• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hatcher#2

Brett Angel signed to PTO

Rate this topic

WOO HOO!! This guy plays with a major mean streak, he was an invite to the Griffs camp this year and apparently played solid while fighting with all the tough guys that were at the camp aswell. Word is he skates really well and is very mobile for a guy of his size. He was drafted by Nashville in the third round in 1999 but he didn't sign with them he went to college and played there for 4 years and this is his first season playing pro. Should be a good addition to the Griffins bueline.

http://ahl.leaguestat.com/hm/transactions.php

Edited by Hatcher#2

I didn't even hear that Griffins hadd aquired such a player. I was having a look at Griffins stats after the second period against Chicago Wolves and suddenly it was like Angel? Who on earth is Angel? I don't know how I missed it.

Anyway he looks like a really nice player (AHL photo) who wouldn't hurt anyone ever, but how foolish it was from me, when I noticed 6'6 240lbs.

Does he fight?

How come, such a guys have a name Angel tongue.gif

Edited by EstonianWingsFan#1

I didn't even hear that Griffins hadd aquired such a player. I was having a look at Griffins stats after the second period against Chicago Wolves and suddenly it was like Angel? Who on earth is Angel? I don't know how I missed it.

Anyway he looks like a really nice player (AHL photo) who wouldn't hurt anyone ever, but how foolish it was from me, when I noticed 6'6 240lbs.

Does he fight?

How come, such a guys have a name Angel tongue.gif

Yeah he fights, He fought the Wolves and former Nhl tough guy Francis Lessard tonight in his debut for the Griffins and he handled Lessard easily. Angel over powered Lessard and landed the only punches before he let up and let the refs come in. When both guys came out the box the Griffins bench stood up and showed Angel their appreciation by giving him some high fives. He finished the game with a +1 and played very solid in his own end.

GR seems to try a lot of big bodies, but they never seem to stick around for very long. What's the deal on Charpentier and Jorde?

Yeah your right RyanBarnes! but i think Angel might just stick around, he played for the Griffs in the pre season and he beat both BigSnake and Charpentier in both his fights at training camp. Ireland said he really liked what he saw from the big guy and from what i heard last night he took his chance. I don't know what happened with Jorde but from what i have heard he was a pretty slow skater and as for Charpentier he hurt his hand in a pre season fight for the Florida Everblades and he has had an operation on it and he has missed all the Everblade games so far this season. Ireland kept Amadio last season so hopefully he keeps Angel this season.

Edited by Hatcher#2

Yeah your right RyanBarnes! but i think Angel might just stick around, he played for the Griffs in the pre season and he beat both BigSnake and Charpentier in both his fights at training camp. Ireland said he really liked what he saw from the big guy and from what i heard last night he took his chance. I don't know what happened with Jorde but from what i have heard he was a pretty slow skater and as for Charpentier he hurt his hand in a pre season fight for the Florida Everblades and he has had an operation on it and he has missed all the Everblade games so far this season. Ireland kept Amadio last season so hopefully he keeps Angel this season.

Thanks Hatcher#2, I hope he's got what it takes to stick around.

Angel is actually a good skater for his size, they were surprised how agile he was. They loathed cutting him, but Detroit sent them a bunch of defensemen, so it was a numbers game. He should be replacing Meech, who should be cut, he's awful, he doesn't deserve a chance in the AHL. Jorde was slow, and wasn't much physically, which was what was needed for him to stick around there. Angel has a shot. Travis Richards is done, Meech sucks, and Clay Wilson is an extra forward, he doesn't know what defense is. Keep in mind that Angel can also play wing...so he might just stick around

Edited by Barnes52

Guest Joey Kocur 26

So is angel really a top heavyweight?

Who has he scrapped with outside of lessard. Lessard is pretty old now, but he was arguably the ahl heavyweight champ for a while, pure beast of a man. Probably the strongest player physically to ever lace em up.

Guest Joey Kocur 26

probably not, he had a draw then a loss to stewert from all reports. Dont expect him to KO sudgen any time soon.

So is angel really a top heavyweight?

Who has he scrapped with outside of lessard. Lessard is pretty old now, but he was arguably the ahl heavyweight champ for a while, pure beast of a man. Probably the strongest player physically to ever lace em up.

I dont know if he will be a top heavy in the Ahl but all i know is that he was a top heavy in the Ohl when McMorrow, Cloutier and McGrattan to name a few were there and he beat them all at one time or another, this season he has fought Tremblay to a draw, he has a draw and a win against Matt Goody and i think he beat BigSnake aswell although i think that was a jumping, but i have never heard of anyone who has given him a good beating, most of his fights are always close. Most of the guys that i have spoken to about him have told me that he is a heavy puncher and that he is freakishly strong. He gave a recent interview and he said that he wants to try and fight some real tough guys like Angelstad to see where his fighting is at in terms of ability. So only time will tell. But he is off to a good start in GR anyway.

Guest Joey Kocur 26

Thats not bad company from the O to be mentioned with.

but i have never heard of anyone who has given him a good beating

He had two fights with stewert, the first one was a draw, the second one was a loss, apparently it wasnt a bad loss, but still, here was me hoping the wings had got some legit toughness. Still angry we let mcgrattan go.

He's legit, he's strong and will fight anyone. How refreshing, plus he can actually play without making an ass outta himself.

Was it you Barnesy that said Angel could play left wing aswell? because he played a few shifts at left wing against Milwaukee the other night.

Was it you Barnesy that said Angel could play left wing aswell? because he played a few shifts at left wing against Milwaukee the other night.

Yes! In TC, the coaching staff were surprised at his agility, and how well he skated. They didn't have any room on defense, because of his size they tried him out at wing. He played well, his flexibility is what'll keep him on the team going forward.

Yes! In TC, the coaching staff were surprised at his agility, and how well he skated. They didn't have any room on defense, because of his size they tried him out at wing. He played well, his flexibility is what'll keep him on the team going forward.

Excellent Barnesy, his size could come in handy in the playoffs for the griffs. Get him planted in front of that net.

January 4: “News of the day!!!!!!!!!! Ryan Jorde is a physical d-man who was a Sabre prospect and can actually play.�

January 14: “Jorde was slow, and wasn't much physically, which was what was needed for him to stick around there.�

Classic...

Angel has played pretty much all season with the Muskegon Fury (UHL). He can hold his own when it comes to fighting, It just seems that he never fights at home! He is pretty mobile for as big as he is, But I would not exactly call him the fastest.

We'll see how long GR keeps him before sending him back to Muskegon.

January 4:  “News of the day!!!!!!!!!! Ryan Jorde is a physical d-man who was a Sabre prospect and can actually play.�

January 14:  “Jorde was slow, and wasn't much physically, which was what was needed for him to stick around there.�

Classic...

Hi Troll...nice to see you again....anything to add? Didn't think so. By the way, stop obsessing over me so much, get a girlfriend or something

Now I'll address your pointless thread: Fact: Ryan Jorde is(was) a physical defenseman, one of the toughest in the AHL, the Griffs didn't sign him for his offensive abilities. FACT:While he was here, he wasn't at all physical, so he was cut, because he wasn't signed for his offensive abilities. One last fact, the Griffs had signed him because they were upset at teams running their goalies. Got it troll?

Edited by Barnes52

And everybody knows you're such a great evaluator of talent.

Speaking of which, I see your hero was signed by the UHL <snicker, snicker> team in Danbury. How appropriate--a trash player picked up by a team called the Trashers.

Edited by Road Warrior

And everybody knows you're such a great evaluator of talent.

Speaking of which, I see your hero was signed by the UHL <snicker, snicker> team in Danbury.  How appropriate--a trash player picked up by a team called the Trashers.

How much longer is your obsession going to last? You follow me from board to board to point out where Barnes is playing, why so bitter? Did Ryan Barnes steal your girlfriend? It's not our fault you couldn't get a date to the senior prom, it's not our fault you failed your GED. I haven't mentioned Barnes at all this year, he is gone, I've moved on, sorry you haven't. If you don't like what I have to say, hit Ignore, if you want to continue these pointless posts, send me a PM instead, simple. Stop polluting threads here and on the other board where you go by "Ruh-Oh". I'm done responding to your stupid posts, I hope you do the same for the sake of everyone on this board.

Edited by Barnes52

Put it this way his size is more than welcomed on the Griffins. Two games ago Ireland didn't play him, he played some new guy on defence and the Toronto Marlies ran a mock hitting everything and crashing the net and the Griffins lost that game. The last game they played was also against the Marlies and Ireland dressed Angel because it was obvious from the game before that the Marlies were a much more physical team, guess what happened the Griffins won. He is not seeing much ice time but when he does he plays smart and solid. Ireland has been playing him on both D and left wing.