week and Babcock said that he is going to be the starter.

(Please, do not start this into an arguement about why Manny should start or why Ozzy shouldn't...there are multiple goalie topics elsewhere on the site)

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Franzen will miss today's game as well. His upper body is really sore/stiff. They say he'll be ready for the game Tuesday against the Canes.

You know, I want Mowers off this team like everyone (save eva) but he actually was pretty decent against Nashville, hopefully he can do something before he gets (hopefully) waived.

Edited by Heaton

You know, I want Mowers off this team like everyone (save eva) but he actually was pretty decent against Nashville, hopefully he can do something before he gets (hopefully) waived.

He had a breakaway and, in beautiful Markie Mark fashion, shot it directly into Vokoun's pads. I can't really think of anything else, but he's pretty easy to forget about when he's out there.

Ozzie dominates the Stars, Turco remains winless against Detroit. That is, unless the Moose is loose.

Red Wings 4, Stars 0

Shanahan, Samuelsson, Zetterberg(2)

It's a one game sample size, but the Moose has never beaten the Wings either. biggrin.gif

peace

Guest WAR MACHINE GoW

I'm very nervous on this one, Wings always seem to go flat after a huge effort and win the game before --this will be a good test for the Wings in the CONSISTENTSY department.

Wings 3 Dallas 2 in OT square.gif