• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GuloGulo

Big line or Share the wealth?

Rate this topic

What approach should Babs use?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we reverted back to the Euroline up front we've gotten quick results again(coincidental or not), but we also run a larger risk of having our 'only' offensive threat shut down in games.

Should Babs neglect Zetterberg's center smarts and use the Big Line to break tight defenses like Minnesota's etc?

Note: This poll assumes we're using the current roster. Don't say "trade Lang" wink.gif

I think we spread it around, but use the big gunners on power plays. The Wings have plenty of talent to support Zetterberg and Datsyuk without both being on the ice at the same time. We could always try both approaches through the course of a game. If we fall behind, go all out with Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Shanny until we get back into it. Still, I think that splitting them up is a sacrifice that benefits the overall health of the team.

Spread the wealth unless they really need to push the offense, ala what Bowman used to do with the Shanny - Yzerman - Feds line.

I'd still like to see Franzen play wing with one of the eurotwins, he's got a pretty good shot and is really hard to knock off the puck, especially around the boards.

Homer - Dats - Shanny

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Williams - Lang - Yzerman

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Why not?

Regular season is the time to experiment. I think most people would agree that Hank and Pavel would do wonders with a strong winger to play with them. A guy like Franzen who has an excellent shot could turn out really well alongside either of them.

Taking Franzen off the grind line doesn't even affect them that much anyway. He's an excellent addition, sure, but why couldn't Cleary do just as well in a defensive role?

Edited by gobias

I'd ride the Big line a little longer. Once it cools off, spread the wealth. Could be a useful weapon later on. sly.gif

I agree. Use them with they're hot, but once they start cooling off enough, switch the lines around.