• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EstonianWingsFan#1

Ryan Malone

Rate this topic

Well it seems to be clear now that Ryan Malone isn't wanted anymore by the Penguins. He has been a healthy scratch for many games now and Pittsburgh is looking for a trade. Another clear thing is that Penguins are looking for some defensive help. I was thinking would there be a possibility to trade for Malone. He hasn't shined like in 03/04 but I think he needs to change a team, because his mind is on his future not hockey right now. He has 7 + 16 = 13 points in 36 games and

-15. I believe he would get better if given a chance. We have had a lot of talk about changing Mowers in lineup, maybe this could be our chance and Penguins cannot be asking the price he was worth in 03/04. Malone seems as a quick and powerful addition though.

What do you think, maybe we have some trade bait, but more important is to ask, should we even consider this move, what would be his potential role with the Wings?

I can say I have always liked Malone. If I remember correctly, his salary was something around 1M.

Yeah, considering defencemen, we have problems of our own, but when we traded for Lang, did we have then what the Caps were looking for?

As long as I remember, our management has a tendency to throw in too many draft picks, but if there would be some other/cheap way, I'd really like him in Wings organization.

we dont need malone , we got tons of forwards more then able to do the job and we got up and comers in grigorenko/filppula and hudler

what we need is defense

if we dont try to fix that now we might get screwed in a few years , we dont know if fischer will be back , chelios lidstrom schneider arent getting any younger

lilja, wooley and lebda are ok but not top 4 material

we  dont need malone , we got tons of forwards more then able to do the job and we got up and comers in grigorenko/filppula and hudler

We've got a lot of pretty solid forward prospects, yes, but none of them are of the power-forward type. Though Grigs is reasonably close, he'll likely wind up being a sniper if he pans out. And seeing as we're never going to draft a power-forward either (for whatever reason that may be), why not nab Malone now?

Yes we need D, too, but that can be addressed in a different trade, because right now, we have very little in the way of strength and size in our top two lines.

It's not only that "if he was so good, why are the Pens trying to dump him". The thing is Penguins found a lineup which can do better than 7-1 loss every game. They are even notching some wins every now and then and they don't want to break it. Now Malone is pissed, because he wants to play, the Pens wouldn't want to break the lineup and there we go. Trade the unsatisfied. After all, Malone isn't the worst trade bait and defence need to be fixed there.

I still won't change my mind about Malone. He will be great, you'll see, just not under Super Mario.

About our defence - we have Kronwall coming up and Quincey, we will have some depth in Blatak, who will be signed for the next year. Kindl will improve and also knock on the door soon, so we have some nice prospects. When Chelios retires, we probably don't even need to look at UFA market, because one of the fresh breads will be baked for that time and most probably our rookies will be pushed into the lineup.

Well it is all about personal opinions, thats the point. Express yourself and we find some new angles in this idea.

and if he was that good the penguins wouldnt wanna trade him

So a player can't be good if he's on the trading blocks?! I see this argument all the time. Frankly, it boggles my mind.

The reason you trade for someone is usually because that player addresses a current need on your team or perhaps that you can utilize the player better than his current club, not because he's freaking untouchable! Naslund, Kipprusoff or Draper, anyone?

So a player can't be good if he's on the trading blocks?! I see this argument all the time. Frankly, it boggles my mind.

The reason you trade for someone is usually because that player addresses a current need on your team or perhaps that you can utilize the player better than his current club, not because he's freaking untouchable! Naslund, Kipprusoff or Draper, anyone?

no, but a consistent healthy scratch on the worst team in the league means he's not quite that good, at least not right now.

I would probably deal Mowers or Lilja for him, maybe both. But I would not give anywhere near what he was worth in 03-04, considering he's two years older and there's no way to know if he'll ever return to his 03-04 form.

no, but a consistent healthy scratch on the worst team in the league means he's not quite that good, at least not right now.

I would probably deal Mowers or Lilja for him, maybe both. But I would not give anywhere near what he was worth in 03-04, considering he's two years older and there's no way to know if he'll ever return to his 03-04 form.

Malone's struggling, no doubt. He is certainly gonna fetch more than Mowers or Lilja though. Mainly because those two have done absolutely nothing lately and therefor have virtually no trade value, but also because Malone is a 6'4, 215 lb forward with solid defensive skills and top six potential. Any team would be interested in that. As proven by the Senators bid of Hamel and a 2nd round pick (if true).

Detroit would be wise to get rid of Lang, move Zetterberg to center permanently and trade for Malone in my opinion. It's never that easy of course, but I'm pretty confident they wouldn't regret it. I'd be willing to put a similar package together as the Senators including a player + pick. Maybe Lebda and a 2nd/3rd rounder.

I think that would be a better offer for the Pens, considering their weak defense, and yet affordable for Detroit.

Exactly Barnes, seems like here are some people afterall who think Malone would be great pickup for the Wings. And yeah, Lang is pretty much all that has some decent trade value right now, at least trade value to get Malone. And wouldn't Pens like to see Robby there once again? Sure they would.

I checked Pittsburgh - Boston game stats just a moments ago and if I'm not mistaken, Malone played on the same line with Crosby and Palffy. That makes me wonder, is Malone unwanted at all? Pretty much 180 degrees the other way.

The Pens are probably showcasing him.

The Pens are probably showcasing him.

When I went to watch the Pens playing in Pittsburg last season their was one thing I really noticed. The Fans love Malone. I no that they didnt have much talent then but he is American and he's a great player for young kids to look up to. I think when Mario gets back Malone will find a suitable seat on the line up. Should be interesting dilema

When I went to watch the Pens playing in Pittsburg last season their was one thing I really noticed. The Fans love Malone. I no that they didnt have much talent then but he is American and he's a great player for young kids to look up to. I think when Mario gets back Malone will find a suitable seat on the line up. Should be interesting dilema

Yeah, he's a local boy. Born in Pittsburgh.

Even though he's a local boy, that wouldn't stop me from using him in a trade if I could to make the team better if I were the general manager of the Pittsburgh Pinguins. Pittsburgh needs help fast, and I don't know how they're going to do it, but they need it someway or another.

Even though he's a local boy, that wouldn't stop me from using him in a trade if I could to make the team better if I were the general manager of the Pittsburgh Pinguins. Pittsburgh needs help fast, and I don't know how they're going to do it, but they need it someway or another.

However, if I were the GM I would want to keep the good strong youth that is already on the team and try and trade the older, yet more costly veterans.

damn would it be awesome if Holland actually went out and landed a player like Malone here. What you guys think of say 2nd rounder and Hudler for Malone, Noah Welch and Johannes Salmonsson. Overrated, too lopsided? Throw in another pick or player and I think it would be a hell of a trade for this organization.