• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

In Two Years..

Rate this topic

Which 1st Overall Pick Will Be The Most Dominant?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think this is a good question. If you look 2-3 years down the road when the rookies fully develop, and the young guns become veterans, things will be different for the 5 mentioned players.

Sidney Crosby - Only 18 years old, still has time to grow, still has time to mature, and despite not fully doing the mentioned things, he's still demonstrating a spectacular year. At 21 years old, everyone knows he will be better, but we don't know how better, not to mention he will be playing with Evgeni Malkin.

Alexander Ovechkin - Already one of the biggest stars in the league. Is on a current streak, and will only get better from here on. He just might get Maurice Richard, is the number one Calder candidate as of now, and there's still plenty of season left, who knows, possible MVP mentions are floating around. This is just his 1st year!

Ilya Kovalchuk - He's dominant now and will only get better. In my opinion he has potential to end his career as the greatest goal scorer of all time. He is incredibly hard to knock off the puck, and just think, his game will improve in 2-3 years, even moreso then it is now.

Joe Thornton - Already a veteran, but his career is still very young. There's no prediction on what this guy can do, he is a hell of a playmaker and ranked high in scoring through recent years. He's bound to get MVP, bound to get Art Ross, and in the next 2 years, I could see him pulling off one of those. He has yet to show his complete dominance, and could pull off Lemieux mid 90's-esque statistics.

Rick Nash - Though many think he isn't what he could be, give it time. He's going to explode next season playing with Nikolai Zherdev and a future star Gilbert Brule, and not to mention Fedorov's game could boost seeing as it has recently. He's won a Maurice Richard trophy at the age of 19, and if he can avoid injuries, he's sure to kill the NHL in the goal scoring department. He's a possible candidate to be a true elite star.

Vincent Lecavalier - Though he hasn't put up incredibly high numbers yet, he does have potential to do so. There have been players who have been in the same situation as Vinny is currently in. Look at Markus Naslund, Jarome Iginla, Todd Bertuzzi, and Martin St. Louis. They all started their careers as mediocre players and all came out of nowhere to be elite stars winning MVPs and scoring titles. Lecavalier could get into that position, and I could see it happening.

With that being said, I chose Crosby. I mean Wayne's success came alot with the presence of another sniper star, Jari Kurri. With Malkin coming into the NHL next season and expected to have a huge impact immediately, Crosby will have alot to do with it, seeing as his vision for finding people is spectacular and I'm quite sure Malkin will be found alot, IF they do play together. We never know with Ovechkin either, if he has a right hand man, he could be one of the most dangerous players to ever step foot in an NHL rink. I still think Crosby, with his complete development and another star to play with, he'll be something else.

Nevermind the "The" as the thread subtitle. You should be able to edit the thread titles dammit!

Edited by BeeRYCE

If it isn't an inconvenience, could a moderator delete this? I'm going to move it to General Discussion, just so more people will see it/reply. It's not going to be a poll. Sorry, I just wanted more people to see it.

Im gonna go with Crosby on this one. Vech is a hell of a player and amazing on his own. Individually I'd pick him over Crosby, but one has to consider which was was prepared fthe best for the NHL? Vech easily. Another thing is here within the next 2 years Sid will have Malkin at his wing and possibly some other hotshot. When that happens records just might be broken. Same could be said for the Caps, but hoinestly who the hell really wants to play for that team? The only reason would be to center Vech and hell even some of the Caps top prospects don't want to.

I think that maybe in 2 years the Pens will still be about 1 year from a Cup. They may get close but I think the Wings will have something to say about that. Yeah, give them 3 years. Also, I just don't see Crosby as a full career type of guy. Maybe he will go the Lindros way with concussions or something, I don't know, just don't see him playing for 20. As far as Crosby having another hotshot winger on his other side, who knows? But a 1,2,3 punch seems unlikely unless the Stahl family produces again (yeah, right).

I think they'll all still be in the league, and thank heavens that now that we've lost a season to a lockout that the CBA has a one-year-extention if they can't come to terms. Now we won't have to lose a season in 2012-3.

(Playin the "pretend it's still '06" game.)