• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

My speculation

Rate this topic

Luongo is the most playoff ready goalie in the league next to Hasek and Brodeur. All the times you cringe when you hear "odd man rush" won't automatically result in a goal as it usually does with Legace and Osgood. Luongo has proven that he can stand on his head with a piss poor team, just imagine im on the Wings.

The Panthers have already said publicly that they are looking for a top foward to replace Weiss, since hes injured. Trade Lang and Legace. It sounds a bit steap but think about it, would you rather have a garunteed Luongo under contract or wait for free agency, when a team like Columbus decides to spend and locks him up for years.

Luongo is the most playoff ready goalie in the league next to Hasek and Brodeur. All the times you cringe when you hear "odd man rush" won't automatically result in a goal as it usually does with Legace and Osgood. Luongo has proven that he can stand on his head with a piss poor team, just imagine im on the Wings.

The Panthers have already said publicly that they are looking for a top foward to replace Weiss, since hes injured. Trade Lang and Legace. It sounds a bit steap but think about it, would you rather have a garunteed Luongo under contract or wait for free agency, when a team like Columbus decides to spend and locks him up for years.

I agree with your point, but Luongo has never played a playoff game, so it's hard to tell what he'll do. I'm pretty certain he'll be amazing, but you never know. If all it took to get Luongo is Lang and Legace, they'de be long gone by now. It's gonna take something alot more than that. Good thing though is that he wants to play for a cup contender, which rules out a bunch of teams. Colorado will prolly make a pitch for him, and it would not suprise me to see the Nucks, Flyers, and Toronto, if they actually make it to the playoffs.

I agree with your point, but Luongo has never played a playoff game, so it's hard to tell what he'll do. I'm pretty certain he'll be amazing, but you never know. If all it took to get Luongo is Lang and Legace, they'de be long gone by now. It's gonna take something alot more than that. Good thing though is that he wants to play for a cup contender, which rules out a bunch of teams. Colorado will prolly make a pitch for him, and it would not suprise me to see the Nucks, Flyers, and Toronto, if they actually make it to the playoffs.

Well basically its a lose lose situation for the Panthers. They can trade him now or lose him completely. Hes not gonna take any contract they put infront of him.

I think it will come down to Detroit, Colorado and Ottawa.

Detroit, potentially could put the best package together, Lang + Legace + a prospect. Colorado would probably move Tanguay and Aebischer. The Sens could be looking to move one of their big D man and Havlat.

Who knows but Howard is too young and Legace isn't gonna get it done. Luongo could potentially put our team over the hump for years to come.

Well basically its a lose lose situation for the Panthers. They can trade him now or lose him completely. Hes not gonna take any contract they put infront of him.

I think it will come down to Detroit, Colorado and Ottawa.

Detroit, potentially could put the best package together, Lang + Legace + a prospect. Colorado would probably move Tanguay and Aebischer. The Sens could be looking to move one of their big D man and Havlat.

Who knows but Howard is too young and Legace isn't gonna get it done. Luongo could potentially put our team over the hump for years to come.

"They can trade him now or lose him completely. "

He is an RFA after this season meaning Florida has a right to match any contract offer. I'm not understanding you. They don't have to trade him if they don't want to. They can take him to arbitration next season if they need to.

He is an RFA after this season meaning Florida has a right to match any contract offer. I'm not understanding you. They don't have to trade him if they don't want to. They can take him to arbitration next season if they need to.

I'm pretty sure he'll be an unrestricted free agent with the new cba. Maybe not though, I haven't really checked into it.

I don't see the need for getting Loungo or any other goalie at this point. I know that Osgood and Legace have let in some soft goals in the past, but our team is still playing really well. I think as long as they play like they did in Minnesota, we'll be fine.