• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

Yzerman vs. Howe

Rate this topic

Who is the greatest Red Wing of all-time?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of the poster here haven't ever seen Mr Hockey play. I only remember his last few seasons, but from film clips and books I have read Gordie was something to watch. Don't get me wrong because I love Stevie Y and he is my favorite player of all time, but Gordie my be the best all around hockey player of all time. biggrin.gif

I voted for Howe. Only because that's when hockey was played by men. Howe was a bastard on the ice and he could back it up. With very little protection or shotty ass equipment I may add. Stevie Y, though great for his time, would'nt last 2 periods in the days of Gordie.

I voted for Howe. Only because that's when hockey was played by men. Howe was a bastard on the ice and he could back it up. With very little protection or shotty ass equipment I may add. Stevie Y, though great for his time, would'nt last 2 periods in the days of Gordie.

It doesn't say the greatest player.

You can't say that, because you never got to see them in the same decade. Don't assume what you do just because Yzerman played in this era. Besides, the guys Yzerman faces on a daily basis are a hell of a lot better atheletes than Howe ever faced.

I'm not saying that makes him the greatest Wing of all time, but that certainly makes him worth consideration.

I voted for Stevie.

It might be because I never really saw him play for the Wings, but I think of Gordie as bigger than the Red Wings. He was the greatest in hockey. to me, Gordie is "Mr. Hockey."

Whereas I started following the Red Wings the year Stevie started playing, so for me he is inherently tied to the Red Wings. He brought three Stanley Cups to a city that had watched years of terrible hockey, followed by years of painful playoff exits.

He will retire as a Red Wing, as the longest-serving captain in the game, and as one of the greatest captains in the NHL.

Steve Yzerman is synonymous with the Red Wings, that's why I voted him as the greatest.

He was the greatest in hockey. to me, Gordie is "Mr. Hockey."

And also to Gordie, Gordie is "Mr Hockey". Signs autographs that way too.

That's why I voted Stevie.

Gordie is a bitter, beaten old man now. Has been for many years.