• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

Since we reverted back to the Euroline up front we've gotten quick results again(coincidental or not), but we also run a larger risk of having our 'only' offensive threat shut down in games.

Should Babs neglect Zetterberg's center smarts and use the Big Line to break tight defenses like Minnesota's etc?

Note: This poll assumes we're using the current roster. Don't say "trade Lang" wink.gif
<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!

#2 ripismoney

ripismoney

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:12 PM

I think we spread it around, but use the big gunners on power plays. The Wings have plenty of talent to support Zetterberg and Datsyuk without both being on the ice at the same time. We could always try both approaches through the course of a game. If we fall behind, go all out with Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Shanny until we get back into it. Still, I think that splitting them up is a sacrifice that benefits the overall health of the team.

#3 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:13 PM

I'd ride the Big line a little longer. Once it cools off, spread the wealth. Could be a useful weapon later on. sly.gif
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#4 gobias

gobias

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

Spread the wealth unless they really need to push the offense, ala what Bowman used to do with the Shanny - Yzerman - Feds line.

I'd still like to see Franzen play wing with one of the eurotwins, he's got a pretty good shot and is really hard to knock off the puck, especially around the boards.

Homer - Dats - Shanny
Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Williams - Lang - Yzerman
Maltby - Draper - Cleary

#5 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

There's no reason to take Franzen off of the Maltby - Draper line.
Moral victories are for losers.

#6 gobias

gobias

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

Why not?

Regular season is the time to experiment. I think most people would agree that Hank and Pavel would do wonders with a strong winger to play with them. A guy like Franzen who has an excellent shot could turn out really well alongside either of them.

Taking Franzen off the grind line doesn't even affect them that much anyway. He's an excellent addition, sure, but why couldn't Cleary do just as well in a defensive role?

Edited by gobias, 15 January 2006 - 06:36 PM.

#7 CelticWing34

CelticWing34

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ January 15, 2006 - 04:13PM)
I'd ride the Big line a little longer. Once it cools off, spread the wealth. Could be a useful weapon later on. sly.gif

I agree. Use them with they're hot, but once they start cooling off enough, switch the lines around.
B! E! L! L! I! S! S! I! M! O! What does that spell? Bellissimo! And what does it mean? Sooo beautiful!

user posted image

#8 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:38 AM

So far, that big line has been huge for us. I say let it ride until proven otherwise.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#9 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

You gonna make biscuits?!

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:43 PM

Big lines are important. You have a big line you'll get a lot more scoring, I feel.

Just look at Ottawa.

#10 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. As long as Zets and Dasuykula have that chemistry, there's no reason to put them on different lines.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#11 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:56 PM

With how they've been playing together, I'll go with Shanahan-Datsyuk-Zetterberg line. thumbup.gif
Go Blue!!!