No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Shane Doan

Rate this topic

RW

Power Forward

Great Leader.

What would it take and who would you donate to the Yotes to get him.

I'd give them Datsyuk and Hudler.

Imagine next year's team

UFA - Zetterberg - Doan

Shanny - Lang - Grigorenko

Maltby - Franzen - Samuelson

Bootland - Cleary - Homer

Filpulla/Kopecky

Lidstrom Kronwall

Schneider UFA

Quincy UFA

Goalies

Would Lang do it? or would it take more? I know the great one is huge on him but with the Yotes playing somewhere below .500 you know he's looking around for ways to make the team better.

If they're trading Doan they're wanting to get a top notch prospect back, Doan is very, very valuable and Gretzky is in love with him. Grigs and Hudler might make him think about it, Lang wouldn't even get a sniff.

RW

Power Forward

Great Leader.

Imagine next year's team

UFA - Zetterberg - Doan

Filpulla/Kopecky

Lidstrom Kronwall

Schneider UFA

Quincy UFA

Goalies

what are you smoking...

getting rid of datsyuk??????

prepare to burn at the stake

ya lets trade dats  huh.gif

LMAO

It'd be hard to trade Datsyuk, but Zetterberg is just so much better. Offense, defense and even driving to the net, Zetterberg has Dastyuk beat. Datsyuk leaves a lot to be desired defensively, so of the two I'd trade Datsyuk..

Edited by Barnes52

It'd be hard to trade Datsyuk, but Zetterberg is just so much better. Offense, defense and even driving to the net, Zetterberg has Dastyuk beat. Datsyuk leaves a lot to be desired defensively, so of the two I'd trade Datsyuk..

im not saying that i think dats his better then zets

I KNOW zets has more tools than dats.

I wouldnt mind trading dats and getting heatly or thornton back but doan blink.gif hes just horrible this year hes taking bad penalties and hes playing on a line with nagy and hes on pace for only 61 points thumbdown.gif

RW

Power Forward

Great Leader.

Imagine next year's team

UFA - Zetterberg - Doan

Filpulla/Kopecky

Lidstrom Kronwall

Schneider UFA

Quincy UFA

Goalies

i think you forgot someone wink.gif

RW

Power Forward

Great Leader.

Imagine next year's team

UFA - Zetterberg - Doan

Filpulla/Kopecky

Lidstrom Kronwall

Schneider UFA

Quincy UFA

Goalies

thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

I wouldn't trade Datsyuk for him strait up, let alone throwing in Hudler.

I really like Doan, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg are the future, and the thought of breaking up such great chemistry and youth, is unbearable to me.

Let's wait until the playoffs and see what Dats and Zetts do. I think if Datsyuk performes like he did for his Russian team in the playoffs overseas last year, rather than how he did for us last playoffs, people might change their opinions on trading him.

Sorry but I don't like it at all.

Edited by rage

If they're trading Doan they're wanting to get a top notch prospect back, Doan is very, very valuable and Gretzky is in love with him. Grigs and Hudler might make him think about it, Lang wouldn't even get a sniff.

Im sorry Heaton but I really disagree. Lang is still a pretty decent player, the Yotes are tanking and don't have a number one center to speak of. They are very strong on the wing though. Lang+Hudler for Doan would actually help their organization. Hudler+Grigs+a high pick is just overpayment for Doan.

Im sorry Heaton but I really disagree. Lang is still a pretty decent player, the Yotes are tanking and don't have a number one center to speak of. They are very strong on the wing though. Lang+Hudler for Doan would actually help their organization. Hudler+Grigs+a high pick is just overpayment for Doan.

Gretzky wouldn't think twice about Lang and Hudler. Forget it people, you can't expect to trade leftovers for other teams top players. Why would the Coyotes trade their captain and powerforward for a 35 year old and a undersized prospect? That would be awfully short sighted. You must be prepared to give something up to get something and Doan is in my opinion more useful to Detroit than Datsyuk. Once Shanahan is gone, there will be nobody to take his place.

RW

Power Forward

Great Leader.

Imagine next year's team

UFA - Zetterberg - Doan

Filpulla/Kopecky

Lidstrom Kronwall

Schneider UFA

Quincy UFA

Goalies

thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

I wouldn't trade Datsyuk for him strait up, let alone throwing in Hudler.

I really like Doan, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg are the future, and the thought of breaking up such great chemistry and youth, is unbearable to me.

Let's wait until the playoffs and see what Dats and Zetts do. I think if Datsyuk performes like he did for his Russian team in the playoffs overseas last year, rather than how he did for us last playoffs, people might change their opinions on trading him.

Sorry but I don't like it at all.

And what if he don't? It might be too late...

My next season:

Lang & Hudler for Doan.

Cleary for Laraque

Shanahan - Datsyuk - Grigorenko (Russian duo with PF)

Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Doan (Swedish duo with PF)

Maltby - Draper - Laraque (PK duo with fists)

Homer - Franzen - Williams (Swedish duo with some skill)

Lidström - Lilja

Kronwall - Schneider

Lebda - Physical UFA

(Quinsey)

Legace

(Howard/Liv)

Shane Doan?!?!, For Dats or Lang!?!? I'd have to pass, might as well just trade Zets for Tucker. Come on, theres gotta be a player around that can give the Wings what they need without trading the future. A Dman is what I want to see them get, plus in the Detroit News they asked Kenny about trades heating up around the leauge the closer to deadline we get and he said "Not in Detroit". That being said I highly doubt they'll trade anyone off the roster. Maybe a prospect or something, but I doubt even that.

Shane Doan?!?!, For Dats or Lang!?!? I'd have to pass, might as well just trade Zets for Tucker. Come on, theres gotta be a player around that can give the Wings what they need without trading the future. A Dman is what I want to see them get, plus in the Detroit News they asked Kenny about trades heating up around the leauge the closer to deadline we get and he said "Not in Detroit". That being said I highly doubt they'll trade anyone off the roster. Maybe a prospect or something, but I doubt even that.

Kenny will have to make a move for a defenseman. He'll probably fall back on his usual strategy of trading draft picks. Everybody already knows Holland won't trade someone off the roster. He's too sentimental for that. When is Detroit gonna get a GM with the balls to make some actual changes?

No thanks. Datsyuk is less skilled overrall than Zetterberg, but you cannot help but notice the huge improvement in his d-game this season.

I just wish he would shoot that little, round, black thing more often wink.gif

Trust me, Gretzky will never trade Doan. I am also against trading Hudler until we see him in more than 3 games in the NHL.

Also, if Holland trades away one more draft pick (still miffed about Fleishman) I am going to go insane.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

No thanks. Datsyuk is less skilled overrall than Zetterberg, but you cannot help but notice the huge improvement in his d-game this season.

I just wish he would shoot that little, round, black thing more often wink.gif

Trust me, Gretzky will never trade Doan. I am also against trading Hudler until we see him in more than 3 games in the NHL.

Also, if Holland trades away one more draft pick (still miffed about Fleishman) I am going to go insane.

The attitudes on this board are so perplexing.

One second, people are saying we should deal prospects and top young players to get a big strong forward. Then they lament the deal of a prospect not even close to as good as the ones being dealt off in these threads for a...top notch, big strong forward.

Not to mention people constantly bitched about Fischer only on the D, and these same people were usually the ones saying our team was soft...meaning Fischer should have been far from the only guy getting bitched about.

Or the ones who say Osgood wil never be good enough to win a Cup, even though he already has done so. Or the ones who feel Legace has proven he's not capable of being a starter because of a couple injuries.

Sorry for the minor derail...the Fleischmann thing just always baffles me because sure, he's a skilled forward prospect who could do some damage in the league. And guess what, he was well down Detroit's prospect chart JUST AMONG SCORING FORWARDS. He was utterly expendable.

Gretzky wouldn't think twice about Lang and Hudler. Forget it people, you can't expect to trade leftovers for other teams top players. Why would the Coyotes trade their captain and powerforward for a 35 year old and a undersized prospect? That would be awfully short sighted. You must be prepared to give something up to get something and Doan is in my opinion more useful to Detroit than Datsyuk. Once Shanahan is gone, there will be nobody to take his place.

ya but Doan has not played that 100% this season, in fact I'd say he's playin more along the lines of 60-70%. Sure Hudler is undersized as yet but at least he's been able to make it in the AHL And honestly you know I got a point, the Yotes go like no centermen.