• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

Sidney Crosby

Rate this topic

Whose career will Crosby's most resemble?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All of the above were very, very high draft picks with expectations the size of Manitoba. Crosby is no different. Who will he be most like? I say Gretzky (and please don't flame me with your "omg omg how could ne1 touch THE GREAT ONE!?!?!!11") Crosby, as with anyone, will be extremely hard-pressed to approach Gretzky's numbers.....but he'll have a career for the ages, I think, but will eventually wear out his welcome in Pittsburgh. I do think he has potential to be the Pens captain for a very, very long time, and that his so-called immature behavior is simply frustration and not knowing how to show it. But staying with one team for twenty years is frighteningly rare.

I'll go with the Modano comparison on this one. It's impossible to truly dominate the game like Gretzky and Lemieux did in their primes, but with whoever you consider an all-time great in this day and age, I don't suspect Crosby will be one of them. It is certain he is very talented and will be productive no matter where he is (like, say, with the Pens), but the Gretzky comparison just seems a bit off to me.

He's going to maintain a 1+ point per game average throughout his whole entire career. I see him winning Hart trophies, Art Ross trophies, and what not.

If I wanted to compare his career to anyone's I'd compare it more to a Jarimor Jagr-esque career. Dominating the league at times, winning trophies, multi-100 point seasons.. Yeah, Jagr's career would be a better comparison.

But, I chose Modano, although Lemieux is still possible. Gretzky = impossible.

I picked Berard.

I think Crosby's mouth andtalent make him a target.

He doesn't keep his head up like he should, and he admires his passes.

He's not that big, so he will get knocked around and have some major injuries in his career.

Possibly more akin to Lindros, but Berard was the injury option smile.gif

It was either the Lindros or Modano alternative. Right now he`s in the Lindros category, but he`s only 18 and I think he will grow up to be more mature. So I voted Modano, I think he will be a very good player, but not great.

If I were to hazard a guess... Mr. "omfg corsby is so lame ovechkin si the best at lest he doesnt dive like flopper hahahahaha," but I may be grasping at straws here...

I voted for Selfish, which Ive never considered Lindros to be. Anyway, Crosby is talented but so was/is Daigle. Daigle had a pretty damn good rookie season with the Sens and then the pressure got to him and he floated off. Hes probably still top ten in the league skill wise but he doesn't play like it.

The one thing that can save Crosby is Malkin. When he comes in next season your looking at one of the best 1-2 punches in the league. The Penguins would be crazy as hell to play the two of them seperatly, theres no point in having two premier centers on two different lines if you have AHL wing support.

I went with Madono-fine career just shy of true greatness, because no one can be as good as Gretzky. Even with all of todays great stars, none of their numbers come even close to Gretzky's.

I feel like I should have put, say, Jagr or Messier in that spot instead of Gretzky and this is exactly why. You don't have to put up Gretzky numbers - nobody ever has or will - to be mentioned in the same sentence as Gretzky in the all-time greats. People looked at the Gretzky comparison and instantly made up their minds, "Welp, not that, nobody will ever touch The Great One". I meant for that to be one where Crosby is an all-timer but not always as a Penguin.