• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gobias

TSN rumors

Rate this topic

Would love to see Modin in the winged wheel; but I'm banking on the possibility of Kenny looking at the off season free agents and not tying his hands before then.

I doubt he can find a more cost-efficient FA that fits our needs up front more than Modin. If he can land him with minimal cost, he should. He's huge and does his best work down low and at $2.2M is by no means costly.

peace

Rumor from SLAM has the Canadiens creating a market for Komisarek, and that Detroit may indeed be interested. Nice catch Gobias

Big strong and young body to replace the one we lost. I'd sign off on Komo. And with his salary I don't think we have to create an cap space so a pick or something might land him. I doubt they have any interest in our prospects as their strength (skill fowards and goalies) match ours.

peace

Komisarek would be good but i would rather Holland went out and got Jim Vandermeer. I think Vandermeer would provide more to the Wings and he is $400,000 cheaper. Vandermeer can play in all situations and he would be the enforcer that has been missing since McCarty left.

Komisarek would be good but i would rather Holland went out and got Jim Vandermeer. I think Vandermeer would provide more to the Wings and he is $400,000 cheaper. Vandermeer can play in all situations and he would be the enforcer that has been missing since McCarty left.

That cheap we could afford both, I believe. It would go a long way to retool our top 4 for the eventual departure of our vets. Plus our best defensive prospects are mostly of the skill variety besides Quincey and the longshot, but mean as hell and I hope he makes it, Kolosov (he changed the spelling when he came over).

peace

That cheap we could afford both, I believe. It would go a long way to retool our top 4 for the eventual departure of our vets. Plus our best defensive prospects are mostly of the skill variety besides Quincey and the longshot, but mean as hell and I hope he makes it, Kolosov (he changed the spelling when he came over).

peace

Kolosov is a great prospect, but still very, very raw....I doubt he's around next year. I like your idea for both, but Holland won't get rid of Rivers or Woolley, so we'll be lucky if he gets one.

peace

Both would be great but i don't see Holland doing it. If it is Komisarek that Holland wants i wouldn't mind if he tried to get Garth Murray in that trade aswell. That way we have improved our grit in both positions without giving up too much either.

Kolosov is a great prospect, but still very, very raw....I doubt he's around next year. I like your idea for both, but Holland won't get rid of Rivers or Woolley, so we'll be lucky if he gets one.

Oh I know he won't be on the Wings. Or do you mean even in the system since he has to be re-signed this offseason? I don't think Holland is as enamoured with Rivers and Woolley as you think. Rivers was a decent depth guy last year but the new game passed him by, hard to forcast. Woolley was brought in solely as a puckmover because Kronwall went down and they weren't ready to trust Lebda. With Kronwall coming back and Fischer down he has a different hole in his defense. I think he'll address it.

peace

Oh I know he won't be on the Wings. Or do you mean even in the system since he has to be re-signed this offseason? I don't think Holland is as enamoured with Rivers and Woolley as you think. Rivers was a decent depth guy last year but the new game passed him by, hard to forcast. Woolley was brought in solely as a puckmover because Kronwall went down and they weren't ready to trust Lebda. With Kronwall coming back and Fischer down he has a different hole in his defense. I think he'll address it.

peace

I like your thinking, but I have my doubts...we'll see

What do you guys think about Jan Bulis? He's not the true powerforward we need but he's a decent size and doesn't shy away from the physical stuff. He's also fairly cheap and he's a guy we could stick with Lang, while allowing Zetterberg to play center.

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Shanahan

Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Williams

Bulis - Lang - Yzerman

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Schneider - Komisarek

Chelios - Lilja

We'd have to send about 1.5m. Mowers/Rivers/Lebda? Surely Montreal would accept that. biggrin.gif

Souray would be the guy i'd want the most out of those names, but his pricetag would probably be too high. Craig Rivet would be a nice addition though, doesnt scrap a whole lot but when he does he's actually pretty darn tough.

Big strong and young body to replace the one we lost. I'd sign off on Komo. And with his salary I don't think we have to create an cap space so a pick or something might land him. I doubt they have any interest in our prospects as their strength (skill fowards and goalies) match ours.

peace

If I we're the Wings GM I would strongly consider trading away my 2nd heck even 1st round pick for this kid. One hell of a player who under Babs could easily flourish and bloom from being a hell of a player into a soild NHLer.

What do you guys think about Jan Bulis? He's not the true powerforward we need but he's a decent size and doesn't shy away from the physical stuff. He's also fairly cheap and he's a guy we could stick with Lang, while allowing Zetterberg to play center.

That could work. There's been a lot of talk about this guy getting moved lately, though I can't say I know why exactly. Bulis has got a pretty solid point total this season, and isn't particularly expensive. The guy is big, strong, and would give them second line scoring depth.

Shanahan-Datsyuk-Williams

Modin-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Holmstrom-Yzerman-Cleary

Kronwall-Lidstrom

Schneider-Komisarek

Lilja-Chelios

Lebda

Woolley, Lang, Rivers, Mowers. A few trades and a waiver.

Eh I can roll with the D, but I dunno if Im totally soild on the Modin part. I always like his game but man this season has not bowed well for him at all. But who knows we do have Babs behind the bench and Lewis is long gone from the locker room. Alright Im sold. thumbup.gif