• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

toby91_ca

Griffins Game Tonight

Rate this topic

It's like the Griffs are taking turn with the scoring. It was Hudler's line for the first month and a half, then the Kopecky, Fippula, Bootland line, and now Maclean and his line.

Maclean was a Wings two-way signing right? Or was he a purely Griffins player?

peace

It's like the Griffs are taking turn with the scoring. It was Hudler's line for the first month and a half, then the Kopecky, Fippula, Bootland line, and now Maclean and his line.

Maclean was a Wings two-way signing right? Or was he a purely Griffins player?

peace

He's a two way.

It's like the Griffs are taking turn with the scoring.  It was Hudler's line for the first month and a half, then the Kopecky, Fippula, Bootland line, and now Maclean and his line.

Maclean was a Wings two-way signing right?  Or was he a purely Griffins player?

peace

He's a two way.

You mentioned though that he's somewhat similar to Williams in that he's a scoring line player and not well suited for 4th line duty, right? Is McDonell the chippy one or does Don have any sort of physical presence to him?

Lots of random questions, but I know you know the guy (more than anyone else would). Any NHL upside or has that passed him by?

peace

It's like the Griffs are taking turn with the scoring.  It was Hudler's line for the first month and a half, then the Kopecky, Fippula, Bootland line, and now Maclean and his line.

peace

He's a two way.

You mentioned though that he's somewhat similar to Williams in that he's a scoring line player and not well suited for 4th line duty, right? Is McDonell the chippy one or does Don have any sort of physical presence to him?

Lots of random questions, but I know you know the guy (more than anyone else would). Any NHL upside or has that passed him by?

peace

McDonell is the chippy one

peace

He's a two way.

peace

Well, I'm not really sure about ability to play the 3rd or 4th line, my thoughts were that just isn't his style. When he was first drafted, he was small, I think only 175lbs (6'3"). He was told early on that he had to put on more weight, which he has, I think he is around 215 now...size is obviously not a problem.

He actually made it to the NHL as a regular at 20 years old, but then got hurt. Other than a few games here or there, he's never made it back. He played in Finland last year and did very well. I actually ran into him and his wife (also high school classmate) at a Tim Hortons in Quebec of all places. They really liked it in Finland and seriously considered going back for this year.

I never talked to him about it, but I did meet up with another friend for lunch about a month ago, who is very close with Donald, and she also knows a former GM from Montreal. The GM said he probably will never be a full time NHLer because of his skating. His skates better than anyone I have ever played with (without thinking about it too much), but I guess not quite good enough. I guess he'll always do well at the AHL level, but can't quite translate that to the NHL level.

HOWEVER, I've always held the beef that he has never really been given the chance. He did, in fact, lead the NHL in scoring during the preseason a few years ago, the Leafs had no choice to keep him with the team, but they didn't play him and ultimately sent him back down.