• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bringback91

Ex wings may join new teams

Rate this topic

Spectors (taken with a grain of salt) has reported that the Stars want Kozlov and the Blackhawks want to deal LaPointe. Now, I hope Slava doesn't end up on Dallas for obvious reasons. But the biggest one to me is I like Atlanta and there the biggest sleeper team out there to me. No one's giving them a chance and if they can get a goalie and a Dman they'll be there come playoff time. Moving Kozlov would be the biggest mistake they've made (including singing Krupp and Holik). As far as Lapointe, I would love to see him back in town. He'd fit in perfectly with Malts and Drapes, and would come relitively cheap. (As far as talent, you'd have to deal someone with around the same salary.) But if you could package a deal that wouldn't hurt the Wings too much, (Cleary, Mowers, and a prospect, Lebda, Quincy, MacDonald, Fillipulla or someone like that I think it would be a good deal for the Wings. Not that Chicago would go for that, but it would start some sort of dialog. I think if the Wings are going to try to make a deat one for Lapointe makes just as good of sense as any. You could also try to get Cullimore in that or any deal.

Spectors (taken with a grain of salt) has reported that the Stars want Kozlov and the Blackhawks want to deal LaPointe. Now, I hope Slava doesn't end up on Dallas for obvious reasons. But the biggest one to me is I like Atlanta and there the biggest sleeper team out there to me. No one's giving them a chance and if they can get a goalie and a Dman they'll be there come playoff time. Moving Kozlov would be the biggest mistake they've made (including singing Krupp and Holik). As far as Lapointe, I would love to see him back in town. He'd fit in perfectly with Malts and Drapes, and would come relitively cheap. (As far as talent, you'd have to deal someone with around the same salary.) But if you could package a deal that wouldn't hurt the Wings too much, (Cleary, Mowers, and a prospect, Lebda, Quincy, MacDonald, Fillipulla or someone like that I think it would be a good deal for the Wings. Not that Chicago would go for that, but it would start some sort of dialog. I think if the Wings are going to try to make a deat one for Lapointe makes just as good of sense as any. You could also try to get Cullimore in that or any deal.

OK his points are great but were does this address our needs? The Team needs a hard hitting D-man who fights when need be and a power forward. He makes 2.66 Mil and theres no way they would let him go for penuts. Nor do I want to see him a Wing again. You should be smacked for even concidering trading Fillipulla. The kid looks like his going to make the roster next year. Lapointe! Now I know your joking! Lets see here Lapointe 2.4 Mil 20 pts in 41 Gp -12

Bell 1.06 Mil 29 pts in 41 Gp -5 Now wouldn't you think bell would be a better fit for the Wings? Bell is the type of player we need a power forward who hits! Lapointe on the otherhand is way over paid thats why they wold want to trade him.

I rather spend cap space with a player like Witt/Bell then in the offseason try and get Bertuzzi and Chara.

Bertuzzi => ain't gonna happen. Besides he's done little to earn his pay.

Chara => why would he leave Ottawa? We need more 5+ million dollar D-men? Schneids and Lids are enough :edge: in the D, we #4 and #5 depth. Not Chara.

OK his points are great but were does this address our needs? The Team needs a hard hitting D-man who fights when need be and a power forward. He makes 2.66 Mil and theres no way they would let him go for penuts. Nor do I want to see him a Wing again. You should be smacked for even concidering trading Fillipulla. The kid looks like his going to make the roster next year. Lapointe! Now I know your joking! Lets see here Lapointe 2.4 Mil 20 pts in 41 Gp -12

Bell 1.06 Mil 29 pts in 41 Gp -5 Now wouldn't you think bell would be a better fit for the Wings? Bell is the type of player we need a power forward who hits! Lapointe on the otherhand is way over paid thats why they wold want to trade him.

I rather spend cap space with a player like Witt/Bell then in the offseason try and get Bertuzzi and Chara.

You should be shot for being a cocky bastard. Where does it say your opinions matter more than mine. I thought we needed a "power forward" type. I thought Lapointe was a power forward type. Oh, yeah your right Chicago will give up Bell for Mowers and Rivers since we can't deal any prospects, what a joke. First of all Boss, the wings don't assume a 2.4 mil contract it's 1.2 for one. Last time I checked Bell isn't a hard hitting dman who "fights". Besides why does the Dman have to "fight". As long as he hits I'm fine with him. I think Cullimore addresses the Dman and Lapointe the forward. Cause you don't agree doesn't mean you should talk down to me. I think my idea is a smidge more realistic, besides the players I want haven't ended anyones career with a cheapshot. Although I understand you wanting "Big Bert" your as big a cheapshot in your posts as he is on the ice. Think it through a little bit more before trying to rip on people, especially people who live in an area that picks up a few more NHL games then you get. Also if "fighting" is so important to you, I think Lapointe has been in a few more fights then Bell.

Alright, first of all, Kozlov isn't going to end up in Dallas. He is a leader in Atlanta and helping them towards what looks like possibly their first playoff run.

Second, Lapointe isn't going to end up in Detroit because he is to expensive for someone that has not produced very well and has been injury prone since he left Detroit.

Alright, first of all, Kozlov isn't going to end up in Dallas. He is a leader in Atlanta and helping them towards what looks like possibly their first playoff run.

Second, Lapointe isn't going to end up in Detroit because he is to expensive for someone that has not produced very well and has been injury prone since he left Detroit.

Yeah, that's why I said "taken with a grain of salt". But, you never know, stranger things have happened.

You should be shot for being a cocky bastard. Where does it say your opinions matter more than mine. I thought we needed a "power forward" type. I thought Lapointe was a power forward type. Oh, yeah your right Chicago will give up Bell for Mowers and Rivers since we can't deal any prospects, what a joke. First of all Boss, the wings don't assume a 2.4 mil contract it's 1.2 for one. Last time I checked Bell isn't a hard hitting dman who "fights". Besides why does the Dman have to "fight". As long as he hits I'm fine with him. I think Cullimore addresses the Dman and Lapointe the forward. Cause you don't agree doesn't mean you should talk down to me. I think my idea is a smidge more realistic, besides the players I want haven't ended anyones career with a cheapshot. Although I understand you wanting "Big Bert" your as big a cheapshot in your posts as he is on the ice. Think it through a little bit more before trying to rip on people, especially people who live in an area that picks up a few more NHL games then you get. Also if "fighting" is so important to you, I think Lapointe has been in a few more fights then Bell.

"Think it through a little bit more before trying to rip on people, especially people who live in an area that picks up a few more NHL games then you get." First off Just because I live at Ft. Hood TX. Doesn't mean you have seen more Wings games than me. I have allot of family in the Mi and they tape all of the Wings games for me and send then to me via the internet! Also I friend of mine has NHL Center ICE. Strike 1

"Where does it say your opinions matter more than mine. " Were did I say it did? That's right I didn't. strike 2

"Oh, yeah your right Chicago will give up Bell for Mowers and Rivers since we can't deal any prospects, what a joke. " I never suggested that trade, all I said was "Now wouldn't you think Bell would be a better fit for the Wings?" Why should we even think of trading Fillipulla? Your just like allot of people on here thinking we should trade away the future. Fillipulla, Hudler, Howard, hopefully Bootland to. Let the kids develop. Strike 3

I thought 3 strikes and your out. Your a little slow so I'll let it slid.

"First of all Boss, the wings don't assume a 2.4 mil contract it's 1.2 for one. " Your wrong again. All we have to pay is half this year what about next year???? He's signed for 3yrs for 7.2 Mil. So are you saying that you think the Wings should pick him up and pay 2.4 Mil the next 2 years? That's funny

Last time I checked Bell isn't a hard hitting dman who "fights". Lol read it again O here let me help you again! "The Team needs a hard hitting D-man who fights when need be {and a power forward}." Do you see were it says AND You really need to learn how to read buddy.

"Besides why does the Dman have to "fight"." Do you really think Shanny should be our enforcer??? So what happens when Shanny breaks his had fighting who's gonna fight then???? Maltby LOL He's all game to fight till the other player drops there gloves then he wants the refs to step in or turtles.

In the eyes of the NHL Bertuzzi has paid for is actions. That's good enough for me.

So do you want to keep putting words in my mouth and have me keep correcting you or are you done? sly.gif

ohmy.gif

ufcredwingfan-"Mine's bigger"

bringback91 - "No, Mine is" mad.gif

ufcredwingfan - "No NO, MINE IS" mad.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I think the Bell/Witt Idea is the best for our team right now. It would address our needs in a big way.

As for Lapointe and Kozlov, no thanks.

Peace guys, peace.

I'd take Barnaby, cheaper than Lapointe and fills the same role. Don't be surprised to see Detroit inquire about Lapointe though, he was a fav of Holland and team and they hated to lose him. If they could shed a Lang, they might just do it

Lapointe is washed out in my opinion. It's like his what? 3rd team in 2 seasons?

Because teams covet him. He hasn't been traded, he's been signed as a free agent. I'm not in love with the guy, but he has thrown his weight around and played decent on a crappy team this year.

"Think it through a little bit more before trying to rip on people, especially people who live in an area that picks up a few more NHL games then you get." First off Just because I live at Ft. Hood TX. Doesn't mean you have seen more Wings games than me. I have allot of family in the Mi and they tape all of the Wings games for me and send then to me via the internet! Also I friend of mine has NHL Center ICE. Strike 1

"Where does it say your opinions matter more than mine. " Were did I say it did? That's right I didn't. strike 2

"Oh, yeah your right Chicago will give up Bell for Mowers and Rivers since we can't deal any prospects, what a joke. " I never suggested that trade, all I said was "Now wouldn't you think Bell would be a better fit for the Wings?" Why should we even think of trading Fillipulla? Your just like allot of people on here thinking we should trade away the future. Fillipulla, Hudler, Howard, hopefully Bootland to. Let the kids develop. Strike 3

"First of all Boss, the wings don't assume a 2.4 mil contract it's 1.2 for one. " Your wrong again. All we have to pay is half this year what about next year???? He's signed for 3yrs for 7.2 Mil. So are you saying that you think the Wings should pick him up and pay 2.4 Mil the next 2 years? That's funny

Last time I checked Bell isn't a hard hitting dman who "fights". Lol read it again O here let me help you again! "The Team needs a hard hitting D-man who fights when need be {and a power forward}." Do you see were it says AND You really need to learn how to read buddy.

"Besides why does the Dman have to "fight"." Do you really think Shanny should be our enforcer??? So what happens when Shanny breaks his had fighting who's gonna fight then???? Maltby LOL He's all game to fight till the other player drops there gloves then he wants the refs to step in or turtles.

In the eyes of the NHL Bertuzzi has paid for is actions. That's good enough for me.

So do you want to keep putting words in my mouth and have me keep correcting you or are you done? sly.gif

-sigh- Okay, here we go. Well, just because people "send" you tapes over the internet, doesn't mean you know what your watching. You should try watching the game live on your "friends" CIP maybe he could help you understand. Foul tip. You don't have to "say" your opinion matters more than mine, the way you wright your posts speaks volumes. Bunt rolled foul. That's right, you never suggested a trade, because your dealing in NHL2k6 world. Sure, Bell would be a great fit, so would Crosby, Ovechkin, Stall, and every other young up and coming player who doesn't make alot. Teams are DYING to unload those guys dry.gif BALL!! Why should we not think about trading Fillipulla, "The kid *LOOKS* like he's going to *MAKE THE ROSTER* next year." Well IMO if you can't make the roster over players like Mowers and Cleary, your still a ways off and maybe you could contribute to another team, whilst boosting the Wings lineup via trade. Are we trying to win the cup this year or next. We have TONS of POTENTIAL talent, your not going to be able to bring in all these high-priced guys you want and keep everyone you want so....why not improve this year? IT'S GOING GOING! 2.4, well THIS year it would be 1.2, next year the Cap goes up anywhere from 2-8 mil, so you can afford to pay some role players a little more. Last time I checked scoring goals wins games, so fighting to me, while fun and cool to watch, just isn't something the Wings really NEED. So do you want to let me speak my opinions, or you going to try to be "clever" again. HOME RUN! Last time I checked baseball analogys were really lame. smile.gif take it easy Boss, I'm not the GM so I won't be pulling the trigger on your beloved prospects.

-sigh- Okay, here we go. Well, just because people "send" you tapes over the internet, doesn't mean you know what your watching. You should try watching the game live on your "friends" CIP maybe he could help you understand. Foul tip. You don't have to "say" your opinion matters more than mine, the way you wright your posts speaks volumes. Bunt rolled foul. That's right, you never suggested a trade, because your dealing in NHL2k6 world. Sure, Bell would be a great fit, so would Crosby, Ovechkin, Stall, and every other young up and coming player who doesn't make alot. Teams are DYING to unload those guys dry.gif BALL!! Why should we not think about trading Fillipulla, "The kid *LOOKS* like he's going to *MAKE THE ROSTER* next year." Well IMO if you can't make the roster over players like Mowers and Cleary, your still a ways off and maybe you could contribute to another team, whilst boosting the Wings lineup via trade. Are we trying to win the cup this year or next. We have TONS of POTENTIAL talent, your not going to be able to bring in all these high-priced guys you want and keep everyone you want so....why not improve this year? IT'S GOING GOING! 2.4, well THIS year it would be 1.2, next year the Cap goes up anywhere from 2-8 mil, so you can afford to pay some role players a little more. Last time I checked scoring goals wins games, so fighting to me, while fun and cool to watch, just isn't something the Wings really NEED. So do you want to let me speak my opinions, or you going to try to be "clever" again. HOME RUN! Last time I checked baseball analogys were really lame. smile.gif take it easy Boss, I'm not the GM so I won't be pulling the trigger on your beloved prospects.

Picking up Lapointe would be a bad move.

He's way overpriced. I wouldn't pay more than 1m or maybe 1.2m for him for the whole season, let alone half. Especially combined with trading away solid forward prospects who are close to NHL ready.

Why not just trade Grigorenko while we're at it, since he's not on the roster right now?

I think Lapointe would work out good. Not a fan of trading Grigs, (more of an impact player than most Wings prospects) but, can't say I'm the only one willing to part with someone. Doesn't HAVE to be Fillipulla, but understand that teams will not give up players for nothing, somebody with some talent has to go the other way to improve your team. Heck, I was hella pissed when the wings traded Kozlov, but it turned out to work and I was impressed with the move afterwards.

I think Lapointe would work out good. Not a fan of trading Grigs, (more of an impact player than most Wings prospects) but, can't say I'm the only one willing to part with someone. Doesn't HAVE to be Fillipulla, but understand that teams will not give up players for nothing, somebody with some talent has to go the other way to improve your team. Heck, I was hella pissed when the wings traded Kozlov, but it turned out to work and I was impressed with the move afterwards.

Yes, but considering Lapointe is effectively being dumped because he's not doing that well, we don't have to send one of our BETTER prospects for him if we were to trade for him.

Yes, but considering Lapointe is effectively being dumped because he's not doing that well, we don't have to send one of our BETTER prospects for him if we were to trade for him.

He's not being dumped because he's not doing well, Chicago would trade anyone to shake things up. Lapointe has actually played well. He's just always getting paid big money because people feel he's on the cusp of being a dominate power forward, along the lines of a Shanny, which he'll never be

He's not being dumped because he's not doing well, Chicago would trade anyone to shake things up. Lapointe has actually played well. He's just always getting paid big money because people feel he's on the cusp of being a dominate power forward, along the lines of a Shanny, which he'll never be

I should have said "not playing up to his salary."

If you know what you're getting, he's been fine.

If you think you're getting a Shanahan (like Boston and Chicago thought) then you're overpaying.

I agree, he'll never be Shanny. But the guy is a more than servicable forward, who has size and uses it. Everyone wants to improve the team, but only by trading Mowers or Rivers. That's just not going to work. I should have known not to even mention an ex wing, knowing some people will hate him no matter how he's playing. It doesn't have to be Lapointe, but a player like him wouldn't hurt. Like a Barnaby like you said, even though I can't stand him.

I'd rather bring Kozlov back if it's the case of seeing Kozlov or Lapointe by chance coming back to Detroit.

I like Lapointe, but he's not what he used to be after he left Detroit. Kozlov has he's scoring touch back, and we could use him going into the playoffs to score key goals.

I'd only want Lapointe back if part of it is to be like McCarty was for us as the "Big Brother." Of course meaning if anybody were like to hit Lidstrom hard, he'd get on the ice and kick that guys ass. That's the main reason I'd want him back, but in reality, that's not part of trading I don't think.