• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

lang for jackman

Rate this topic

lang for barrett jackman of st. louis. do you think the blues would do it? i think that this trade would benefit both teams, langs payroll could be a bit of a problem though. also i am uncertain of jackmans, but oh well its just for fun. do you think it could happen?

It would never happen, St. Louis would never be convinced to take on a veteran commanding a veteran salary for someone they consider one of their few building blocks.

And it would be stupid of the Wings to do that too. That's a trade that would hurt both teams immensely.

are you kidding me? how would that hurt the wings? it would give them a third dman w/ physically presence that they despreatly need. sure, they would lose lang, but they wings are so strong at the center position that they could easily make up for it by either calling up hudler or moving zets or yzerman to the center position.

And it would be stupid of the Wings to do that too. That's a trade that would hurt both teams immensely.

I strongly disagree with that. I agree that the Blues would NEVER do it, but Kenny would, and should, do this one in a heartbeat. Barrett would help this team NOW and in the future.

peace

I strongly disagree with that.  I agree that the Blues would NEVER do it, but Kenny would, and should, do this one in a heartbeat.  Barrett would help this team NOW and in the future.

peace

Jackman would help out our blueline a lot, but his shoulder injuries are likely to affect him for the rest of his career. And I get a little nervous about the notion of Detroit trading within the division. Especially when it's not just an exchange of a couple picks and prospects or a minor leaguer, but rather a capable first/second line centre like Robert Lang. Obviously the Blues aren't going to hurt us this year, but who knows what Lang could do for them in the future. He was absolutely great on an awful Caps team last year.

I strongly disagree with that.  I agree that the Blues would NEVER do it, but Kenny would, and should, do this one in a heartbeat.  Barrett would help this team NOW and in the future.

peace

Jackman would help out our blueline a lot, but his shoulder injuries are likely to affect him for the rest of his career. And I get a little nervous about the notion of Detroit trading within the division. Especially when it's not just an exchange of a couple picks and prospects or a minor leaguer, but rather a capable first/second line centre like Robert Lang. Obviously the Blues aren't going to hurt us this year, but who knows what Lang could do for them in the future. He was absolutely great on an awful Caps team last year.

I actually had a part about shoulder worries in my post originally but then I rewrote it. tongue.gif

I don't think trading Lang to the Blues could come back to bite us in the ass. The Blues aren't done hitting rock bottom yet and Lang is no spring chicken. Though we're off in la-la land at this point with a Lang/Jackman trade.

peace

peace

Lang would be stuck on the second line in St. Louis because of Weight and his salary, even though Lang is the better player.

Here's how this trade shakes down, though:

C Lang 3.8m

for

D Jackman 1.14m

Each player has already counted about 50% of his salary on his current team, so the Wings would be cutting down about 1.3m in cap, and the Blues increasing by that amount.

Assuming the Wings were able to make this trade as-is, that would mean there would be about 2.5m of open cap space, while would allow for further moves to strengthen the team, such as perhaps the acquisition of a solid forward or another defenseman.

However, it would be more likely the Wings would end up with Brewer instead of Jackman, as Brewer costs more, is older, and is not as good as Jackman.

Brewer makes 2m, meaning there would be about a 900k difference in remaining salary that would affect the cap. I think Brewer is an overrated defenseman, but I might make that deal given that we are in severe need of decent, physical defensemen and Brewer would bring that and be able to play the Wings' puck-possession style.

Assuming the Wings were to make this deal (Brewer or Jackman) and no other roster players were involved, here are the roster moves I see being made to make it work:

Lebda sent down or Rivers waived.

One of Hudler or Filppula called up.

EDIT: Also, Lang only has one more year on his contract past this season. I don't see him resigning with the Blues unless they have improved significantly and have sorted out their ownership issues. Assuming he even plays past next year at all.

Edited by eva unit zero

eva unit zero- great post. i would not mind having brewer on the team, considering he is 10x better than our d excluding lids and schneids. i mean the trade still probably wouldnt happen, but hypothetically, its god like.

eva unit zero- great post. i would not mind having brewer on the team, considering he is 10x better than our d excluding lids and schneids. i mean the trade still probably wouldnt happen, but hypothetically, its god like.

Yeah. My though is Brewer would make an acceptable replacement for Jiri. And if Jiri can come back, it means Lilja is no longer necessary (As Brewer and Chelios would be the #5 and #6 defensemen on the team) no to mention we would have one of the best young defense corps with Fischer/Kronwall/Brewer in the now and Kindl, Quincey upcoming, plus the emergence of Lebda as a decent player.

lang for barrett jackman of st. louis. do you think the blues would do it? i think that this trade would benefit both teams, langs payroll could be a bit of a problem though. also i am uncertain of jackmans, but oh well its just for fun. do you think it could happen?

ya it could happen if you drugged the gm from st louis and made him sign on the dotted line to complete the trade

Ugh. Jackman? Yeah yeah he's a very good D-man, and will only get better.....but I CANNOT STAND HIM. What's with everyone like these dirty players? EW. Haha

this team needs some dirty players. jackman is a great young defenseman and will be good for years to come.

Ugh. Jackman? Yeah yeah he's a very good D-man, and will only get better.....but I CANNOT STAND HIM. What's with everyone like these dirty players? EW. Haha

You'd like him the second he'd step on the ice wearing the winged wheel and you'd love him after seeing him stand up for his teammates.

Lang for Jackman would be a great deal for Detroit, but St. Louis don't get much out of it. Not even if Weight is traded, which he probably will be.

You'd like him the second he'd step on the ice wearing the winged wheel and you'd love him after seeing him stand up for his teammates.

Lang for Jackman would be a great deal for Detroit, but St. Louis don't get much out of it. Not even if Weight is traded, which he probably will be.

If Weight is traded for equal salary..the Blues probably are significantly better right there.

In that trade the Blues would likely be looking for any or all of: a defenseman, a goalie, as well as someone to replace Weight up front.

Perhaps they will try and trade Weight for Kolzig and Witt??

Edited by eva unit zero

If Weight is traded for equal salary..the Blues probably are significantly better right there.

In that trade the Blues would likely be looking for any or all of: a defenseman, a goalie, as well as someone to replace Weight up front.

Witt wants to play for a contender and I don't see Kolzig going anywhere. He's been real solid for them this season.

Witt wants to play for a contender and I don't see Kolzig going anywhere. He's been real solid for them this season.

Who cares what Witt wants?

If I was Washington, I would trade him to a WORSE team. He has not shown that he deserves to be traded to a contender on request...considering people didn't feel star center Eric Lindros deserved to be traded where he wanted when he WASN'T being used by his current team, why should mediocre defenseman Brendan Witt? Because in this case, a realistic destination might be the one you want for him?

If I was Washington, I would trade him to a WORSE team. He has not shown that he deserves to be traded to a contender on request...considering people didn't feel star center Eric Lindros deserved to be traded where he wanted when he WASN'T being used by his current team, why should mediocre defenseman Brendan Witt? Because in this case, a realistic destination might be the one you want for him?

I think any recieving team in the deal would care a great deal if Witt shows up or not! I also think that a contending team or at the very least a playoff team would be willing to pay more for Witt's services than a team like the Blues. Not to mention they'd probably get a lot more out of him on the ice.

I think any recieving team in the deal would care a great deal if Witt shows up or not! I also think that a contending team or at the very least a playoff team would be willing to pay more for Witt's services than a team like the Blues. Not to mention they'd probably get a lot more out of him on the ice.

I think the Blues would be a solid team if they dealt Weight for Witt and Kolzig.

They would have much better goaltending, improved defense, and wouldn't be losing a lot at forward because Tkachuk is due back soon, and he's better than Weight.

Imagine...if they traded Weight as Tkachuk came back, they'd be making significant improvements up front, on D, and in net.

I think the Blues would be a solid team if they dealt Weight for Witt and Kolzig.

They would have much better goaltending, improved defense, and wouldn't be losing a lot at forward because Tkachuk is due back soon, and he's better than Weight.

Imagine...if they traded Weight as Tkachuk came back, they'd be making significant improvements up front, on D, and in net.

I guess I agree with you, but I don't see a Weight for Witt and Kolzig deal happen. For so many reasons.

I guess I agree with you, but I don't see a Weight for Witt and Kolzig deal happen. For so many reasons.

Ditto. McPhee has already commented that they've been looking for a way to grant Witt's request. Aaaaaannnnddd a contract extention is in the works with Kolzig and Washington.

peace

I would never do this trade if I was the general manager of the St. Louis Blues. I know that St. Louis is struggling a lot this year, but giving away Jackman would make it worse, and not because they're trading for Lang. Lang's good and all, but to trade away their most likely be defenseman right now would kill things for St. Louis.