• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

NFL Playoffs

Rate this topic

Great opening weekend of the nfl playoffs. Just when you think you have it all figured out with the giants or bucs making a run, they make a quick exit. And the team that no one wants to play is back and playing like back-to-back champs. Not sure how this playoffs is going to end up. I don't think Indy will be there but I also don't want to count out New England. Seattle has a great advantage with homefield but a team like carolina or chicago can upset them. NFL playoffs are great!!

Wildcard games has been boring thus far. Two blowouts with a total three big points scored, and another one where offense wasn't even in the same state. I like a good defensive football game as much as the next guy, but is it too much to ask for some points on the board? For both teams, you know, a close game? An exciting finish?

Steelers-Bengals oughta be a good one, though.

Wildcard games has been boring thus far. Two blowouts with a total three big points scored, and another one where offense wasn't even in the same state. I like a good defensive football game as much as the next guy, but is it too much to ask for some points on the board? For both teams, you know, a close game? An exciting finish?

Steelers-Bengals oughta be a good one, though.

true. the only real surprise for me was how well carolina handled new york. New England blowing out jacksonville was not surprising at all.

CARSON PALMER IS INJURIED!!! This could make things interesting

All roads lead to Detroit - hmmm that just doesn't sound right when you're talking about the NFL. wink.gif

I'll be pulling hard for the Patriots in Denver here this weekend. All of the local Brady-bashing is making me barf - what a bunch of jealous punks. Unfortunately I think the Broncos have an edge - hopefully the Pats will work some of their playoff magic....

Go Denver

Go Chicago

Go Seattle

Go Indy

yep, I'm pulling for the home teams this week. nothing against the Panthers, just would be fun to see da Bears advance. nothing against the Steelers either, but Indy is the team I want to see win it all. Hate the 'Skins. and the Pats....well....it's time for them to make an exit for once.

by the way, RockyMountain....you think the Brady-bashing is making you barf....how bout that "we're disrespected" comment Brady made last week? that's first-class vomit material right there. he's four years too late with that.

Dirty hit...

bulls**t. The hit was clean. If Carson got right back up you wouldnt be saying that.

The Bungles got spotted a 10 point lead TWO times and they BUNGLED that game away.

Off to Indy to end the media's wet dream AFCCG between Indy-NE.

HERE WE GO

bulls**t. The hit was clean. If Carson got right back up you wouldnt be saying that.

that hit was clearly clean. It's just one of those things. The bengals will be back. They got the core of a championship team.

You cant truly say that can you? Their defense was the worst of all 12 teams in the playoffs. The Pittsburgh Steelers shredded them passing the ball with our two best receivers have a combined 25 yards receiving. They got gashed all year long on defense. Their only hope was to get into shootouts and hope like hell for turnovers. They did this well, but with the rewards of winning your division come the spoils of having a difficult schedule the following season.

The Bungles got spotted a 10 point lead TWO times and they BUNGLED that game away.

Off to Indy to end the media's wet dream AFCCG between Indy-NE.

HERE WE GO

Can't say I'm not surpriesed a Steelers fan would say that. I'm a Lions fan so there goes any bias right out the door.

If Palmer gets up, which no quarterback would have, I would still be saying dirty hit. From the angle I saw he saw Palmer throw the ball and 2 seconds later he hits him...in an area that the leg is the most weak, which is common knowledge. He could have went for the feet, the thigh, anything...but he went straight for the knee/knee cap area.

If Palmer can bomb a 60 yard pass right off the bat with no problem imagine what Manning is going to do. You said it yourself that the Bengals blew that game, the first half they were in control. I don't expect Indy to lose a lead like that, assuming it's actually close after the first half. Indy has/d one of the best defenses this year, can you say the same for Cincy? Hell no.

that hit was clearly clean. It's just one of those things. The bengals will be back. They got the core of a championship team.

You cant truly say that can you? Their defense was the worst of all 12 teams in the playoffs. The Pittsburgh Steelers shredded them passing the ball with our two best receivers have a combined 25 yards receiving. They got gashed all year long on defense. Their only hope was to get into shootouts and hope like hell for turnovers. They did this well, but with the rewards of winning your division come the spoils of having a difficult schedule the following season.

Won't really be that much harder. Only two games on the schedule are degree-of-difficulty games.

by the way, RockyMountain....you think the Brady-bashing is making you barf....how bout that "we're disrespected" comment Brady made last week? that's first-class vomit material right there. he's four years too late with that.

I've heard the "disrespected" thing from just about every team this year - bunch of bullcrap jargon I agree - even from Brady. The Broncos (at least their fans) have been complaining about getting no respect for about 2 months - they are favored in the game afterall.

I pulled for the Broncos for years - esp when they had Elway - but nowadays there really isn't anyone on their team I find cheer-worthy. I'm not even a Pats fan (but obviously I'm a big Brady fan) - I just find it interesting that every time you think they're finally done - they pull a rabbit out of their hat......I have to say it's been fun to watch.

btw, there are more people calling in the airwaves here supporting Brady now than Plummer - poor Jake, he seems to be stuck with an image problem (literally this year with the caveman look). wink.gif

Hail to the Vic...Redskins!

Ugh...I can't stand them! I was sooo disappointed in the Bucs' performance last week. I thought for sure they were going to beat the 'Skins. Simms made a ton of mistakes, their recievers weren't catching the ball and the 'Skins D was just outstanding that game.

If they can get their offense rolling, they might be able to beat Seattle, but at the same time, their D REALLY needs to be on top of it this game, otherwise you may see Alexander with yet another HUGE game. After beating the Bucs though, I definitely don't want to see them advance. I hope they lose, but they got a chance against Seattle.

The Patriots/Broncos game should be a great one. Both teams like the cold, so I think it's going to come down to D. Both great QBs...so it should be interesting.

Again, go Pats!

The Patriots/Broncos game should be a great one. Both teams like the cold, so I think it's going to come down to D. Both great QBs...so it should be interesting.

Again, go Pats!

Unfortunately it's supposed to be warm here Saturday - 47 deg F at kickoff. I enjoy the blizzard games myself. I wouldn't place Jake in the "great" QB column just yet - unless he wins this game.

Ditto on the go Pats. tongue.gif

Alexander-less 'Hawks top 'Skins.

And there will be a new Super Bowl Champion this year: Broncos do away with Pats, who had Fumbleitis.

I had Pats all the way... guess the dynasty had to end sometimes.

clap.gif

I hate the Redskins and I think it was about time the Patriots lost. Still want to see the Colts win it all.

Seahawks surprised me in how well they played without alexander. Going to be interesting when they play a team like carolina or chicago next week.

Sad to see the New England streak end, but Denver played better last night...they deserved to win. Patroits had an awesome run.

Nick Harper is out today for indy...because his wife stabbed him in the knee. Not sure how to comment about that one..just a MEN..be good to your WIFE. lol

Also found out that Carson Palmer's career might be over now. How quickly things can turn in sports.

tell ya what I love about this year's Super Bowl....so many headlines about teams wanting to get to Detroit, who will and won't make it to Detroit, the players saying they want to get to Detroit.....that just doesn't happen very often and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

tell ya what I love about this year's Super Bowl....so many headlines about teams wanting to get to Detroit, who will and won't make it to Detroit, the players saying they want to get to Detroit.....that just doesn't happen very often and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yeah. Maybe they'll all see how awesome Detroit is and sign with the Lions for the minimum...

It would be pretty special to see Jerome Bettis (Detroit Native) to end his career with a Super Bowl win in Detroit. The Steelers are beating down the Colts as I type (14-0, Colts look more like the Lions than a playoff team) so they could be well on their way. The Bus needs to have a happy ending.